The likely delays

• 51 results
slowbreakdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey, I thought it would be interesting to look at games scheduled, and/or tentatively scheduled for 2015 that have little or no chance of coming out this year. I will start with a few.

Final Fantasy 15

MGS 5

No Man's Sky

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

I'd be really surprised if MGS5 didn't come out this year given the amount of gameplay they've shown. At TGS alone they showed close to an hour of stuff.

I bet Final Fantasy 15 will come out this year in Japan but not here.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Gran Turismo 7. I'm guessing we don't see that stateside until Summer 2016 at the earliest. I hope I'm wrong.

slowbreakdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi True and yet it just feels miles away for some reason. Same with No Man's Sky. That game has had an incredibly long press cycle and I still can't see an end in sight.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be surprised if MGS5 didn't come out in 2015. Why do you think there is no chance? Kojima made a post on his twitter recently about how he's playing through the game right now looking for bugs. When he said that about MGS4 it came out 3-4 months later. They've also shown tons of gameplay.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncharted 4 will be delayed to Q2 2016.
Zelda WiiU and FF15 are Q4 2016.
The Division will be delayed twice and ends up somewhere in the summer of next year.
Quantum Break is Q1 2016.

I still think MGS5 will make it this year (Q3) and No Man's Sky as well.

My final prediction: Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty will both be delayed from 3 November to 13 November (!)

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dussck Words cannot describe the pit of disappointment that will open up and swallow me if Zelda isn't this year... though I fear you're right.

With the way things are going I'm thinking GTA V for pc wont see release this year.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

Torment - Tides of Numenera

I think they'll push it into next year for more polish. These Kickstarter RPGs tend to always get at least one big delay. Plus it will honestly get more attention next year, since 2015 is so crowded.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Budwyzer

Dungeon Defenders 2 , Please No. :(

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

That new Tony Hawk's hasn't actually been given a date, but I would be suprised if it isn't also delayed once it is announced.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tuxfool

@corevi: FFXV won't be coming out this year, even in Japan. Tabata stated recently that they were 60% done.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dussck

@tuxfool: He also said they are at a point now where progress is made much faster than before and that 'the end is in sight'. But yea, I agree it won't release this year.

Someone mentioned GT7, did they actually announce that title yet?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I still have my doubts with Zelda and Uncharted 4, even with the demos they've shown.

Also, Star Fox Wii U. Every time Nintendo talks about that game it's always "We promise to crap it out soon." I fully expect an apology during a Nintendo Direct where Iwata will tell us to please understand that the developers need a little bit more time.

@dussck Officially, no. But I think Polyphony has been pretty open to the fact that they are currently working on it. Don't think it would come out this year anyway though.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Zelda & FFXV would be my "genuinely stunned if they come out this year" games.

Avatar image for zkowaliczko1994
zkowaliczko1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zkowaliczko1994

I wouldn't be surprised if Just Cause 3 got pushed into 2016. Zelda and FF XV are definetly not coming this year.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Of my top 5 most anticipated games, I'm only nervous about delays for two of them.

1. Witcher 3 (We're too close to release for a delay)
  2. Bloodborne (Ditto)
  3. Just Cause 3 (I kind of doubt this actually comes out this year)
  4. Zelda Wii U (Ditto)
  5. The Witness (Apparently this game is now content-locked, so I have to imagine it's coming out this year)
dirtytea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dussck said:

Uncharted 4 will be delayed to Q2 2016.

Zelda WiiU and FF15 are Q4 2016.

The Division will be delayed twice and ends up somewhere in the summer of next year.

Quantum Break is Q1 2016.

I still think MGS5 will make it this year (Q3) and No Man's Sky as well.

My final prediction: Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty will both be delayed from 3 November to 13 November (!)

Came to post this exact list. I also re-watched the Gamescom press events recently, and was shocked by the amount of games that were announced there, but have gone silent. Wild being at the top of that list.

One game that could go either way to me: Fallout 4. History tells me there is no way in hell this game is announced and released this year. But of all the AAA games that could do such a thing, Fallout is one.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SomberOwl
  • Star Wars: Battlefront
  • The Division
  • Rainbow Six: Siege
  • Homefront: The Revolution
JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelda is really the only one that's been given a concrete time that I can think of that will get delayed. Uncharted 4 is more than likely coming out. I don't see why people think it's getting delayed until early next year. If they did that the PS4 would have nothing to compete with Halo for the holidays and they would get decimated in sales.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be very surprised if MGS 5 and No man's Sky isn't out this year. Final Fantasy 15 is like one big delay, so delaying it more would just be par for the cause.

I think both Sony and Microsoft need their big games to drop this year, so we'll probably see both Halo and Uncharted.. Honestly Zelda seems like the most like to see a delay of the big games, considering Nintendos high ambitions with it.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The Division will either be delayed into oblivion or never come out.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By penguindust

There's no release date yet, but I fully expect the North American or International version of Persona 5 to be released after the Japanese version, so sometime in 2016.

And, yeah there's no way Zelda Wii U is out this year.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MGSV is coming out in June. I guarantee it. FF15 will come spring 2016 to NA

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JesusHammer

@penguindust: I'm fairly sure that we'll get it this year. Atlus has been better and better about that. At most we will get it a month later like Ultimax or SMTIV, so I'm confident it'll have a November release. Hell I'd even believe a simultaneous release is possible.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not convinced that Homefront: The Revolution ever existed.

slowbreakdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After all these years I think the question still needs to be asked... any chance we see The Last Guardian this year?

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't see MGS being delayed since they always seem to have it together on the series and are very adamant to have it out this year. I'd love to see Homefront 2 drop off the face off the earth since the day one buy of Homefront was one of my biggest gaming rip off's of the PS3. I can see The Division and Rainbow Six being delayed at least once if not twice, there isn't enough transparency with past Ubisoft games and so many of them felt like they were trying to pull a fast one. I'm hoping Batman, Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 all come out on time and it would be nice if Just Cause 3 was out for Christmas. We only got the retail version of Dying Light today and after the delay all of my anticipation has been zapped, I picked it up in the store today and just put it back down. I think it's too easy to leap at games that have high anticipation fuelling their sales, but I did manage to skip The Order too. As for the end of March there is always Bloodborne and the Borderlands Collection, followed by early Aprils Project Cars (please don't be rubbish) and Dark Souls II.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Junkboy

I think there is a 1% chance Halo 5 comes out this year, after MCC you can't tell me them trying to fix it hasn't set back the main game. After MCC's release everyone working on that was supposed to move to 5 for all hands on deck. I don't think they can release a broken 5 so they will have to push it back. But if they did released a broken Halo 5 it would be amazing just from the Bombcast talks, you thought Destiny/Unity/MCC fiascoes were fun to listen to...... The hate around the net would be a sight to see of those of us who like to watch everything burn. :p

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Are Final Fantasy games known for being delayed? I know FF13 had problems but other than that I don't remember a pattern.

weevils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be surprised if FF15 came out this year, other than that. I'd put money on The Division coming out but also being broken as hell.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I wouldn't be surprised if Persona 5 stays in Japan for 2015.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I don't think SE has ever committed to a 2015 release date for FFXV. I would wager it ends up being a Spring 2016 game.

As much as it pains me to say I wouldn't be surprised if Uncharted 4 fails to make it out this Fall and instead ends up in Spring. I would be bad for Sony but releasing an unfinished Uncharted game would be much worse.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brendan said:

Are Final Fantasy games known for being delayed? I know FF13 had problems but other than that I don't remember a pattern.

FF15 has been delayed a ton already. It was originally Versus 13.

slowbreakdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@junkboy0: I don't think many people worked on the MCC. I also don't think it was a priority at 343. Which is why I am 100 percent sure Halo 5 will come out this year. They have put all their muscle in to making that game as good as it can be. And more importantly, make it functional on day one. MCC was a cool idea, but I feel like it was more of a "tide the customers over" type deal until around September 2015 when a proper Halo release is ready to go.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That game will be out around this Christmas even if it's not finished. There's no way they're going to lose out on the push the movie will give it.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SomberOwl

@somberowl said:

That game will be out around this Christmas even if it's not finished. There's no way they're going to lose out on the push the movie will give it.

That's what I would have thought before, but since they delayed Hardline to not make the same mistakes they did with Battlefield 4 I don't think they'll want to rush this game even if it means missing out on cross promotion with the movie. Plus they have Hardline coming this year, so two big shooters in the same year might not be logical. And even EA must know the importance of not fucking this game up. Also they had nothing to show but concept art last year. Unless they show an almost complete game at E3 this year, I'd put my money on delay.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By awesomeusername

Why do people continue to think that FFXV has even the slightest chance of making it out this year? That game is coming 2016, no buts.

I bet The Division gets delayed until next year. Unless Ubi pulls a Ubi and just shits it out broken. The other game is Homefront: The Revolution. I think that was supposed to be a Spring 2015 game? A few weeks ago, Deep Silver said that whatever that studios name is is still working on Homefront. I don't see that coming until Fall or 2016.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

@a_e_martin said:

@somberowl said:

That's what I would have thought before, but since they delayed Hardline to not make the same mistakes they did with Battlefield 4 I don't think they'll want to rush this game even if it means missing out on cross promotion with the movie. Plus they have Hardline coming this year, so two big shooters in the same year might not be logical. And even EA must know the importance of not fucking this game up. Also they had nothing to show but concept art last year. Unless they show an almost complete game at E3 this year, I'd put my money on delay.

They will cut out unfinished features before they delay it. Episode 7 is going to be huge. Having a game out to coincide with it is too big an opportunity for any company to pass up. I would be incredibly surprised if it doesn't come out this year.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somberowl said:

@a_e_martin said:

@somberowl said:

They will cut out unfinished features before they delay it. Episode 7 is going to be huge. Having a game out to coincide with it is too big an opportunity for any company to pass up. I would be incredibly surprised if it doesn't come out this year.

Yeah but Star Wars and the Battlefront series is so big already it probably wouldn't benefit that much from a very close release to the movie. It's not like the hype for this game will die down a few months after the movie, if anything people will be clamouring to get there hands on this game after the movie. Well see. Like I said I think it will depend on how much they show off at E3.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@corevi: Right right, I thought that had more to do with it being a part of the whole 13 universe thing than it did with being it's own game though? Like, all the FF13 delays were centered around the same thing, that being the white engine in the back half of the 00's. Other than that I don't remember a rich history of examples.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brendan: FFXV had a lot of problems after the split due to Nomura working on both it and KH3 at the same time. Now it seems to be on track but it's entirely possible that they end up needing more time.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have we seen anymore of The Division since E3?

I feel like Rise of the Tomb Raider will be significantly delayed.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ottoman673 said:

Have we seen anymore of The Division since E3?

There is a rumor that there will be a beta in March.

Slang_N_Bang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be absolutely insane if Sony delayed Uncharted 4 after the constant fumbling of exclusives so far. That said, Zelda is almost certainly delayed.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#46  Edited By meptron

FF15 will come out in 2019 and by then will have been rebranded as FF16 versus 2.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By hatking

Y'all are pessimists. "Hey, let's sit around and think about different ways we'll be disappointed this year." Maybe next we can start guessing which age our unborn children will die at?

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

Y'all are pessimists. "Hey, let's sit around and think about different ways we'll be disappointed this year." Maybe next we can start guessing which age our unborn children will die at?

That's a really shitty joke and honestly pretty gross of you to say, duder.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Given what games that are rushed to ship look like these days, I interpret delays as a good thing.

Cythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just learned today that Kingdom Hearts 3 might take another 2 years, but on the upside possible new trailer at E3