The mystery of the dlc realease dates

anamel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By anamel

The majority of gamers out there are always wanting more out of their games and the answer to that is dlc. but the only problem with dlc is the fact of no official release dates everyone will know that the dlc is there and being developed but not when they are out only a few that announce their dlc dates usually its a matter of patience and waiting and when it comes then you are usually not expecting it and may have already traded / sold the game u where waiting for the dlc  to come out on. why do you think they do this and what are your thoughts?

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By cookiemonster

I kind of see what you're getting at, but usually they would say if dlc was coming up, so its more your own fault for selling it. And if you wanted to play it that badly you could always just rent the game for a few days. 

Also, don't be surprised if you find some ronald mcdonald memes being posted here, OP. You might want to consider editing that post because there are loooads of typos in it.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By crusader8463

There has yet to be a DLC that has not just been the equivalent to the oblivion Horse armor as far as I'm concerned. Fallout 3 was the closest, but since I despise that game it didn't matter to me. Why can't we just go back to the days of expansion packs on the PC? When a year or so after a game came out you could go buy an expansion pack for $20 and get another 4-5 hours of gameplay and non of this nickle and dimming people for stupid shit like costume packs or character models. 

The whole DLC crap is getting way out of hand, and I hope people smarten the fuck up and stop buying this crap before it ruins games altogether.

Hep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Hep

I remember the days when DLC was coming out almost every week, every game and at no price. I'm getting tired of the high prices for the DLC and the fact games aren't updated as often. I remember games like Ghost Recon Island Thunder for example having heaps of DLC released.

Marmaladebrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Marmaladebrat

I think publishers are stuck on DLC. They can not have a release date too close to the date of the retail release, then they will be accussed of "not putting it on the disc" when they should have. Could they actually not be setting dates for DLC on purpose?

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By nickux
@crusader8463: What about Borderlands? Some of that stuff was pretty good and didn't feel like it was just a quick grab for cash. 
Darkpen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Darkpen

Wasn't it recently revealed that Microsoft pushes for developers/publishers to have DLC ready by the third week of post-launch or something to that effect? Its either the third week, or the second-third month... Darn, I don't remember where I heard or read this...
MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By MildMolasses
@Darkpen:
That's the first I've heard of this. 

I would think that it's the publishers more than anything that are pushing for that. They want to ensure that people keep their games on don't trade them in or resell them, hence the do quick dlc follow ups to get gamers to hold on to the games a little longer and increase the chances of a new game sale
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By crusader8463
@nickux said:
" @crusader8463: What about Borderlands? Some of that stuff was pretty good and didn't feel like it was just a quick grab for cash.  "
No idea, since that game was a buggy broken piece of shit when it was released, and was literally unplayable online- which is the whole point of playing that game. So I never bought any of the games DLC.