• 60 results
isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By isomeri

The first episode of the VICE Gaming Podcast, hosted by Austin Walker and Patrick Klepek, is now live. I've not had a chance to listen to it yet, since I haven't been able to find an XML-link to plug into my podcasting software.

The podcast should however be interesting to anyone who's a fan of the Giant Bomb expats.

EDIT: Here's an RSS-feed to stick into your favourite podcasting software, along with a Simplecast link.

megabattimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Fuck yes, I kept meaning to ask him on Twitter if they were doing a podcast at some point. Definitely gonna listen to it when I get the chance.

skjeggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

awesome!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c295850623f7
deactivated-5c295850623f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck yeah, listening now. Have missed listening to these two.

Buddy900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome been waiting for this

matsemann08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Thanks for the RSS-feed, wasn't going to listen to this until I could put it in my podcast app.

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well looks like Idle Thumbs is being replaced in my Podcast feed

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pezen

@isomeri: Technically it's the first episode of The new Vice Gaming Podcast, because they already had one with their now UK Editor Mike Diver. I don't really understand why they just didn't name it something different. Unless their long term goal is to change all names on things once it goes from Vice Gaming to whatever their thing will eventually be called, if that happens. But right now that seems like sort of a mess and it's interesting to see how many times they have had to underscore Mike Diver isn't stopping his things.

That being said, I am looking forward to finally get back to listening to some Austin and Patrick. Curious how the two of them play off of each other.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@pezen: The podcast is technically still untitled as is the whole VICE Gaming website, which is why I referred to this podcast as "The Vice Gaming Podcast". I'm aware of the existing UK branch podcast.

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Very good, gonna listen to it. If the site they're making is going to be something that Austin feels comfortable with, its lit. It needs more people to listen to though. I mean its not solely about people who are known in that field that people already listen to but rather people who are "new and interesting", like Austin was when he joined GB.

I love how professionally this podcast got going. Even though its just Patrick and Austin right now its almost as fun to listen to as the Giant Bombcast already.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

Just listened - it's a good show. Sounds like they're planning to go more in-depth on a few topics and emails rather than broadly hit everything (though I'm sure they'll cover most major news at least somewhat). Also they're planning to run twice a week, probably Monday and Friday, and hopefully do so live. Sounds like they're aiming for the format Patrick and Alex used to have on Bombin' the AM (Patrick even said as much at one point).

Also the amount of joy I got from Austin starting the show with, "What's good, Internet?" is near-unquantifiable.

Buddy900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Listening now, great to hear the guys again. Really hope everything works out

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pezen

@isomeri: My point was just that "The Vice Gaming Podcast" is already an established name, hence why I italicized the 'new' part. It's weirdly handled brand naming, even if it is just temporary.

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bombin' the AM with Scoops and Yung Jung

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I can't even express how much I enjoyed the Bombin' the AM shows. Hopefully Alex and/or Vinny can guest on this at some point.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They should just call the whole podcast "Live from the Bunker", that's an awesome podcast name.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@ratamero said:

Bombin' the AM with Scoops and Yung Jung

I prefer Strafin' the PM with Scoops and Kanye East

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been looking forward to this for a while!

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Shivoa

Really glad this is going with a short format, twice a week. It's good to have some variety of podcast format out there and there's only so many long podcasts you can listen to in a week (even when running them back beyond 100% speed).

I wonder if they'll get a guest on near when Tacoma arrives. Two Scoops with Hot Scoops has to be a thing that will exist.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hope they personally pimp it on Twitter a bit more. I bet a lot of people follow their personal accounts and don't know about this.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Great to hear both of them back. Patrick seems more self-assured than he did at times doing Bombin'; I'm sure both life events, a higher ranking position and having a partner from the same age group helps with that. This podcast immediately goes in the rotation, and I hope they get the kinks worked out soon. It's already sounding great, and has the natural cadence of two people in the same room which is kind of incredible for a first-time podcast between two dudes who hadn't worked together before.

fearofthesky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't get my podcatcher (BeyondPod for Android) to accept the RSS feed. Am I doing something wrong? Just copypaste the text into the new feed menu and I should be good to go right? I get "Feed URL problem. Unable to connect to the feed's web site".

Toug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I secretly want them to title it "Bombcast Dot RU"

Lively

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't get it working for the official iOS podcast app either.

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love everything about this (more podcasts!) except for one very glaring thing. All comments are Facebook comments. You can only post comments with a Facebook account. That sucks a lot.

cj3651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A heads up to anyone trying to add the RSS feed to their podcasting app. I was able to visit the simple cast link on my android phone and click on the subscribe to RSS feed button. It then prompted me to choose what app I wanted to open the link with. Pocket Casts, the podcatcher app I use, was one of the choices it showed, so I clicked on it and it automatically added the feed to Pocket Casts. I hope this helps!

Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Inresurrection

Nice. Trying to subscribe now but I've never really understood or tried figuring out RSS stuff. I'm trying to paste the RSS into the URL section of "subscribe to podcast" but now it won't let me hit okay? I feel like I'm 12 years old again and figuring out the internet for the first time.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

I've only been able to listen to half of it thus far and they haven't actually talked about video games yet. I've heard a couple of straw man characterizations of groups of people that Austin and Patrick aren't a part of... and for that matter, I'm not a part of... but still... the generalizations are sweeping.

I guess it is debates season so maybe this sort of thing is to be expected?

I'm not against it per se, but I do hope it isn't indicative of what the podcast will be in the future. I'll definitely listen to the other half of the podcast asap... (and to the next few) before I reach a judgement on whether its for me or not...

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

hmm, i'm only seeing old episodes, last one from aug 8th

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Is it bad that I read the podcast page and immediately went "Gee, I wonder what two outspoken, very socially liberal games writers have to say about the Palmer Luckey/Trump thing?"

Ah, whatever. I like Patrick and I like Austin, so I'll give this a shot.

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@fearofthesky:I use BeyondPod too, if you search now it should find it (wasn't finding a few hours ago)

@poveren: That's a different feed I think, a few hours ago it would show this for me as well, now if I search there are two different ones!

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'll give this a go. But honestly, I've tried some other podcasts outside of the couple I listen to (mostly GB output) and I usually end up unsubscribing. I've enjoyed Patrick and Austin in their GB content, but a little less so on their independent content. But maybe combined it'll be enough to get me in.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like both of these guys when they are balanced out by other, less overtly political, co-hosts but this is a pretty rough listen for me. Diff'rent strokes

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I like both of these guys when they are balanced out by other, less overtly political, co-hosts but this is a pretty rough listen for me. Diff'rent strokes

Summed up my initial impression to a T. It's rough stuff

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extintor said:

I've only been able to listen to half of it thus far and they haven't actually talked about video games yet. I've heard a couple of straw man characterizations of groups of people that Austin and Patrick aren't a part of... and for that matter, I'm not a part of... but still... the generalizations are sweeping.

What generalizations about groups of people were made? I listened and didn't notice anything.

kefrentz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inresurrection: https://simplecast.com/podcasts/2337/rss

Put that into the rss field. Worked for me at least!

Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kefrentz: Worked perfectly, thanks! Didn't realize it was only the small URL you had to put into the rss field.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great, thank you, had no idea this is a thing!

seemah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By seemah

On IOS native podcats app hit the plus bottom at the top right of the "My Podcast" screen, select add podcast and paste this into the text field: https://simplecast.com/podcasts/2337/rss

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By Blackout62

Ah man, I really want to listen to this now but I have to do a puddle jump soon and I should really save it for that.

@giantstalker said:
@giantlizardking said:

Summed up my initial impression to a T. It's rough stuff

You aren't making this easier. Overtly political game talk is my jam! Throw in some Gita Jackson and I would be in political heaven.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By Shivoa

@blackout62: Ye, get me some Austin-infused Match 3 to listen to every week and I'd be good.

But let's get back to our not-at-all-political video games where you play Duderson McShootyFace, a bootstrapping superman who achieved everything by his own personal toil and a little help from his training while a US soldier. Hoo-Ah!

Y'see, it's not political because I agree with everything it says about how the world should be!

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Thank you for the heads up.

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to listen to this!

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lv4Monk

With how much horrible, hateful garbage is often deemed "the other side to a balanced argument" I feel relief when people like Austin Walker get to express themselves. I can only see this kind of political discourse as something that'll become more and more accepted in video games as we distance ourselves from the current climate. When valuing human equality and respect isn't seen as a "bias" by so many people.

As of now we still have to pretend that far too much is just, like, your opinion, man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Wow, this was really really bad, I made it about 20 minutes in and then turned it off.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I liked it a whole lot, glad to have another podcast to look forward to.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Really enjoyed the first episode of [redacted]. Always nice to hear from Austin (it's been a while) and it's nice to hear from Patrick again in a non Mario format. There's only so many Mario Maker Mornings I can take.

I can see why people may not like the type of podcast that this is but I like the way Austin and Patrick tackle topics. And if you don't like it, there's a ton of podcasts about video games out there that you'll probably enjoy. It's just nice for the rest of us to have this alternative take.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Lv4Monk

@horseman6: Your cards aren't very close to your chest.

Don't take that as an insult because I don't want you to.

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like it will be similar to Scoops and the Wolf, but maybe a bit more structured? A bit more Austin, that's for sure. I love that these two ex-GB duders are working together, and it seems Vice Gaming is going to be a major player.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I figured those two had to get together at some point. It makes sense.