The Weekly Wiki Update - Sunday, Nov. 9, 2014

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

Edited By bobafettjm

It's Sunday so you know what that means, time for another Weekly Wiki Update.

The Pages

So this week was a MUCH less productive in terms of wiki work than last week was.

I started the week with mostly small edits, fixing italics here, adding concepts there.

I added some basic information and a story section for the Christmas themed GBC game Santa Claus Junior.

I then ended up going on to do a bunch more small edits, which involved adding a game for the second time this week to the language selection page.

Then today I picked up the total gem of a game known as Hannah Montana: The Movie for the Wii so I decided to check out the page. As to be expected it was pretty much empty so I did some slight re-arranging of what was there and added an overview and a bunch of concepts/objects/ect. I also for whatever reason cropped a cover art photo to remove the platform specific part and made it the default image, which is something I don't usually do.

And then the last thing I did before typing this up also happened to be the only page I did a significant amount of work on. I went for another Game Boy Color game, this time it was Las Vegas Cool Hand.

Closing

So that is it for another weekly wrap up of the work I did on the wiki. This week seemed to bring much less problems with the wiki, which was nice. Of course I decided not to do any credits this week just to avoid that headache.

I am hoping to do a little more work this next week, but it will be a pretty rough week at work so who knows for sure.

So as always I would love to hear what the rest of you were up to this past week or what your plans are. As always, keep up the great work!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By BeachThunder

I've definitely been working on the wiki far less than usual - a lot of which is due to playing a loooooot of Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (which, I'll hopefully do a lot of editing on once I've finished with it). I've still done a few fairly big edits though.

Also, another concept idea, which hopefully I'll get around to at some point :|

Can you guys think of games where the player can go offscreen. I know a lot of Marios do, but what else. I'm sure there are heeeaps.

Example:

Loading Video...

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#2 Mento  Moderator

I'm still doing this "games featured on GCCX" thing, now midway through Season 4 of the show. Most of the games I've checked so far have been fairly major titles and required little work besides the occasional header image. That list includes five SNES pages I was able to just skip over, having been part of the previous wiki project.

I did get to add one new page, though, proving that there's still some work to be done for this mini-project: The PC Engine CD-ROM game Quiz Tonosama no Yabou. A whole month with the PCE-CD/TurboGrafx-CD and I still can't escape it.

Meanwhile, I actually have several episodes of the show to watch too. Some recent translations were completed last month and I've yet to catch up on them.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Also, another concept idea, which hopefully I'll get around to at some point :|

Can you guys think of games where the player can go offscreen. I know a lot of Marios do, but what else.

Super Smash Bros. series games for sure.

maybe Final Fantasy games the NES/SNES ones? You aren't necessarily off camera like in Mario Bros , but there are dungeons with hidden treasures puzzles where you can't see the player character because the view is obscured.