They really need to fix Gears 2 already- it's broken

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I bought Gears 2 a while back.  I beat the campaign rather quickly and did it again for achievements and then I got a good amount out of horde mode.  That being said, I'm sort of bored of that now and I want multiplayer.

That being said, still, despite the update, it is almost impossible to get into a match within reasonable time.  Is this ever going to be fixed?
Because holy shit, this doesn't work.  It takes a rediculous amount of time to get into a match. 

Is epic serious? 

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

They also need to fix Fable 2, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, and most if not all other major releases this season and this year. Reviewers are too caught up in the hype to point out any flaws (even game-breaking ones), and once they have our money, they just don't care.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
Jayge said:
"They also need to fix Fable 2, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, and most if not all other major releases this season and this year. Reviewers are too caught up in the hype to point out any flaws (even game-breaking ones), and once they have our money, they just don't care."
Very true...actually, the only dev this holiday that seems to be trying to fix their games is Rare, with their text update.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Jayge said:
"They also need to fix Fable 2, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, and most if not all other major releases this season and this year. Reviewers are too caught up in the hype to point out any flaws (even game-breaking ones), and once they have our money, they just don't care."
Very true...actually, the only dev this holiday that seems to be trying to fix their games is Rare, with their text update."

.... which made me delete my game.  It wasn't the updates fault, but it caused me to stupidly turn the xbox off during saving... I feel like an idiot. 
As for the text, not only is it a fix for those with SDTVs, but it also gives the classic, more suited, black text bubbles instead of those weird (but still okay) text squares.

I don't think Fable and Fallout are so bad though.  Fallout will be forever buggy, its a Bethesda game afterall and Fable 2 is fine except for the laggy menus when not installed and the fact that you can get screwed if you download your dlc when not in your guild cave in fable 2. 0.
Haven't played FarCry. 

That being said, out of all of them, only Gears has a game breaking fault.  While Banjo's text was unreadable for some, many games are the same and its really something that we've dealed with, they were just good to their fans really.  
Gears 2's glitch makes me want to stabs holes through the games case.  Ah... who gives a crap.  I'll just go back to playing halo.  Gear's multiplayer isn't even good enough to worry about.  I'd rather play COD's or Vegas's or hell, even GRAW's.  
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TwoOneFive

i beat the game in about 7 hours, two sittings, got sick of waiting forever for online matches, and haven't touched it in dayssssss

screw it. a game THIS BIG should NOT have these issues. i mean, its only like 10 vs 10, Resistance 2 is 30 vs 30 and works fast and smooth!
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf
TwoOneFive said:
"i beat the game in about 7 hours, two sittings, got sick of waiting forever for online matches, and haven't touched it in dayssssss
screw it. a game THIS BIG should NOT have these issues. i mean, its only like 10 vs 10, Resistance 2 is 30 vs 30 and works fast and smooth!
"
5 vs. 5... That is how sad it is.

I went back to playing the original Gears. How sad is that!?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jayge_
SmugDarkLoser said:
"
.... which made me delete my game.  It wasn't the updates fault, but it caused me to stupidly turn the xbox off during saving... I feel like an idiot. 
As for the text, not only is it a fix for those with SDTVs, but it also gives the classic, more suited, black text bubbles instead of those weird (but still okay) text squares.

I don't think Fable and Fallout are so bad though.  Fallout will be forever buggy, its a Bethesda game afterall and Fable 2 is fine except for the laggy menus when not installed and the fact that you can get screwed if you download your dlc when not in your guild cave in fable 2. 0.
Haven't played FarCry. 

That being said, out of all of them, only Gears has a game breaking fault.  While Banjo's text was unreadable for some, many games are the same and its really something that we've dealed with, they were just good to their fans really.  
Gears 2's glitch makes me want to stabs holes through the games case.  Ah... who gives a crap.  I'll just go back to playing halo.  Gear's multiplayer isn't even good enough to worry about.  I'd rather play COD's or Vegas's or hell, even GRAW's.  "
Fallout 3 has game crashing bugs (although I've been fortunate enough to never encounter any), Fable 2 has bugs that glitch characters into certain stiuations perpetually and then auto-saves so that you can't get out of it (game-breaking). Far Cry 2 has several NPC spawning glitches and if you leave your game saved at 70-80%, the game corrupts all of your saves and makes it unplayable unless you start over or load a much older save. Banjo is one of the most polished games this year; I actually don't like the new text or the black text boxes, but thankfully I can turn the crappy new text off.
NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By NateDogg

This glitch you refer to in Gears has been corrected by a patch I believe... I had problems connecting to matches when the game launched but seriously, I've had no problems for a while now.

The only real glitch I found in Gears2 is that I've noticed on co-op campaign that my buddy or I will clip through the ground at times.. kind of weird.. it won't show on my screen but on theirs i'm not even standing on the ground.. 

Or.. those times when I get stuck on a wall or i can't move for no apparent reason.. then death. 

Otherwise, great game!
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
NateDogg said:
"This glitch you refer to in Gears has been corrected by a patch I believe... I had problems connecting to matches when the game launched but seriously, I've had no problems for a while now.
The only real glitch I found in Gears2 is that I've noticed on co-op campaign that my buddy or I will clip through the ground at times.. kind of weird.. it won't show on my screen but on theirs i'm not even standing on the ground.. 

Or.. those times when I get stuck on a wall or i can't move for no apparent reason.. then death. 

Otherwise, great game!
"
It wasn't corrected. It had a patch, but it did pretty much nothing. 

And it's not really a glitch, just bad matcmaking design.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
SpikeSpiegel said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"i beat the game in about 7 hours, two sittings, got sick of waiting forever for online matches, and haven't touched it in dayssssss
"

"
Blame dedicated servers and messy netcode.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TwoOneFive
SpikeSpiegel said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"

"
LOL i forgot. dude i seriously lol'ed thats ridiculous, only 5 vs 5, i must have thought that nobody was playing haha. 
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pause422
WilliamRLBaker said:
"SpikeSpiegel said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"

"
Blame dedicated servers and messy netcode."
It has no dedicated servers......
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Jayge said:
Very true...actually, the only dev this holiday that seems to be trying to fix their games is Rare, with their text update."
Oh, yeah.  SDTV people can read the text fine now.  The HDTV crowd has to deal with lesser graphics and a choppier framerate, but that's okay.  SDTV people can read the text now.
-_-
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
jakob187 said:
"
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Jayge said:
Oh, yeah.  SDTV people can read the text fine now.  The HDTV crowd has to deal with lesser graphics and a choppier framerate, but that's okay.  SDTV people can read the text now.
-_-
"
What are you talking about? >.>
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By daniel_beck_90

unfortunately that is true , it is a shame that a sequel to one of the most popular Online multi-player game is like this . ...sigh .....

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
pause422 said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"SpikeSpiegel said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"

"
Blame dedicated servers and messy netcode."
It has no dedicated servers......"
you know what i ment. i just didn't put blame none dedicated.

P.S: gears 2 is better then gears 1 in terms of multiplayer gears 1 is nigh unplayable cause every match is shotgun roll/cover glitching.
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By CoolDrMoney

I already hated the first Gear's multiplayer, so I'm heading into the sequel just hoping for a solid campaign worth a few playthroughs and horde mode to be fun. It's a damn shame for those (quite significant amount of people) who were looking for a good multiplayer game though.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Subway

It's broken yeah, and it's not even worth the damn wait.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Discorsi

Multi is fun.  Worth the wait on the occasions that it does take a little bit more time than usual. 

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By LiquidPrince

Shame. The glitch that I kept getting was that my chainsaw kept revving even though I wasn't holding the button...

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jayge_

Actually, I'm kind of glad they didn't patch it. Whenever I'm in a party with friends playing Gears 2, it's always hilarious to hear "FUCK! It made me roadie run again! Fuck this game! I don't want to be a glitcher!"

That's when you know something is seriously fucked XD

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By crunchUK

yeah wtf epic i don't have gears 2 yet but they were all "we've fixed it up goo d this time.. honest!!" prior to release but once again they deliver a completely rushed package ridden with faults

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By get2sammyb
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Jayge said:
Media Molecule have put a ton of work into making the LittleBigPlanet experience so credit where credit's due. I do agree with Jayge, though. Developers rely way too heavily on patching these days.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Drebin_893

But....I thought you said Gears completely copied Halo?

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By atejas

So can we all agree that Valve, Media Molecule, and Rare are the only companies this year that care about fixing issues?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By crunchUK
atejas said:
"So can we all agree that Valve, Media Molecule, and Rare are the only companies this year that care about fixing issues?"
and bungie
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
get2sammyb said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"Jayge said:
Media Molecule have put a ton of work into making the LittleBigPlanet experience so credit where credit's due. I do agree with Jayge, though. Developers rely way too heavily on patching these days."
Ahhh yes, also very true.
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
crunchUK said:
"atejas said:
"So can we all agree that Valve, Media Molecule, and Rare are the only companies this year that care about fixing issues?"
and bungie"
Bungie continuously makes their shitty game more shitty, and continuously ruins the Halo franchise, if that's what you mean.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
crunchUK said:
"atejas said:
and bungie"
definately.  making tweaks to the gameplay that no one will notice ftw!
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#30  Edited By wefwefasdf
TheGTAvaccine said:
"crunchUK said:
"atejas said:
and bungie"
Bungie continuously makes their shitty game more shitty, and continuously ruins the Halo franchise, if that's what you mean."
That didn't make sense. Sorry, but Bungie has not patched anything and made it worse.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
SpikeSpiegel said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"crunchUK said:
"atejas said:
and bungie"
Bungie continuously makes their shitty game more shitty, and continuously ruins the Halo franchise, if that's what you mean."
That didn't make sense. Sorry, but Bungie has not patched anything and made it worse."
Of course they have.  Bungie is a shitty company and Halo a shitty game.  Everything they do is awful and overrated. 
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By crunchUK
SmugDarkLoser said:
"SpikeSpiegel said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"crunchUK said:
"atejas said:
and bungie"
That didn't make sense. Sorry, but Bungie has not patched anything and made it worse."
Of course they have.  Bungie is a shitty company and Halo a shitty game.  Everything they do is awful and overrated. "
yeah haven't u herd that hating everything halo is well cool and gives you more pubes?????
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By crunchUK
SmugDarkLoser said:
"crunchUK said:
"atejas said:
and bungie"
definately.  making tweaks to the gameplay that no one will notice ftw!"
i'm pretty sure it's impossible to NOT notice boundless and epilogue
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
crunchUK said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"crunchUK said:
"atejas said:
and bungie"
definately.  making tweaks to the gameplay that no one will notice ftw!"
i'm pretty sure it's impossible to NOT notice boundless and epilogue"
I was more so talking about the melee change and stuff like that.
But yea, boundless, epilogue, sandtarp, and the xp system are impossible to miss.  People who play it should have noticed pit stop and some of the more minor stuff.

And technically the new maps are updates.

It's just they constantly try to perfect the nearly perfected,
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Back to Gears 2, isn't 5 vs. 5 a design choice rather than a technical limitation in its case?  I don't think it's really fair to compare it to Resistance in terms of multiplayer.  They are different experiences.

The glitches it has are unacceptable though...

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By brukaoru

Gears of War 2 has already been patched, and there will certainly be more coming. EPIC was still releasing patches for the first Gears six months later. These things take time to fix, they cannot be resolved immediately.

Also, I played a few public matches and was in a game in less than 3 minutes, but perhaps I was not playing during "peak" times or something.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jayge_
brukaoru said:
"Gears of War 2 has already been patched, and there will certainly be more coming. EPIC was still releasing patches for the first Gears six months later. These things take time to fix, they cannot be resolved immediately.

Also, I played a few public matches and was in a game in less than 3 minutes, but perhaps I was not playing during "peak" times or something."
Epic was still releasing patches for the first Gears of War over a year and a half later. Gears of War is one of the glitchiest fucking games to ever pass a QA test. As is its sequel.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By brukaoru
Jayge said:
"Epic was still releasing patches for the first Gears of War over a year and a half later. Gears of War is one of the glitchiest fucking games to ever pass a QA test. As is its sequel."
Aah, thanks for the info. I wasn't sure how long they had been patching the first one, the latest article I saw for a patch for the first game was dated about six months after it's release. It is a little weird that some of the glitches apparent in Gears 2 had been patched in the first game, you think they would have realized that would be a problem in the sequel and would have fixed it. Still, I have fun playing multi-player despite it's glitches.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Jayge said:

"brukaoru said:
"Gears of War 2 has already been patched, and there will certainly be more coming. EPIC was still releasing patches for the first Gears six months later. These things take time to fix, they cannot be resolved immediately.

Also, I played a few public matches and was in a game in less than 3 minutes, but perhaps I was not playing during "peak" times or something."
Epic was still releasing patches for the first Gears of War over a year and a half later. Gears of War is one of the glitchiest fucking games to ever pass a QA test. As is its sequel."

http://www.screwattack.com/Puntos/Gears2

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By jakob187

I think that the biggest priority on XBL right now should be fixing that dumpster-in-front-of-the-elevator shit on Stage 4 of No Mercy in Left 4 Dead.

FAR more annoying than any glitches in GoW2.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

^ not really.
Gears of War won't let you play it.  

Not playing at all vs. a level restart.