Things you thought you knew about video game characters?

TheBigBeefy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheBigBeefy
 B.Orchid (Killer Instinct Universe)
I always thought that B.Orchid was black. Whenever you're able to see her face she has the facial features of a black woman (IMO) but I guess I was wrong she's related to Jago. Then again they could be mixed but that might be a stretch.

Sub-Zero (MK Universe)
I always thought that there was only one Sub Zero until the movie. Then when it was revealed that Noob Saibot was the masked Sub-Zero. Of course there may have been some indication earlier but I just played for fun and never really paid attention to the storyline.

Birdo (Super Mario Universe)
Yeah I still don't get how this makes an impact. He's a boy who thinks he's a girl. How exactly does that add anything to the Super Mario universe?

Pey'j (Beyond Good & Evil Universe)
I thought he was a bad guy or would turn into a bad guy until I actually played the game. Haven't finished it though.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

I always thought Raiden was a woman until it was clarified by the President the hes ''...a man?!?''...nah course I knew it was just a very feminine dude like. He had a male voice actor..without that knowledge though..lol
TheBigBeefy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheBigBeefy

I always thought that he was fruity in the booty, if you know what I mean.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I always thought Samus was a male until I played my first metroid game (I don't remember which that was...)

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xyzygy
@xobballox said:
" I always thought Samus was a male until I played my first metroid game (I don't remember which that was...) "
Yeah, me too. The first time I've played as Samus was Super Smash Brothers, and her movements and sounds were so manly I could have sworn it was a guy.
Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Metroid545

when I discovered bridget was a guy...uuuugh

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By penguindust
@Metroid545 said:
" when I discovered bridget was a guy...uuuugh "
I know, I know...not matter how much I bathe, it just won't wash away.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel
@xyzygy said:
" @xobballox said:
" I always thought Samus was a male until I played my first metroid game (I don't remember which that was...) "
Yeah, me too. The first time I've played as Samus was Super Smash Brothers, and her movements and sounds were so manly I could have sworn it was a guy. "
Both of you, welcome to 1987!

I was really thrown off by Jeane in No More Heroes.  If you read the instruction manual, it gives a brief description of her, but when I actually encountered her in the game it was a different story entirely.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xyzygy
@Hailinel:
*Looks in manual* 

Wow, I didn't even notice that. That is really... wrong. She's like, in a dress and stuff.
vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By vaiz

Tails. Girl. 'Nuff said.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By Deusoma
@punkxblaze said:
" Tails. Girl. 'Nuff said. "
No, not really, I have no idea what you're talking about.

As for me, I don't really have any former misunderstandings about specific characters, but I had always been under the impression that the adventure game The Dig was based on the Alan Dean Foster novel, only to find out years after the fact that, despite not actually mentioning the game anywhere in it, and not having the LucasArts logo on it, the book was actually the novelization of the video game. First time I'd ever heard of that even happening.
JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoeyIA

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Tails is a little boy named Miles.
jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#13  Edited By jacksukeru
@xyzygy said:
" @xobballox said:
Yeah, me too. The first time I've played as Samus was Super Smash Brothers, and her movements and sounds were so manly I could have sworn it was a guy. "
I played through the entirety of Metroid 2 thinking Samus was a guy, wasn't until I read something about smash bros on the internet were it kept reffering to Samus as "she" that I realized.
RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By RichardLOlson

I always thought Luigi was a straight man....until I noticed he never went for the princess....Yes he is Gay!!!

TheBigBeefy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheBigBeefy
@RockmanBionics said:
" @xyzygy said:
" @xobballox said:
I played through the entirety of Metroid 2 thinking Samus was a guy, wasn't until I read something about smash bros on the internet were it kept reffering to Samus as "she" that I realized. "
I believe I discovered the whole Samus being a girl thing when I was researching video game revelations. You see I had just found out that Mario first appeared in Donkey Kong and wanted to know what else I didn't know. During my search I found out some stuff about Zelda and Half Life (nothing big) but then I saw a video of the original game when you reveal the last piece of armor and see that Samus is a girl.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By PureRok

When I was younger and couldn't read yet I always thought Link was Zelda.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By wefwefasdf
@JoeyIA said:
" ^ Yeah, I'm pretty sure Tails is a little boy named Miles. "
I was under that impression to. We are right, right?
Smarter_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Smarter_Martyr
@SpikeSpiegel: Yeah, his name was Miles Prower. Get it? Miles Per Hour? Shit is lame.
RawShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RawShark
@Smarter_Martyr: Shit is lame but... goddamn if I didn't notice that before ._.