Thoughts on Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad

mrnivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 1

Edited By mrnivek

I didn’t really have much expectations for Onechanbara Bikini Samurai Squad other that wanting to see one of those weird Japanese import games focused on cute chicks fighting. In the intro cutscene seeing the two sisters getting ready to fight zombies made be laugh out loud. Heh, the character Aya got caught in the shower during this current zombie apocalypse and had to quickly don her cowboy hat, feather boa, swords and sport thong!

The game controls were pretty bad, graphics reminded me of a Playstation 2 game and I just didn’t have a lot of fun with the boring battles and confusing map to get from encounter to encounter. Right off the bat I didn’t clean my sword, guess in the game a clean sword is important and if yours is too dirty it will get stuck in zombies? So I died a bit trying to figure that out and the game manual is worthless trying to figure out any details about the game. If you are interested IGN has a decent faq at

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/756/756503p1.html

I got in about 7 out of 20 chapters and just wasn’t having any fun anymore, really you would think scantily clad women fighting zombies would be a no-brainer and be some fun. I can’t even really say this would be a decent rental since I’m taking mine back for the next game. Hey, maybe the video store will have X-Blades left!

mrnivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mrnivek

I didn’t really have much expectations for Onechanbara Bikini Samurai Squad other that wanting to see one of those weird Japanese import games focused on cute chicks fighting. In the intro cutscene seeing the two sisters getting ready to fight zombies made be laugh out loud. Heh, the character Aya got caught in the shower during this current zombie apocalypse and had to quickly don her cowboy hat, feather boa, swords and sport thong!

The game controls were pretty bad, graphics reminded me of a Playstation 2 game and I just didn’t have a lot of fun with the boring battles and confusing map to get from encounter to encounter. Right off the bat I didn’t clean my sword, guess in the game a clean sword is important and if yours is too dirty it will get stuck in zombies? So I died a bit trying to figure that out and the game manual is worthless trying to figure out any details about the game. If you are interested IGN has a decent faq at

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/756/756503p1.html

I got in about 7 out of 20 chapters and just wasn’t having any fun anymore, really you would think scantily clad women fighting zombies would be a no-brainer and be some fun. I can’t even really say this would be a decent rental since I’m taking mine back for the next game. Hey, maybe the video store will have X-Blades left!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

I was excited for this game based purely on its absurdity, but I ended up passing on it because of all the bad press I've been hearing...I'm glad I didn't pick it up.

Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Dauragon

Yeah I'm pretty much just gonna buy this game and then giggle every time I look at it on my shelf.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
mrnivek said:
I got in about 7 out of 20 chapters and just wasn’t having any fun anymore, really you would think scantily clad women fighting zombies would be a no-brainer and be some fun. I can’t even really say this would be a decent rental since I’m taking mine back for the next game. Hey, maybe the video store will have X-Blades left!"
I See whut you did thar 
also i to am glad i didn't even consider getting it, sure it has everything i like but its also Japanese and the Japanese make weird games that normally scare me away .... :P 
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I'm still going to get it.  These type of games are inevitable to fall in price quickly.  Get it at like $3.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By suneku

I'm actually having quite happy with this game and am having some fun even if you take out the chick in the bikini. The gameplay is pretty depth, although there's only 3 tiers of combos to do. The timing is still pretty hard, but it makes it lots more fun then just button mashing. Graphics are what I expected from a game in 2006. Never expected an epic story, in fact I've skipped most of the reading so far. Co-op was mildly fun too. In my personal opinion, I've had more fun playing this then any of the Dynasty Warriors.