Thursday Night Throwdown

scardb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By scardb

Is TFT still happening tonight without Drew and Patrick? I thought the timer for the show was usually up by now.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Pazy

The TNT is happening and the timer is the front page. Though my local time is for the UK.

TNT: Langzone Revisited

Live Show on Apr 26, 2013 12:00 AM

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The "coming up on giant bomb" window on the front page says it is. "TNT The Lang Zone Revisited"

scardb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh right, woops. Forgot about that coming up element. (Usually look at the top left with the countdown next to the giant bomb logo) My bad. Thanks for reminding me.

scardb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By scardb

Speaking of which, that element is really horrible, haha. Black background with images on and a horrible font for the title.

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Somehow Vinny managed to break the timer while screwing around with Linux.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe drew was always the guy who did the timer? He's out of the office so now theres panic PANIC!

scardb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Panic on the streets of London, panic on the streets of Birmingham. I wonder to myself could life ever be sane again.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

T-minus 32 minutes till we enter the Lang Zone!

No Caption Provided

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dave Lang is filling in for Drew tonight

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would it stop without Drew and Patrick? It's not like a full crew is needed for TNT

mason20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mason20

Man looking forward to this tnt because of dave lang but not too sure how I'd feel if the whole show will be his game again.... Sure dive kick looks fun but we already had a show dedicated to it right?

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ottoman673

That... was possibly the best TNT i have ever seen

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was kinda like watching that scene in Wayne's World where they get corporate sponsorship and the dude from Noah's Arcade sits on the couch, and Wayne has to suck up to him. But instead of doing what he does in the movie, he just sucks up to him.

The whole website's been like, "that looks like Wayne's basement, but that's not Wayne's basement."

Weird.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By fattony12000

I'm not being super blind am I? It's Friday and the archive is still not up on the site, r-right? Right?

RIGHT!?

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

I'm not being super blind am I? It's Friday and the archive is still not up on the site, r-right? Right?

RIGHT!?

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Yeah I pretty much felt the same way when I came home from work last night. Then I remembered that it used to take up nearly the entire weekend to put TNT videos up so now I wait patiently.

namco51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did TNT actually happen last night? I joined up on the /chat page and hit play and got nothin'. I was thinking that maybe it didn't happen at all, but I guess I'll chalk it up to firewall issues at work that prevented me from joining the feed.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SomberOwl

So I was disappointed it wasn't up when I got on this morning, but then I realized I had three other videos to watch. I've now watched those and now I'm waiting for the archive. I hope it comes soon.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20  Edited By Castiel

Oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi

namco51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By namco51
SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

RIGHT!?

It's not super unusual for the archives to take so long. Usually happens when the initial recording gets corrupted somehow and they have to do it from one of the backups.

Plus Drew is out in Reykjavik, so Vinny is the lone video guy at the office. So it might tale a little while. There is always the twitch.tv archive if you're that desperate to watch it. That's what I did this morning.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That... was possibly the best TNT i have ever seen

Backed. So so good and interesting and good.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I pretty much felt the same way when I came home from work last night. Then I remembered that it used to take up nearly the entire weekend to put TNT videos up so now I wait patiently.

@mattyftm said:

It's not super unusual for the archives to take so long. Usually happens when the initial recording gets corrupted somehow and they have to do it from one of the backups.

Plus Drew is out in Reykjavik, so Vinny is the lone video guy at the office. So it might tale a little while. There is always the twitch.tv archive if you're that desperate to watch it. That's what I did this morning.

Oh, I'm fully aware of their live video workflow, it's just that it is super usual for this stuff to not be up super soon these days (these days being from about 2012 onwards). From memory, it's been years since the last TNT didn't get put up on the site before I got home from work the following day (I'm UK-based, so I'm waaay ahead in sexy future time). I do also know about this hot new thing called Twitch.tv, I was just commenting on this event being out of the ordinary.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thekitkatshuffler
thekitkatshuffler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's up - http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/subscriber/

Nixon34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killacam: Now you just being mean to those of us who didn't see it, i anxiously await the opportunity to download it to my tablet and then not have time to watch it till Tuesday or Wednesday when i realize i haven't watch it!