• 79 results
super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By super2j

So I came across some youtube guys who play games and talk the funny. It gave me a hardcore Jeff and Ryan vibe to it all. The references that they make are very close to home including things like "mummies alive", "reboot", various notable anime and all the videogames. These guys seriously give me the vibe that drew me to love giantbomb so much. So, I wanted to share them with you guys. I waited until now because i was unsure if me posting this here would look like spam or something but then i said fuck it, this must be shared.

So they have two pages (i am aware of). I suggest starting with their machinima page and then going to the other one, which has so much more.

my favourite one by them

(their most recent example (it really kicks off at 4:24 if you wanna get to it.)

http://www.youtube.com/show/twobestfriendsplay

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSw1tcher

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Rainbowkisses

I enjoy Two Best Friends Play. I don't care what Chip and Ironicus say.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By super2j

@Rainbowkisses said:

I enjoy Two Best Friends Play. I don't care what Chip and Ironicus say.

I am not deep enough into their stuff to get what you mean...

I am watching their heavy rain play thru and its hilarious when they do their french accents.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Yeah I think they're pretty good. Those guys are also clearly giantbomb fans because they've made a couple of references.

JunkHype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JunkHype

I enjoy a lot of their stuff, one of my favorites is their Man VS. Wild video.

Also they seem to be fans of the site since they mention it in a few videos.

serpentenema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By serpentenema

@Rainbowkisses: Same. But I love chip and ironicus

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rainbowkisses

@super2j: Two let's player did a retsupurae (or riff) on one of their videos and talked about how stupid it was. I would post it but it no longer exists.

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

I always liked their content the playthroughs they've are pretty funny and even a tiny bit informative. but one negative thing I'll say is the Far cry 3 video was TERRIBLE.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nottle

They are pretty funny. Some of their reoccurring jokes get old, but I enjoy them. I just watched like 6 of their video today.

I like them more on their thesw3tcher channel. They aren't in "character" there.

ALSO WOOLIE.

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SuperWristBands

Yeah, Two Best Friends are great. They are my favourite "talk over video games" people. Can't forget Woolie either.

I'm eagerly waiting for them to finish Eternal Darkness. That game does not look like a fun game. Neat idea, and I love H.P. Lovecraft but that game does not look fun to play.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Is that the guy that does the Walken impressions, sounds just like him.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CaptainCody

It ain't no Game Grumps.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By wrighteous86

In the first minute of that Way of the Samurai video, I heard constant broken references to internet memes and pop culture, and one of them said "babby". I think I've seen enough.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

That was hilarious

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By mesoian

@super2j: 2 Best Friends is pretty great. One of the few Youtube groups that does daily content that is consistently entertaining to watch.

@Wrighteous86: The way of the samurai stuff isn't the best, mostly because that game is so batshit insane on it's own. I urge anyone who is looking for something new to watch/get into 2 Best Friends play to watch this.

Spoilers obviously, but what I thought was going to be another short bitch session about why Team Ninja sucks turned out to be a pretty well thoughtout and interesting interpretation of the Metroid series in general (and was a bitch fest about why Team Ninja sucks).

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

@Mesoian: yeah that series was a treat.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Akyho

I need to give them a chance, however I am more invested in Egoraptor flash animator (Metal Gear Awesome, sequelitis and such) and Jontron of the Jontron show.

3.00 for a great recent part.

Since Egoraptor is always wishing to get into the games industry he likes to analysis game design E.G Sequelitis series, so he lays down alot of titbits of info on game design. Also I like their personalities and humor.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Green_Incarnate

I get the feeling that they're giantbomb fans.

Moth_Pope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Moth_Pope

I can't quite remember which video it was that originally got me into them but I've been a fan for a while now. The WWE All-Stars episode is one I go back to a lot. The Macho Man impression is amazing! I agree there's a bit of a raw original GB vibe to these guys while still remaining completely original.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NMC2008

I recently got into these guys too, they are amazing.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mesoian

@Akyho said:

I need to give them a chance, however I am more invested in Egoraptor flash animator (Metal Gear Awesome, sequelitis and such) and Jontron of the Jontron show.

Since Egoraptor is always wishing to get into the games industry he likes to analysis game design E.G Sequelitis series, so he lays down alot of titbits of info on game design. Also I like their personalities and humor.

That's why I started watching game grumps.

But watching most of game grumps has shown me that neither jonTron nor Egoraptor, know very much about video games at all.

Man, grumps is hard to watch like...70% of the time.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@Green_Incarnate said:

I get the feeling that they're giantbomb fans.

They referenced the rider meet horse horse meet rider thing way back in the day. I'm not sure if that counts as a reference since it's in the game but they said it like Ryan and Jeff if that makes any sense.

I enjoy two best friends play to a degree, but sometimes it feels like I need a break from their videos. I really enjoyed the videos where they played siren blood curse and way of the samurai though, pretty funny stuff.

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SuperWristBands

@Mesoian: I think Arin knows what he likes in games and can explain it pretty well on the spot. Jon on the other hand... I do not think that guy knows anything about game design. I find his personality to be very humourous though and so I don't mind it when it is an off hand reference that he can't substantiate but when they go into episode long discussion it is usually pretty boring.

Still though, that doesn't happen that often and so I say Game Grumps are great too (I tend to watch their content daily and was totally sad when they would only put out one episode a day for a little while)

@Mrsignerman44: Pat talks about Giantbomb a few times in (I think two) of the later Eternal Darkness episodes.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@SuperWristBands: Ah okay, knew they were fans of Giantbomb hahaha

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By super2j

@SuperWristBands said:

Yeah, Two Best Friends are great. They are my favourite "talk over video games" people. Can't forget Woolie either.

I'm eagerly waiting for them to finish Eternal Darkness. That game does not look like a fun game. Neat idea, and I love H.P. Lovecraft but that game does not look fun to play.

they just finished it today. the final episode is up.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By super2j

@CaptainCody said:

It ain't no Game Grumps.

I found game grumps a couple months ago and am in love with their sonic 06 series, the part where jon breaks down laughing at sonic riding the whale holds a special place in my heart but I think best friends take it. Its just that good.

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

I laughed so hard at this.

@Mesoian: After just finishing the eternal darkness and way of samurai and working my way thru heavy rain, I think i will watch that next. Btw, I found out about these guys like a week ago.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By happenstance

I tried watching some of their stuff as my friend is always going on about them but just didnt find them funny at all.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Weird, I've recently become quite fond of them as well.

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Azurath

Jon and Ego are both really pretentious and annoying. Ego thinks he is this game design know-it-all, when he basically just says the same lame shit about every game he plays. Jon, like everyone else says, can barely formulate a sentence, and sucks Arin's dick all the time. I used to obsess over them, and two best friends play, and Yogscast, but then I found Giant Bomb. I sometimes ask myself "What the fuck was I doing?" when I think back to how much time I spent watching them....

I actually still like TBFP, but SO many of their jokes have gotten stale.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By evanbower

Made it about two minutes into the Playstation All-Stars one... and, man, that was tough to watch.

Guys, can we never complain about Patrick again?

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KittyVonDoom

Their Sleeping Dogs video was what encouraged me to buy that game!

99% of YouTube celebrities are the worst - all seemingly catering to obnoxious kids via acting angry, cursing wildly, in between regurgitating memes. I'm not saying 2BFP is high brow entertainment, it's more that it feels like unintentional satire on this video game culture. As a lot of people have mentioned, it reminds me a lot of the classic GB Quick Looks, back before everyone got jaded.

I also remember having an old YT account that was subscribed to The Switcher's old channel for his Street Fighter Stupidity cartoon montages. I miss those.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By fattony12000

@SuperWristBands: They did finish it, yesterday, in fact!

Someone has already told you this!

VIDEO GAME?

The game is fun to play.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mesoian

@SuperWristBands said:

@Mesoian: I think Arin knows what he likes in games and can explain it pretty well on the spot. Jon on the other hand... I do not think that guy knows anything about game design. I find his personality to be very humourous though and so I don't mind it when it is an off hand reference that he can't substantiate but when they go into episode long discussion it is usually pretty boring.

Still though, that doesn't happen that often and so I say Game Grumps are great too (I tend to watch their content daily and was totally sad when they would only put out one episode a day for a little while)

@Mrsignerman44: Pat talks about Giantbomb a few times in (I think two) of the later Eternal Darkness episodes.

There are a lot of moments, specifically centering around Ego's knowledge of the genesis, where he will say things which are factually incorrect. It was pretty alarming and somewhat dismaying to hear this voice who I had previously held pretty high standards when it comes to knowledge of video games and video game history just...consistently being wrong again and again.

I said this on NeoGAF in the grumps thread, but Game Grumps is probably the most damning thing that those two could have possibly done, because it reveals just how ignorant about the industry they truly are. It means more for Ego since he was planning on doing an animation series that focused on why video games are the way they are and why they should be better. It humanizes them in the worst way possible.

@evanbower said:

Made it about two minutes into the Playstation All-Stars one... and, man, that was tough to watch.

Guys, can we never complain about Patrick again?

It gets better once Wooly and Liam show up. Skip to about 6 minutes in.

SlapHappyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SlapHappyJesus

Their videos are always entertaining.

Resident Evil 4 and Deadly Premonition are my personal favorites.

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By linkster7

One of those dudes sound just like Nick from New Girl

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Shortbreadtom

The best was in their Chrono Trigger playthrough. Pat cast the wrong spell and actually said he was "Vinny Caravella-ing it up".

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Petiew

Their Playstation All Stars video wasn't that great, the Harry Potter Kinect from a couple of weeks back is hillarious though.
They do a lot of other features as well, Scrublords and Super Best Friends Brawl are a couple of my favourites.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Deusx

They are great, I agree. It's like Game Grumps without the filler.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By hockeymask27

Ya there great and gb fans to boot. Also the one version of the theme song with lyrics is addicting.(Yes I know its from kirby). Also them playing Heavy Rain was the best.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#40  Edited By Video_Game_King

Has anybody posted the Xbox Live Indie Arcade stuff? It's the closest we'll get to a sequel of the same thing on Giant Bomb.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JayEH

I love watching their "Let's Watch" of the MGS4 cutscenes

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By superfriend

Yeah, I love it when Jeff makes all those notable anime references. It´s really why I come to this site.

In all seriousness, these videos show that a good chemistry between two presenters/hosts beats a good "script" 90% of the time.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#43  Edited By Kidavenger

I could only stand the samurai one for a few minutes before I had to shut it off.

The whole thing came off like they were reading forum posts about a stupid game.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Nux

I've been watching them for a while. They are really awesome. Their lets plays are the best lets plays on youtube in my opinion.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Giefcookie

I like their one off episodes, but the full playthroughs aren't as good.

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By D0tti
@CaptainCody said:

It ain't no Game Grumps.

This
CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CaptainCody

@super2j said:

@CaptainCody said:

It ain't no Game Grumps.

I found game grumps a couple months ago and am in love with their sonic 06 series, the part where jon breaks down laughing at sonic riding the whale holds a special place in my heart but I think best friends take it. Its just that good.

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

I laughed so hard at this.

@Mesoian: After just finishing the eternal darkness and way of samurai and working my way thru heavy rain, I think i will watch that next. Btw, I found out about these guys like a week ago.

I feel like I enjoy Game Grumps a lot in part because I've been following Jon and Aaron since both their starts, I'm not sure of who these dudes really are but I caught one of their Scribblenauts videos some time ago and it was fucking funny. I'll probably look into them a little more when I have free time.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By Vonocourt

I really enjoy Two Best Friends, more so their Let's Plays and Best Friends Brawl because their more off the cuff than their Machinima videos. I still enjoy them, but since they're playing characters(less so than they used to,) and it's edited to be constant humor it can get grading since a lot of it is yelling. The other videos have a more natural ebb and flow to them.

@Akyho said:

I can't stand Game Grumps because of Jontron. His personality and vocal inflections are just so loud and abrasive, yet he doesn't end up saying much of anything. So much coughing too.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49  Edited By wrighteous86

First a couple of people list Hizang as one of their favorite users and now this. Guys, I don't understand the Giant Bomb community anymore.

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Slab64

Yogscast or GTFO