#1 Posted by Haze (368 posts) -

While its really great that all of GBs video content is being posted on youtube it might have been worth doing it in stages! The massive influx of videos has rendered my youtube subscription pages completely unusable. There is nothing but pages and pages of giantbomb content to the point that no other videos seem to be getting through and on the youtube front page no subscription videos are showing at all apart from one solitary Vlog.

Anyone else seeing the same thing? I've unsubscribed for now and am waiting for the videos to disappear from my feed.

#2 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

@Haze said:

There is nothing but pages and pages of giantbomb content to the point that no other videos seem to be getting through

I see nothing wrong with this.

#3 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

yeah, same ... but i'd rather they just dump it all now rather than piece-meal like you said. get it out of the way.

also, have no idea if any intern videos have gone up on that channel in the last few days, which is a shame because i've been enjoying them all.

#4 Posted by Haze (368 posts) -

@benjaebe: Well it is nice to see GB content on there but youtube can't seem to handle the sheer volume of it!

#5 Posted by crusader8463 (14414 posts) -

I unsubscribed awhile back because it was always filling that up as well, but back then it was just pointless/terrible intern content. Try unsubbing for a few weeks to let them get most of it up, then resub after? The thing I find funny about this switch to you tube is that now non subscribers can download all their videos again, so that takes away one feature for the goldies.

#6 Posted by Rapid (1347 posts) -

Can't handle the content, don't eat. 

You could always just go to the individual subscriptions and check out what's new there. 

#7 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
@Haze It's part of Dave's master plan.
#8 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Videos are finally playing consistently! Huzzah!

#9 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

@benjaebe said:

@Haze said:

There is nothing but pages and pages of giantbomb content to the point that no other videos seem to be getting through

I see nothing wrong with this.

OP should take note of this users fine example and follow it. You can never have too much GB content!

In all seriousness though give it a day or two and you'll find everything goes back to normal :)

#10 Posted by BlinkyTM (1054 posts) -

I don't mind, I just click on the channels I want to see. I don't usually look at all the new videos together :P

#11 Posted by TekZero (2664 posts) -

I never subscribe to anything on youtube. Hell, I barely even use the front page. I just go through google chrome.

#12 Posted by Legend (2652 posts) -

They could've set newly uploaded videos to not publish, or made a video to warn subscribers before they did this. Sadly, they didn't think this one through.

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36048 posts) -

Wait, what channel is this? The one that I can subscribe to from the site itself? Or is that just the intern one?

#14 Edited by n8 (264 posts) -

I also unsubbed. Let me know when things are back to normal. Sub-box spam is not something I can live with, especially when its with 1+ year old content that I've already seen.

#15 Posted by TMThomsen (2070 posts) -

@Haze said:

While its really great that all of GBs video content is being posted on youtube it might have been worth doing it in stages! The massive influx of videos has rendered my youtube subscription pages completely unusable. There is nothing but pages and pages of giantbomb content to the point that no other videos seem to be getting through and on the youtube front page no subscription videos are showing at all apart from one solitary Vlog.

Anyone else seeing the same thing? I've unsubscribed for now and am waiting for the videos to disappear from my feed.

My frontpage shows a maximum number of 4 videos from the same channel, so that not a problem at all.

#16 Posted by TMThomsen (2070 posts) -
#17 Posted by Peety (21 posts) -

@TMThomsen:

It doesn't matter how many it shows on the front page. Youtube is pushing out all other channels because of the mass video dumb.

I'm subscribed to a few people and only 1 or 2 other channels are showing versus 10+ normally.

#18 Posted by FujiSyusuke808 (23 posts) -

My Youtube front page has shown Giant Bomb's youtube channel at the top for awhile now. Since my front page lists subscribed channels from most recent to least, Giant Bomb is at the top with everyone else below, but still yet the videos from other channels show up below all the same.

I don't get the people suggesting others to unsub. I can see the videos of other subs show up just fine. I just hope someone gets to go in and throw some of these into playlists like the Endurance Run videos, maybe categorize Quick Looks by year of release.

#19 Posted by TMThomsen (2070 posts) -

@Peety: Yeah, but you must be talking about http://www.youtube.com/my_subscriptions?

I was referring to the "Subscriptions" tab on the front page where it shows a maximum of 4 videos from the same author.

#20 Posted by evilmax17 (55 posts) -

They should put the intern videos on another channel, they were already getting lost in the shuffle before this.

#21 Posted by probablytuna (3547 posts) -

I ain't complaining. I'm actually glad they uploaded all the Endurance Run videos on it so now I don't have to load it on the website (for some strange reason whenever I load videos from Giant Bomb all my other Internet activities comes to a halt and that only started happening this year).

#22 Posted by Haze (368 posts) -

@TMThomsen: Yep it was showing four videos from giantbomb but that was all it was showing (apart from the vlog). The point is because of what I'm assuming is a youtube bug the amount of content giantbomb was uploading was causing none of my other subscriptions to update. Or if they where that information wasn't being fed to the front page or http://www.youtube.com/my_subscriptions

#23 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Youtube has always been terrrible about that shit. Not really worth it to WM to do all that work I don't think.

#24 Posted by EmuLeader (558 posts) -

As multiple people have said, just use the "subscriptions" tab as your front page. Has max of 4 to 5 most recently uploaded videos and still shows all your other subscriptions in the same way. The GB channel will be at the top since it will probably be the most recently updated subscription, but it solves ALL of the problems you are describing. Super easy fix for anyone with this problem if you don't want to unsubscribe.

#25 Posted by MKHavoc (1306 posts) -

The only reason I subscribed to the youtube channel was so I wouldn't miss the office videos (Lemon Lens and Kessler Kam) but now there are so many videos that I can't even find those anymore. I've unsubscribed too.

#26 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@Rapid: Yo I'm hungry.
#27 Posted by Peety (21 posts) -

@EmuLeader:

Interesting it still works for you. It completely broke my subscriptions like the other people have said. if i click load more it doesn't load any more.

I unsubscribed from the GB channel and its still broke. Google chrome btw

#28 Posted by EmuLeader (558 posts) -

@Peety: I have Chrome as well. I wonder what the difference is, or if I'm just lucky? It really sucks then that is breaking so many people's YouTube pages. Sounds really annoying.

#29 Posted by TMThomsen (2070 posts) -

@Haze said:

@TMThomsen: Yep it was showing four videos from giantbomb but that was all it was showing (apart from the vlog). The point is because of what I'm assuming is a youtube bug the amount of content giantbomb was uploading was causing none of my other subscriptions to update. Or if they where that information wasn't being fed to the front page or http://www.youtube.com/my_subscriptions

You're absolutely right - I'm having the same problem now.

#30 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Wait, what channel is this? The one that I can subscribe to from the site itself? Or is that just the intern one?

Ethan finally found a use for all the interns, and that is getting them to post 3 years worth of video content onto youtube. That includes the Endurance Runs.

#31 Posted by MB (12020 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Ethan finally found a use for all the interns, and that is getting them to post 3 years worth of video content onto youtube. That includes the Endurance Runs.

This is the real reason for the higher number of interns this year. They're going to start dropping dead from exhaustion left and right, so reserves are needed. Ethan is a slave driver.

#32 Posted by Artemis_D (817 posts) -

I don't really care, though I'm not exactly much of a YouTube user. I'm pretty sure there's a way of filtering that content anyway, isn't there? When I go to my youtube subscriptions, I don't have any of these problems. It just gives me a list of the latest few videos uploaded by each up my subscriptions. If it's that big of an issue, it might be worth taking a look at your settings.

#33 Posted by Branthog (7342 posts) -

I didn't even realize this was going on. I was watching a video from October 25th about Crackdown 2 and I was about five minutes into it before I realized it was October 2010.

But, yes, they should definitely find a clever way to organize these. Either way, it's nice to have them on youtube and should go toward helping draw more visitors to GiantBomb. And, as we all know, youtube visitors are the best kind of new visitors to draw, because they're so reasonable and well spoken.