Valve, what are you doing?!

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By flaminghobo
Left 4 Dead has been out for less than a year, and you're already planning on making a sequel due out this November?
From the gameplay footage I've seen, this could've easily just been Downloadable Content, or a retail expansion. This is reminding me of Rainbow Six Vegas 2, which suffered from the very same problem, this being a fully priced game which could've been an expansion.
Also, the characters seem really unlikeable.. I'm hoping for a serious makeover of them all. (Except maybe the big fat black guy, he seems cool.)
What's with the lighting? I tried the commentary out for L4D, for the No Mercy campaign, and they always talked about the lighting how it needed to be used carefully. Whereas here in the gameplay, it's broad daylight and so the zombies just don't seem that much of a threat or scary anymore. (Especially how ridiculously easy the axe cut down those zombies)

Maybe I'm wrong and the game will turn out to be awesome, but I don't know.. I'm really unsure.
And this is the first time that I've been unsure about any Valve game.

What are your thoughts?

Also:
HURRY UP WITH EPISODE 3
Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

A ton of topics already on this subject.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish

I think the characters are fine, they fit the setting well.

I for one am glad Valve has decide to finally make what could amount to an annual series. They always take so long with their games when they have perfectly good concepts that could be expanded upon.

As for the lighting, I really don't think it matters. I've never met a person who was genuinely scared by L4D and I'm sure most people aren't. L4D isn't really a horror game, and I don't think it ever tries to be. It's more about building tension than a few cheap scares

I'd like to see everyone would have said if Portal 2 had come out the year after Portal. I bet the attitude towards it would have been a lot different.

If anything, be disappointed that it isn't Left 5 Dead.