Was anyone there for the Whiskey Media Happy Hour?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BonOrbitz

I loved how all of the WM properties crossed over on Fridays for a variety show. A community member by the name of Dr. Hans Reinhardt made this video so many years ago and I'm having trouble finding him on the site so I can credit him/her, but I think it's a great representation of The Whiskey Media Happy Hour. :)

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That show is one of the reasons why said "Okay, I'll give this website money" back when giving a website money seemed crazy.

Irishranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was peak Giant Bomb for me.

I would get home from work on Friday afternoon, crack a beer, and chill with the WMHR.

Back before the dark times.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been here since Arrow Pointing down. I was so into the site back then, watched everything. Whisky Media Happy Hour was the shit. I think i still have some of the old t shirts with the whisky media logo.

shorap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. Those Tested segments were almost always gold and the comic vine read alongs were pretty good too.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

They were basically The Avengers

Leopold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I remember them fondly.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

The whole Whiskey crew was very willing to try out new things every week back then. The early Happy Hours remain some of the best content that any of those duders has made since.

AngryHobo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in 13 or 14 when I started following the crew in the midst of Gerstmangate and didn't make an account to pay for premium until 2014 when I moved to a new city and had more free time alone than I ever had before. I still have such a massive backlog of premium content to keep me company as the site goes through these new changes. The comedy aspect in years gone by is phenomenal.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

The happy hour was so much fun, I was mostly there for thr Tested and Giant Bomb content though.

WulfBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@shorap said:

Yep. Those Tested segments were almost always gold and the comic vine read alongs were pretty good too.

Every now and then I think back to Alex's reading of the Wonder Woman script.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

In so many words: I sure was.

personz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Ya, its the main reason I got premium back in the day. Loved that show. Used to dig Will & Norm bringing out random stuff.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion, Whiskey Media Happy Hour worked because of Ryan Davis. The man was the ultimate host. He knew how to keep things rolling and work with each crew to make their segments more entertaining. He also touched Rorie’s hand a lot.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

I watched every one.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishranger: same here. The happy hours were awesome. I also visited the site daily when there were quests. I enjoyed the scavenger hunt which lead to me spending hours exploring tags on the site.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishranger: same here. The happy hours were awesome. I also visited the site daily when there were quests. I enjoyed the scavenger hunt which lead to me spending hours exploring tags on the site.

MechaShadow84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Those were the days. I also remember The Big Live Live Show: Live.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Has...has the stream from hell disappeared from the internet? I feel like I never had trouble finding it and exposing new fans to its madness in the past, but I fear that the one hidden/unavailable video of my four liked videos on all of Youtube is the archive of that stream. In some ways I would totally get that video disappearing - the Jeff of that stream is almost entirely unrecognizable to the teetotaler of the modern age, but it's also such a specifically whimsical moment in Giant Bomb history at which Vinny was arguably at the peak of his Tricaster powers and the trio of Ryan, Jeff and Rorie were absolutely unwilling to be embarrassed of their words and deeds.

Hopefully someone still has this on them somewhere.

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's been a long road.....

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@nodima: A long time ago, I was able to find a Ustream archive of the stream from hell, but then that disappeared.

I've wanted to rewatch it for a while, too, if only for Ryan's drunken rant on the green screen about hating GE Smith while Vinny works his magic.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

@mechashadow84: That was so much fun, I remember the second stream to one of them, was a lot of fun seeing all the behind the scenes stuff.

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I watched Happy Hour religiously. I loved the whiskey media concept. That was a very fun period of the internet.

onkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

GiantBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Happy Hour was a JAM. Also Big Live Live show LIVE.

digthedoug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

You can go back all the way to where it began in all its production issue glory and then fast forward a few months till it really hits its stride.

Loading Video...