Welcome Back Dan Appreciation Thread

kieran_smith5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Just resubbed. Can we get a shout out to the new core crew as well. I love the direction!

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By big_denim

Some strong additions to the team. I love all those personalities. Now I'm just looking forward to the video game content again. Let's gooooo!

Also, now is the time to do a premium sale. Just saying... :P

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Biggest whiplash for me in probably my entire time on the site

“Jeff’s gone” = well this might be it for me

“Dan’s back and Grubb is gonna be more prominent” = oh hell yea,

Will follow Jeff wherever he goes though if he chooses to keep an online presence or join up with nextlander

Jared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Welcome back Dan! I didn't think anything could make me interested in renewing my premium membership but Dan's return does. Will see what happens. Also very excited about all the other new staff additions.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm just excited that the Jason and Dan bromance is back on. They've always seemed like such good friends since Game Informer.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By brian_

I can't think of four more terrifying words than "Creative Director Dan Ryckert". I hope Jason keeps that knife ready.

shamusisaninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been pretty optimistic about the new Giant Bomb since RV and even I felt it was over yesterday, they really need this announcement because at least for me this is the most excited I have been for Giant Bomb since the pandemic.

mono-no-aware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan coming back full-time is A) something I never thought would happen and B) possibly the only thing that could convince me that Giant Bomb was going to continue being Giant Bomb, instead of turning into something that might be good but would definitely be completely different.

Thank you, Dan, for many years of laughs going back to the Game Informer days, and here's to the future!

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

I can't believe Dan quit WWE to come back. He literally left here to pursue his dream job, basically started streaming immediately after and then bounced. Surreal turn of events.

Bring back Mahardy for Burgle My Bananas 2: Funky Boogaloo and I'll sign up for another year of premium.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited to see what they do. God can Dan annoy me but I don't think there's anyone better suited to injecting a bunch of fun and creativity to the site. The others are all gonna be great additions to the roster too.

Welcome everyone!

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Okay, sure, why not? Dan at the realms can definitely make things very...interesting again. The other new additions were obvious, but are no less appreciated.

I still kinda hate, the blog post from yesterday and how this was handled in general, but oh well.

Also any word yet on if Dan will still continue the Fire Escape Cast and the planned "Best Podcast ever" (occasionally) for Nextlander? That's a lot of podcasts for one guy.

shamusisaninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh: He said everything should stay the same his streams might get tweaked if he had something to do for GB but thats it.

oopprraahh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loved the video and super hyped at all new additions.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I didn’t realize it at the time, but I think Dan leaving was the biggest blow to content production this site received over the last 8 years. Having him come back to be a content director is really the best I could have expected in the announcement. I’m excited and terrified to see what he has planned.

(Shenmue 2 Endurance Run pls)

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

I'm still bummed Jeff is leaving, and I don't think it's okay that they are trying to gloss over that by hiring a bunch of people all at once after years of vacancies.

But I'm excited Dan is back.

shiyamiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I joined the site relatively recently (near Extra Life 2018) so most of my favorite shows were Dan led. Whether it was crazy like Burgle or straightforward like Goldeneye I just appreciate the energy he brought to games and creating discussions and content around them. I kept my sub because I believed in Jan but getting Dan back sealed it. I'm glad games will be back

fjor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff gone and Dan back...weird times

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan comes back and Giant Bombcast gets a wrestling heel style new version of the theme. Coincidence? I think not!

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danryckert Well done lad you sure kept that quiet.

Almost fell off my chair.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dan brought me to this site , i was ready to leave but Maybe he'll keep me here a bit longer

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By FacelessVixen

Well, my prediction of where GB is going just went from gloomy to fairly optimistic.

Welcome back Dan indeed, as well as the various shenanigans that are sure to come.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#22 FinalDasa  Moderator

Thinking about having to moderate another 4+ hour Mario Party Party steam.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@daavpuke said:

I can't believe Dan quit WWE to come back. He literally left here to pursue his dream job, basically started streaming immediately after and then bounced. Surreal turn of events.

Yeah that is weird. I still don't really know what he did at WWE. Not that it's any of my business. I just hope Fire Escape keeps going. It's probably my favourite podcast at this point. His enthusiasm is definitely welcome here.

renegade1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To reiterate on another thread, Dan needs strong characters to bounce off of. I'm not sure the new core has this

JordanaRama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegade1973: These are people, not characters.

but also yes, I think you will be surprised at Dan's ability to bounce off of people. It's already been proven with Bakalar, Grubb and Jason anyways. He's a wildly personable human, and can pretty much make anything work.

JediMasterLex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welcome back Dan!! Sad to see you go on your Twitch streams but you and Grubb Are reason I'll keep my premium going another year at least to see where things go. At least I'll still be able to support & watch Jeff G as well in his own thing.

JediMasterLex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jordanarama: true, Dans adaptability to a situation and ability to mesh with people is amazing. Its an awesome trait!!

Avatar image for insaneluchadoor
InsaneLuchadoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By InsaneLuchadoor

Dan is likely the only wild card who could have made me resub. Well done.

Edit- kind of forgot that fire escape exists. Glad it’ll still exist for people who like it, but it wasn’t really my cup of tea.

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

If today's Bombcast were any longer Dan would've been the first person to die of a Sprite overdose. On his first day at work, no less.

blackadder88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By blackadder88

@brian_: Dan will probably bring a bats and Mario Nightmare party 50 turns

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been watching his stream for like 8 months and he’s truly got some great ideas and energy. Very excited.

beggary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: he said a few times today (mostly on his own stream) that he wasn’t allowed to do what he wanted by WWE. I guess he pitched a bunch of “Dan ideas” and was rejected over and over. It wasn’t the wrestlers but the higher ups, even referring to the “old guy.” (Wonder who that could be?) It might not have been the dream job he thought it was, sadly.

beggary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is a link to the thread with everything Dan said on stream about WWE: https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1534347082328252416 Lots of "hot goss."

Avatar image for honeymustardman
HoneyMustardMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan's floating head saying fuck that in reference to the wwe made me laugh so hard.