What are you looking for in Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2

kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kenya24
  1. Don't take away any of the current weapons. I am very familiar with almost all the weapons in COD4. I know what they are, how to use them correctly, and I have my preferences. Rather than tweak the current weapons or remove them all together, just make sure any new weapons fit in the current selection.
  2. Allow another perk and/or split some apart to allow a fourth. I understand that splitting the perks into their groups allows for balance (for instance, stopping power and juggernaught being the same perk class, which I agree with). But I fail to understand why putting a grip on a RPD takes away Perk level 1 that has Grenade x3. Or why Matrydom removes the possibility of Deep Impact. I'd like to have a fouth perk option so that players are more customizable. Most people play with a small group of perks.
  3. Slower knifing when being shot. This is something that drives me nuts. You pop around a corner and you start shooting somebody. You're already hitting them. Then they knife you like you aren't filling them with lead already. They should still be able to knife, but the action has to be slower. You have to give the advantage to the person who deals damage first. I can't imagine it would be easy to pull out a knife after taking your hand off your gun then actually knifing someone when you're being hit with bullets.
  4. Include the old mp levels. Please take the Rockband 2 model. You paid for the variety pack, you have the original disc, let us keep playing those maps. I'm happy with COD4, but I want more maps. If you're going to make me buy another $60 game, let me keep those levels and ease the learning curve for the new game.
  5. Add some options for beginners. It is very hard for beginners to get the feel for the game when they're getting sniped by a level 55 that they didn't even know was there. If there was a beginner playlist, or "similar skill only" playlist (like Halo 2/3), this would allow beginners to learn the maps and have a chance against the other players. It's pretty much common for new players to score 1 kill and 15 deaths for their first 100 games (at least). More people will play it if they can learn it at a reasonable pace.
  6. Spawn position tweaking. The spawning in COD4 was good, but it can be exploited by a knowledgeable team. Probably everyone's played a game on Downpour where your team was either annihilated, or was annihilating. With little cover on the lower side of the map from helicopters, if the killing team keeps their distance just enough, it's like shooting fish in a barrel. The other team really has no chance. Also, sometimes when you're killed, you get spawned so far on the other side of the map it takes to forever just to get back to the action, only to be sniped just as you get there to start the process over again. And occasionally, you'll spawn right behind the person that killed you for an easy kill.
  7. Seemingly strange hit detection at times. Sometimes, and I'm not the only person who's noticed this, your bullets seem to be doing nothing. I've had many times where I'm playing well, leading the team in kills, then all of a sudden in the next game I can't kill anyone. I'm shooting them, the "x" that appears when you're making contact is there, but you're dying everytime. It really feels like you're shooting blanks. I suppose it could be a connection issue, but it's like night and day from one game to the next. I've certainly played the game enough to know when I'm playing well, and to know how things react, and when this happens it feels like you had no chance at all.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By StaticFalconar

Sounds like you want an expansion pack with rebalancing, and not a sequel.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Drebin_893

I agree with the things you've said, but I agree with StaticFalconar.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Fosssil
kenya24 said:
"1. Slower knifing when being shot. This is something that drives me nuts. You pop around a corner and you start shooting somebody. You're already hitting them. Then they knife you like you aren't filling them with lead already. They should still be able to knife, but the action has to be slower. You have to give the advantage to the person who deals damage first. I can't imagine it would be easy to pull out a knife after taking your hand off your gun then actually knifing someone when you're being hit with bullets.

2. Add some options for beginners. It is very hard for beginners to get the feel for the game when they're getting sniped by a level 55 that they didn't even know was there. If there was a beginner playlist, or "similar skill only" playlist (like Halo 2/3), this would allow beginners to learn the maps and have a chance against the other players. It's pretty much common for new players to score 1 kill and 15 deaths for their first 100 games (at least). More people will play it if they can learn it at a reasonable pace. "
1. Totally agree on that one. Even though I'm usually the one pulling off the clutch knife stab against a shooting opponent, I've been on the other side of such an encounter and it's pretty frustrating.

2. CoD: WaW did something similar to this, with a "Basic Training" playlist that became unavailable to players after they passed level 8 on their first prestige. As for a "similar skill only" playlist, those already exist in CoD4, as they use an invisible True Skill rank in each of the playlists to help determine matches.
kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kenya24
StaticFalconar said:
"Sounds like you want an expansion pack with rebalancing, and not a sequel."

Yeah, that's absolutely true, and I know it. Rebalancing is a strong word, more like minor behavior tweaks. But since they were not releasing new maps after the variety pack, I realized I'd have to settle on an entirely new release. Plus a new release will get more people playing online again due to all the marketing etc. Not that there's not enough to play good games, but more is always better.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Karmum

Longer singleplayer, and fix the multiplayer problems from the original Modern Warfare.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By daniel_beck_90
StaticFalconar said:
  agreed
Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vlademir

Co-op
Longer Story
Better Textures
Dogs in MP (or bears!)
Another amazing campaign like COD4
More people in certain MP games
Same multiplayer level system w/ weapon upgrades for MP
More weapon upgrades (bigger clip...etc)

That's all I can think of right now.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By kush

I want a much deeper and engaging SP campaign, bigger MP maps (with more players), and "real" co-op. Co-op and a longer story are the most important to me...and I want a real sequel, not a glorified expansion-pack.

elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By elbow

Call of Duty has joined the ranks of Guitar Hero as franchises that were once fun to play but have been mercilessly slaughtered to death by Activision. It's extremely sad, and rather disgusting how greedy they are, everything that turns to gold for them, they have to immidiately split the nutrients of it until there is nothing left.

I thought EA was pretty bad with it's sports games and Need For Speed series, but at least they attempt to put out new IPs, while Activision cancels everything and continues to rape the life out everything that was once good.

darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By darthzew

Better sound effects for the guns. The silenced ones aren't bad but the others are too quiet and sound like tapping. I'd like a bit more realism on the guns too... like when you reload mid-clip you get the advantage of the bullet still in the chamber. I was kind of hoping Modern Warfare was going to be a lot more realistic than it ended up and I'd still like to see that. 

More guns would be nice too. 

Beyond that... A longer campaign. 
kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kenya24
darthzew said:
"Better sound effects for the guns. The silenced ones aren't bad but the others are too quiet and sound like tapping. I'd like a bit more realism on the guns too... like when you reload mid-clip you get the advantage of the bullet still in the chamber. I was kind of hoping Modern Warfare was going to be a lot more realistic than it ended up and I'd still like to see that. 

"
I don't know a lot about firearms but most of the guns in COD4 actually get a reload time decrease for clips that aren't empty. Is that what you mean?
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TwoOneFive
StaticFalconar said:
yea thats totally what i got. 
i'm rooting for a whole new experience. i'm growing tired of the system in place right now, maybe they've come up with a new and better one. and WaW did nothing for that. 

i want way better graphics than WaW, and even better and more immersive story. 
All kinds of new weapons would be cool. 
i'll probably be totally happy with whatever they come up with. I'm not gonna sit her acting like the new one needs major changes, but whatever they do, i'm sure it will kick ass. just as long as the improve the graphics a lot i'd be totally impressed. its too bad i'll be in the air force by then though. So its Killzone 2 for me for like 2 months and then i'm gone
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#14  Edited By Vinchenzo

As long as it isn't made by Treyarch, I think anything they change is good. (Yes, I know it isn't being made by Treyarch.)

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crunchUK

wow holy fuck you'd buy a new game just for that?????

personally i want a new game built from scratch. the cod formula is just so old and overused now - no matter how much you attempt to make it interesting and different with perks and new weapons

darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By darthzew
kenya24 said:
"darthzew said:
"Better sound effects for the guns. The silenced ones aren't bad but the others are too quiet and sound like tapping. I'd like a bit more realism on the guns too... like when you reload mid-clip you get the advantage of the bullet still in the chamber. I was kind of hoping Modern Warfare was going to be a lot more realistic than it ended up and I'd still like to see that. 

"
I don't know a lot about firearms but most of the guns in COD4 actually get a reload time decrease for clips that aren't empty. Is that what you mean?"
It's like this, there's thirty rounds in your normal assault rifle clip. You load your gun and when you cock the gun, you're doing two things: readying the bolt and loading a round into the chamber. By chambering a round, you're taking one out of the magazine. So, if you took out the magazine it would have 29 rounds in it. You could load another bullet into the magazine and if you did that then put it into the gun again, you'd have 31 rounds. It's not that big of a deal for assault rifles and SMGs, but for pistols (especially the M1911A1 and the Desert Eagle) it's worth it. 
Other games have incorporated this before, like Rainbow Six Vegas and its sequel. But I'd rather them fix the sound effects then give us one extra bullet. But both is great.   
Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Psynapse
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I wouldn't ever pay another 60 bones and not even 40 for what you mentioned there. I mean you can only make a game so many times with the same system and gameplay. 

Either they go super science fiction crazy with it, new everything and most important a longer and better single player campaign. 
vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vivek

I think a gun game mode would be perfect for COD:4 MW and think it'd go great in an update. You start with the worst weapons, starting at pistols and work your way up to the best guns, fianlly having the last weapon being knives. 3 kills per weapon to upgrade and deathmatch settings would be ace.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kmdrkul

I actually want the exact opposite of you in most cases.  I don't want the old guns and levels to come back, and I think three perks is just right. 

I'd like more variety in levels- IE levels that are not ripped from the singleplayer and reworked...

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By keyhunter

Vehicles and explode able buildings.

John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By John

IW can go remake there modern warfare if they want to a million times. I'm gonna stick with WaW. I hate sequels.

darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By darthzew
John said:
"IW can go remake there modern warfare if they want to a million times. I'm gonna stick with WaW. I hate sequels."
What? Why? So instead of a sequel you'd rather have a game that is pretty much a money-sap of modern warfare? I might agree with you about sequels, but WaW is worse than a sequel. 
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By StaticFalconar
Psynapse said:
"

Yeah bud, this is stuff that you would want for an update to CoD4, not a new game...

You are the type of person that would complain when somethin so little is changed in a game. When Gears2 came out so many people like you complained about little changes to stopping power, power of the shotgun, chainsaw etc... Its a sequal, its meant to be different, offer different types of gameplay... Whatever they release you will get used to again just like you got used to CoD4.

When you played CoD4 for the first time, did you relate it to CoD3 (yes i know, diff timelines) and the game mechanics from that? I doubt you did..

"
Ironic since i feel they didn't change enough in Gears 2 and I felt I played an expansion pack. An expansion pack that I would happily pay 60 bucks for btw.
bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bjorno

shooting people

TommyG30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TommyG30

i think that we should be aloud to make are own MP player like an avatar and stuff also more guns!!