What are you working on?

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

So was sitting in my family room working on my game project, and the idea came across my mind to ask you duders if you have any game projects you are willing to talk about. I hope this isn't an incredibly common topic, but I thought it would be cool to see/hear about the kind of games/game related content, if any, the GB community is making.

I'm making an unabashed Fallout 1/2 clone that, at this moment, only consists of an embarrassingly simple hexagonal grid system. I haven't yet figured out the story or setting, and I have no ideas as to my project's scope, but my dream is to sell it somehow, someday. In the short term, I plan on making a blog about it when it starts to look in anyway notable. I'd post pictures in this thread, but it wouldn't be that interesting.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

僕の日本語?

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Working packing my things, putting notice out that my address is going to be changing next month, and studying for another endorsement on my license.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mikeeegeee

Well, not game related, but I've been working on a painting for a year and a half. Hope to be done in under two years...

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, not game related, but I've been working on a painting for a year and a half. Hope to be done in under two years...

Does a painting really take that long? #iamuninformed

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#7  Edited By bobafettjm

I've been working on trying to fill out the Giant Bomb wiki if that counts?

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been working on trying to fill out the Giant Bomb wiki if that counts?

It only counts if you give more info. What games, dawg?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I've been working on building up my newest Warframe.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

I guess you can say he's like the Isaac Clark Warframe, he's got the tools you need. Giving off his tactical smoothness to protect his comrades. He is fucking great for defense missions.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: I'm not really familiar with Warframe. Explain this to me. I assume it's not just a character class.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@slaps2 said:

@falserelic: I'm not really familiar with Warframe. Explain this to me. I assume it's not just a character class.

Warframe is a free pc and ps4 game. It's kinda of a sequel to a game called Dark Sector that was released on 360 and ps3. The whole idea of Warframe is playing as space ninjas doing co-op missions. I wouldn't say the game is for everybody, but it can be alot of fun once you've upgrade your character. The game is still a beta, but it has been getting some aswome updates. For me I've already have all the trophies, but I still have alot of fun playing the game.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#15  Edited By Slag

@slaps2 said:

@slag said:

Trying to beat 100 games in a year

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/slag/lists/100n365/90117/

Don't think I'm going to do it, but I'm reasonably confident I can get close.

Play all the Call of Duty games. That's 10 relatively quick games right there. Is it cheating if the games are too short?

It's not cheating in my book!

I'd have to to own the CoD games first though or want to own them and I don't. But still it's a good idea.

I've got some Sierra Adventure games laying around (Police Quest, Space Quest etc) I've been meaning to get to. Many of those are pretty short as well.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

I finally bought Super Smash Bros. Brawl and my current project is to have as much fun as I can before the online component implodes (May 20).

And I am occasionally working on developing an unannounced Android app, and not to set expectations too high or anything but it's going to blow your goddamn mind.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Well, in addition to my games, I have a story that I'm writing. Or at least trying to. Work has been brutal for the past few months and has been sucking up a lot of that energy. I'm looking forward to the completion of the project I'm on at work so I can take a little time off and have some time for personal projects again.

Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

I know nothing about creating games, but I've been spending the last five years writing songs in the hopes of making an album.

Unfortunately, writing music for me is a process with so many stops and starts that I'm not much closer to having a full album's worth of songs than I was when I was sixteen. They're all just completely different songs now.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#19  Edited By SMTDante89

I'm trying to keep better track of what games I've finished or played enough to put down this year (I either tried to go by memory or was just too lazy to keep up with a list in previous years) It's a good way to see how much of my backlog I can finish this year and helps me to remember what 2014 games I've played this year when it's time to do a GOTY list in December.

Games I'm working on now:

Child of Light (PS4, Chapter 4)

Soulcalibur: Lost Swords (PS3, will likely try to get every trophy and put this one down since it seems like a fairly easy S-Rank)

Mercenary Kings (PS4, finished it about a week ago but now a friend and I are going to try to clear out the missions we skipped to finish the game)

Games I'm thinking about going back to (Backlog):

Tearaway (Vita) Bought it in December, played some of it, loved it, for some reason haven't gone back to it.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories HD (stuck on a boss fight and kind of lost interest)

Games Coming Out in May I May (ha) Buy:

Bound by Flame (PS4, still on the fence about it)

Drakengard 3 (PS3, really liked the franchise + Nier)

Always Sometimes Monsters (PC)

Transistor (PS4)

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Improving my drawing skills to finally start making animations (old school 2 d animation if you ask) and also thinking in stories all of the time , adding story bits and ideas to each of the films I hope to make one day yeah im working on around 10 stories ... each one with some added elements and ideas that I get relating to each one , altho I do need to write proper film scripts for each one of those :( , also I already have 2 whole scripts written down , but from time to time I think new elements for those too , so I need to rewrite them as well :/

Also I haave some musical compositions (aka some excuses for songs) that I wish one day to record an album , just for the kicks of it , but I need expert ears and help to make sure if they are any good whatsoever , granted Im hardly a musician and they could be terrible things that shouldnt exist. Some of those songs I´ve been working on them for more than a decade now.