What do you like about GB?

Ekami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So with the constantly evolving nature of the site, there have been a bunch of "WHAT GIANT BOMB IS DOING IS BAD" type threads which, although founded in genuine emotion and concern, end up being toxic and unhelpful. I think the real way to have your voice heard/affect change is let people know what you enjoy about something, so they know what's working and can build on that. An endless barrage of criticism about the work they do can wear people down, and we LIKE these people, so let them and the community know what brings you internet pleasure. EXAMPLE:

I like

• When Drew/Vinny morph an animated transition into a weird joke during live shows. Having fun with the editing and layout is super rad
  • Jar time videos, because it's great to get behind the scenes insight into a company like this from someone who built it from nothing
  • The live PAX shows. They are gifted at talking in front an audience and I wish they did more stuff like that
  • Learning about interesting smaller games from Patrick's Worth Playing
  • Mail bag videos. Its nice to see everyone just hanging out at their desks and getting cool stuff.
  • Talking to devs. These people are treasures, and with Giant Bomb NY expanding, I hope Alex and Vinny and get some cool people from that scene to hang out
cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It would be easier for me to say what I don't like.

I don't like wrestling so I don't listen to the wrestling podcast.

That's it. I like most everything else about this site haha- would take me to long to nail it down so everything everyone else says I will probably agree with. Except the wrestling podcast, but I just don't listen to it and all is well in the world.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It feels more comfortable here than any other game site.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#4 FinalDasa  Moderator

It calls me pretty and holds me real tight when we fall asleep together.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By alwaysbebombing

I get to be the little spoon.

But really, I like pretty much everything.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Postin' blogs and shit.

orlandodoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most things. I will say things seem to be getting increasingly sardonic, but I've always loved the site for its personal nature.

I've said it elsewhere, but this site is about people enjoying games more than it is about reviewing games. I enjoy when the dudes triumph, I'm happy for them and want them to be happy (like when Max was born for example). I've learned about so many neat little/old games as a result of the site, and it's fun to be along for the ride with them.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bigjeffrey
  • Dota 2 Coverage
  • Bombcast
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

My favorite thing is when people post dating advice topics.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

The crew, mainly the big long live shows are what originally hooked me like the SNES stream, Phantasmagoria RPCG and Fortune Street TNT.

I am excluding the Bombcast because that is what brought me to the site, but the crew and content has what kept me around, along with the community of course.

Ekami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: The classics will never die

Ekami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ekami

@nightriff: I hear you, another classic video game stream would go down reaaaalll niccceee

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Vinny.

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The people

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

The content is fun to watch/listen to. The crew is comprised of charismatic and fun personalities. The community, for the most part, is pretty great and there's a generally fun atmosphere around here.

Also, Vinny. Vinny's pretty awesome.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ares42

The thing that has always made GB stand out to me is that they just seem like a bunch of guys that enjoy videogames. There is no gimmick, no fake enthusiasum etc, just people talking about videogames in the same way I'd talk to my friends about videogames. And then on top of that the guys also know their shit and aren't just spouting nonsense. They also all have gaming interests I can relate to in some way or another. But ye, mostly it's the approach of not trying to seperate themselves from the audience, but rather make us feel like they're one of us.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Brendan

This is going to sound weird after the podcast yesterday featured a lot of talk about E3 maybe not being a big thing in the future, but...

My very favourite thing on GB is the giant batch of E3 podcasts/livestreams that they do once a year with a fuckton of developers and industry folk, infusing some of the best of their humour with the excitement of a bunch of new games, peppered with conversations we don't hear throughout the rest of the year or on any other site. Seriously, remember the back and forth between Jonathon Blow and Cliff B? One of many conversations couched in this giant get together that oozes awesomeness. I don't care if E3 becomes the most irrelevant expo in the history of human civilization, if it's the only place that content can happen I want the Bombers to be there.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornbredx: Here's the weird thing, I used to like wrestling a long time ago and I don't really like it now but I like listening to the guys on the Power Bombcast talk about wrestling.

Party

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the part where a bunch (preferably more than 2) of guys sit down and talk/crack wise about/over video games for a while. That's why I originally came to the site and that's why I'm still here. Here's hoping it stays that way.

RadixNegative2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@brendan said:

This is going to sound weird after the podcast yesterday featured a lot of talk about E3 maybe not being a big thing in the future, but...

My very favourite thing on GB is the giant batch of E3 podcasts/livestreams that they do once a year with a fuckton of developers and industry folk, infusing some of the best of their humour with the excitement of a bunch of new games, peppered with conversations we don't hear throughout the rest of the year or on any other site. Seriously, remember the back and forth between Jonathon Blow and Cliff B? One of many conversations couched in this giant get together that oozes awesomeness. I don't care if E3 becomes the most irrelevant expo in the history of human civilization, if it's the only place that content can happen I want the Bombers to be there.

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. The GDC streams are pretty great also. Speaking of Jonathon Blow I hope he can show up this E3 as well, he's always great on these streams.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#22  Edited By audioBusting

I like that they care about the games. It's the worst when someone has the on-screen personality but ignores or just shits on a game or the people who made it. It's great that they're trying to be as transparent as possible about everything they do too, and that they have a long behind-the-scenes reach.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The atmosphere.

So fresh...So clean.

behardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like most of the content they put up, but I hope we one day see more live audience shows.

Ekami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

POSITIVITY

CATCH IT!

Retromancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much anything they do. I don't watch the site like a hawk so I constantly have new videos that I haven't seen and most of the time don't even watch all the way through since they're usually over an hour. The idea of even more content with the expansion is exciting and also exhausting.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28 frobie  Staff

I like the community. I like that we can throw up new features on GB and get constructive feedback without the spammy "i hate this, change it back" messages on other sites. Also, love the video content and the live shows are hilarious.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

I like how all the core crew members are in a single office, able to do Bombcasts/Quick Looks/Live stuff with one another in a pretty casual but usually funny way.

Jeff's encyclopedic knowledge of games, Vinny's technical creativity, and Brad's willingness (courage?) to try competitive multiplayer are all part of why they work together so well at that location.

And Ryan was a great host, coordinator, and overall dude when he was around the site also. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention him.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That it's really cool and good.

mechahendrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The have the single greatest video game podcast today.

They are really funny most times.

They are informative and give perspectives that are not often seen.

The website has variety with a mix of indies, AAA, japanese and Drew covers a couple of sims.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly the tits

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how do you guys feel about video games and video game based coverage?

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When they do the Rifftrax version of videogames.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

• The Wrestling Thread
  • Community for the most part is more mature than any other gaming website
  • Staff is great and very trustworthy
  • Relationships the staff was made with developers give us great personalities that occasionally drop by
  • Doesn't take itself too seriously
  • Videos are top notch
Daiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Let's Plays. I've yet to find anyone I enjoy quite so much.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can say the words fuck, shit, and piss. Still can't say !#?! or #$! or ?!#$, but beggars can't be choosers.