What do you want? GTA6 or Red Dead Redemption 2(or prequel or whatever)?

• 76 results
UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

We all know both are coming relatively soon.

Which one do you want more? I really want a Red Dead Redemption, but I want it on PC. GTA6 will change lives, but I want a Red Dead first! Any thoughts?

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do we know they are coming soon? Even without the Benz?

Anyway I want Red Dead. GTAV is still recent enough and is still making money in the online mode, so it would be a bad idea to move people strait onto another GTA.

A current gen Red Dead game would be rad and people are rabid for it.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure where'd you pick the "relatively soon" from. Or well, maybe in the case of RDR if any of the rumours are true, but GTA IV and V almost had five and half years between them, I'm kinda expecting at least four between V and VI.

In any case, I'd rather pick a new GTA. RDR never felt that great to me in terms of gameplay and I remember the performance was pretty bad on PS3, coming from a guy who rarely has a problem with that.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM

Both sound good. Red Dead Redemption turned out to not only be my favorite open world game at the time (now arguably so), but one of my favorite games ever. Talking less about the older GTA's, and more about the last one that was out, I didn't love five on the 360; I thought it was superb, but lacked some aspects I would have really wanted, and felt it was worse off than Red Dead Redemption. With the remaster though, it pretty much changed that, and it turned out to again, be one of my favorite open world games to date. Red Dead Redemption; GTA5 remaster, and the Witcher 3 are my favorite open worlds. That said, I would probably like to see a new Red Dead Redemption, though I don't really know where they'd go with it compared to GTA, where they could bring back some of the beloved settings onto current-gen, like Vice City. Something that I think will be unlikely on current tech consoles, but I would love, is to see the expansion of the environmental detail. Not necessarily in size, but being able to walk into every building, and every room of that building. Also, I agree that we won't see a GTA soon, other than maybe the unannounced story DLC for five.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I bet neither comes relatively soon.

I'd honestly be surprised if they make another Red Dead. People love that game, I know, but it's my understanding that the people involved in making it were maybe not so hot on the game. Popular rumor is that the game's code is a mess, the game shouldn't even run at all, let alone run as well as it does, which is also at least part of the reason why it never appeared on PC and more than likely won't. I'd like to eat my words, but I don't see it happening.

We'll get another Grand Theft Auto game but anytime soon? Nah. GTA IV came out in 2008 and it was 5 years before we saw its sequel. It hasn't quite been three since GTA V came out and that game's still raking in money.

I actually kinda hope Rockstar is working on something else.

MarkkuBolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been waiting for that new Red Dead game ever since I finished it, I'd love to see some more... Maybe GTA should rest for a while! And besides, how can you come up with characters as lovable as Trevor?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually kinda hope Rockstar is working on something else.

So you're saying that the OP should've also included Agent as one of the games?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Manhunt 3. (only half-joking)

I didn't care for RDR, so GTA6. I'd certainly give a new RDR a shot, though... I really *wanted* to like it.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

I'd settle for Red Dead Redemption coming to PC. Which is never going to happen. But boy, I can dream, can't I?
Also, I would rather have them make some smaller weird GTA project that a fully formed GTAVI. Remake the very first Grand Theft Auto with modern graphics or something. Make it play like the new ones, but keep the weird mission and point system to beat each level. Maybe add a save function just to make the last level not take hours to finish.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

RDR and GTA5 are basically on opposite sides of my fun meter so I'd definitely take GTA6.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

less swearing. Women actually as real characters. better design. less agressive AI.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would take a new Red Dead over GTA any day.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By newmoneytrash

Red Dead

GTA is always like a fun showpiece, but i've never really cared all that much about the stories or characters

I like Ryder as much as the next guy, but the characters and the story and the setting in RDR are all infinitely more interesting to me

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Zevvion

GTAVI. Because Red Dead Redemption was a bad videogame. I'm a gameplay over story/immersiveness type of gamer and it played like garbage. It honestly had the worst feel to the shooting and movement during combat that I can remember.

@crithon Eh... I remember that discussion on Gamespot. It felt really awkward to me. Yes, of course women in real life are not like that, but I don't think every man is a psycho killer either. They should keep writing as they do, or change all of it. Not looney-tune male characters but realistic female characters.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Red Dead please. Everything about that game was so cool! It was the first Rockstar game with a world that felt lived in and had some...mystery to it. Plus I'd love to see the expansion on all the games little systems and mechanics as well as the brand new stuff they could bring to the table like some kind of spin on the Nemesis system.

The game definitely needs more little items like the prayer beads and rabbit's foot (and have them actually reflect on your character when equipped.) As well I actually kind of liked the multiplayer in that game, maybe because of the COD style unlocks mixed with the weird emergent stuff in that world just felt good at the time. Oh and the bull fighting. Not to mention holding out in that one walked Mexican town (Escalera? Whatever the first main one is) and having the cops storm the town while you and other random people are jumping roof to roof shooting molotovs and gunning them down.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Bully 2

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I'll take an open-world Lemmings game...

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd like a new IP. I'd like them to surprise us.

I know, right?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If the new Red Dead was more like Revolver and less like Redemption, I'd say Red Dead. Since that's highly unlikely, I'd take a new GTA any day of the week.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@upperdecker: For it not be GTA6.

Red Dead Redemption sequel or bust

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I want to see Red Dead come out first, its been awhile. Preferably, I'd like to see a Red Dead (San Diego) and Bully (Vancouver/Toronto) before we see another GTA. I wish they would get into a more regular schedule for Red Dead and Bully, like every three years, but perhaps those titles have not proven themselves enough for that.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like something new or Bully 2. If I had to choose between those two I guess Red Dead.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think we're going to see either anytime soon, especially GTA since Rockstar tends to take their sweet time with it, but I can see Red Dead 2 (3?) happening within the next year or so. I'm excited for both, but I what I really want is another Vice City. That 80's Miami Vice theme was just the best.

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Red Dead

BaconHound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd be happy with either, and while I doubt it's coming anytime soon, I'd be really excited for a new GTA. Ever since San Andreas, I've been imagining a return to Vice City with a larger world that would include the Everglades and maybe something like Orlando with all the theme parks.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Red Dead 2, easily. I'm expecting the announcement at E3.

wonderva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Dead 2. Best game of last generation.

But I will not complain if GTA6 gets announced...

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hermes

Red Dead Redemption.

Besides the fact I am not a GTA fan, while I really enjoyed Redemption; we had over 10 GTA and only 2 Red Dead...

I don't expect either of them to be announced at E3 though, because Housers...

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if they are both the same game.

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I want some single player DLC for GTA V, but with the same characters do not really want to see an adventure with different characters. But has a full game I want Red Dead Redemption 2, I would be happy if Rockstar only made Red Dead and GTA games they got a good thing going and if they keep a long enough time between they will not get stale.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want RDR remaster for PC and GTA 5 singleplayer DLC this year. Then RDR2 can come out next year and GTA 6 can come out in a couple of years.But I also would like a Max Payne remaster using the Rage engine.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cikame

Red Dead Redemption should be on PC.

bakumatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bakumatsu

A RDR remake remaster hd definitive edition for PS4, Xbox One and PC will be announced for release this year. New RDR in 2018. You can bet on it.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RDR 2 for sure, though I wouldn't complain about getting either. I'm surprised people are so divided about RDR but still like GTA! Man, I thought RDR was wonderful, and GTA5 was awesome too but more of on a technical level and detail level... the world and story of RDR were just entrancing!

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

It would be exciting to see something else. Red Dead Redemption is pretty great, but there was some of that GTA fatigue, with how they threw in racing into that game too along with a few more nitpicking things. GTA V both evolved and stayed the course as a game. It's a weird thing since they don't put these games out all that often, but between GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA IV, RDR, and GTA V, if they make another Red Dead or Grand Theft Auto, that will be my seventh game like that.

Something new would shake that up, or at least be more interesting conceptually.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By avantegardener

Neither, I want them to make something new. I've played Red Dead, and it was an extremely satisfying standalone experience, would feel just fine if they never made another one. GTV5 was a sumptuous feast, but I'm full. I'd like them to make a series of VR mini games that used solitaire as the wrapper.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're getting both, don't be silly.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love another Red Dead game as it's been quite a while. Maybe to celebrate the announcement Rockstar could release Redemption on PC and current consoles, one can dream.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Dead 2, and I hope it gets announced very soon. Loved the first game, best story ending/wrap-up ever.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something new or a GTA6... Red Dead bores me, sorry.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#42  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I need more Read dead in my life. And on the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm perfectly fine waiting for any other Gta game.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saints Row V.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

I haven't even played GTA V, so I'm perfectly fine with them not touching that series for another decade. I bought and sold that game twice without ever even opening the shrink-wrap (once for PS3 and once for PS4). The thing is, both times I basically realized I'd much rather play through Saints Row 3 or 4 again than GTA. GTA is such a weird thing at this point. When it came out, it was a wacky sandbox over-the-top game. By San Andreas and then GTA 4, Saints Row was doing most of that type of game better than GTA was, while GTA was getting more and more serious. Every new thing they added to those games seemed to be an obstacle to how I actually wanted to play a GTA game. Maybe GTA V addressed some of that, but I just haven't felt much of a reason to go back and play it. I And I have no interest in GTA Online. Plus it never drops below $35, so it never even registers as an impulse purchase. So basically, if they make a GTA 6, I want them to actually go back and make dramatic changes to the core of the game as opposed to bolting on more mini-games, dating, bigger world maps that serve no real purpose, and other distractions that generally don't make the game any more fun.

I am totally up for Red Dead 2 though, as nobody has really tried to make another one of those games since.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46  Edited By Marz

rather Rockstar do something different, maybe something futuristic and cyberpunk like in an open world setting, hell even a warped dark fantasy setting could be interesting.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Bully 2. Or Red Dead 2. Or really, something new altogether. Whatever it may end up being, I'll probably end up buying it.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48  Edited By shivermetimbers

Red Dead doesn't need a sequel nor should it have one, IMHO. It ended perfectly as is. I also don't need another GTA. In fact, I don't need another Rockstar game.

Edit: I'll actually take a third Manhunt game.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Dead if they do something different from the previous game and not a GTA, but western.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Blackout62

Agent.