• 59 results
flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By flufflogic

It's a simple question: what game that you put your money down on this year, fully expecting greatness, sucked the hardest? 

It's between Crackdown 2 and Fable 3 for me. Both are sequels to games I would recommend to anyone, games I sunk large amounts of time into and got nearly everything out of. But the former turned out to be a hollowed out version of its former self, and the latter seemed to be geared towards being Kinect controlled, and when that got canned just replaced it all with button presses.

Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ShadowKnight508
Final Fantasy XIII let me down in 2010. So much potential to be a great game, but it fell flat in several key departments that would have made it a great game. Beautiful graphics and some battles aside, it failed to deliver what it could have done.
PooffBallzZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By PooffBallzZzZ

Final Fantasy 13, I thought it was going to be a fun ol' fashioned RPG, but it turned to be a stupid linear waste of time, even after 10 hours.  Once I commit to a game for even 4 hours, it is difficult for me to stop playing it, but Final Fantasy was just so bad.. from the weird characters, confusing storyline and ...  
Man, I traded in Medal of Honor: Airborne to get it, and I only got like 5 bucks from it :(
error5305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By error5305

Lost Planet 2

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't a game that was released this year, but this summer I finally got the chance to sit down with the Chronicles of Riddick. I fucking hated every moment of it. 

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By ESREVER
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Final Fantasy XIII, Gran Turismo 5 and Crackdown 2.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By beargirl1
@ESREVER said:
" Worms: Reloaded. "
what was so bad about it? i didn't play it, but how can they mess up effin' WORMS?
jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By jorbear
Metro 2033. I had heard a lot of good and a lot of bad, and boy was I ever disappointed. 
Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Arbie

Fable III =[ Although parts of it were enjoyable the fact I could easily put it down once 'complete' is a big downside for me.

darkknightbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By darkknightbob

none. I was all fanboy set for GT5 and then everything hinted at ti being bad over time so eventually I ended up going with NFS. ?BEST gaming decision of my life. GT5 got horrible reviews and NFs had some of the most kickass game play i've seen in ages! 

Everyone flaming me for trying to warn them. 

Who's laughing now. 

GT5 not being in stock helped me discpline my decision even more.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Junkerman

fable 3

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By ESREVER
@AjayRaz said:
" @ESREVER said:
what was so bad about it? i didn't play it, but how can they mess up effin' WORMS? "
It's no Armageddon or World Party. Far, far from it.  
Less Options, Less Worms, Less Weapons, Less Fun. 

I miss the days where I could just stack worms on top of each other, then drop a Super Banana Bomb at the center of the base. Hehe, good fun.
Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Medal of Honor and Mafia 2. I was expecting so much from Mafia 2, but it failed to deliver in almost every way.

sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sterbacblu

Epic Mickey.  As I've said before, it was like having your parents rent out the Magic Kingdom for your birthday, but all you could do there was bob for apples in the lobby at the Hall of Presidents.  Great atmosphere, no fun.  Also Metroid: Other M.  I've never not liked a Metroid game.  Sad.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By beargirl1
@ESREVER said:
" @AjayRaz said:
" @ESREVER said:
what was so bad about it? i didn't play it, but how can they mess up effin' WORMS? "
It's no Armageddon or World Party. Far, far from it.  Less Options, Less Worms, Less Weapons, Less Fun.  I miss the days where I could just stack worms on top of each other, then drop a Super Banana Bomb at the center of the base. Hehe, good fun. "
hm. the PS3 version of Worms didn't have many features yet it was a total blast. i guess i would have enjoyed reloaded to some extent
Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Final Fantasy XIV

flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By flufflogic
@Erzs: I had the same. I had no desire to spend any more time in the game world when the plot finished, at all. Compared to 2, which I've done literally everything in, it was a waste of pressed discs.
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By GunslingerPanda

ME2 removing all the RPG stuff, and give me that "streamlining" bullshit.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Easily dead rising 2. I couldn't figure out what to do most of the time and it's very linear. I was expected alot more.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By MEATBALL

It's hard to say, most games either matched or exceeded my expectations, that's not to say everything I played I thoroughly enjoyed, but there wasn't really anything I had high hopes for that let me down. I had hoped Final Fantasy XIII would be a great game, but approaching its release it was becoming clear that it was going to fall short of the mark, thus by the time it had been released my expectations had been slightly tempered. Sure enough, some of the more negative impressions of the Japanese released proved to hold weight. Once upon a time I'd been really looking forward to FFXIII, though, so I guess I'll go with that. I still enjoyed facets of it, at least, I thought it housed one of the most entertaining battle systems in a JRPG yet.

Mass Effect 2 let me down in some ways, but it made up for it in so many other ways that it didn't matter in the slightest.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Trine. It looks pretty as hell but it's just unbelievably boring.

SamSharp505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SamSharp505

The PS3 version of Mafia 2, maybe EA MMA too, but the more I play it the more I realise it's really good...just hard to start playing. 
The PC version more than made up for it though. ^_^

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jadeskye

Final Fantasy 13 for sure. My most anticipated game of the year and it turned out to be poorly written garbage. Such a disappointment.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Azteck
@ESREVER said:
" @AjayRaz said:
" @ESREVER said:
It's no Armageddon or World Party. Far, far from it.  Less Options, Less Worms, Less Weapons, Less Fun.  I miss the days where I could just stack worms on top of each other, then drop a Super Banana Bomb at the center of the base. Hehe, good fun. "
I remember doing that. So much fun.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LiquidPrince
@shadowknight508 said:
" Final Fantasy XIII let me down in 2010. So much potential to be a great game, but it fell flat in several key departments that would have made it a great game. Beautiful graphics and some battles aside, it failed to deliver what it could have done. "
I disagree.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By Pinworm45

Command and Conquer 4.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By craigbo180

Scott pilgrim for me. Got caught up in all the hype and thought this was going to be the best thing since castle crashers but it just didn't click with me. Not an awful game but maybe I was expecting too much.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jadeskye
@LiquidPrince said:
" @shadowknight508 said:
" Final Fantasy XIII let me down in 2010. So much potential to be a great game, but it fell flat in several key departments that would have made it a great game. Beautiful graphics and some battles aside, it failed to deliver what it could have done. "
I disagree. "
I agree with Shadowknight 508 on this one. Care to elaborate Liquid? Why do you think that Final Fantasy 13 met it's expectations?
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LiquidPrince
@jadeskye said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @shadowknight508 said:
I disagree. "
I agree with Shadowknight 508 on this one. Care to elaborate Liquid? Why do you think that Final Fantasy 13 met it's expectations? "
I had a lot of fun with it. I came in expecting melodramatic story, and got an extremely polished game with a melodramatic story. It had great graphics, intense fights, and when the game opens up, it really opens up.
Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Badhands

Fable 3, Crack down 2 and dead rising 2

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By crusader8463

Brotherhood. I hated the mission and level designs, and I found the build a brotherhood mechanic to be nothing but a time sync that had no real   relevance  in the grand scheme of things. The game also had  horrendous  frame rate issues, the game never seemed to run above 10-15 FPS the whole time and many times just out right  froze  for several seconds, and had that annoying  gradient  glitch that made the top half of the screen whited out. 

I won't spoil it, but other then the last few minuets of the game nothing of any real relevance happened to move the story along.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GunnBjorn

Don't get me wrong, I love this game! Amnesia: The Dark Descent is great, but the eery, suspenseful atmosphere they establish in the beginning of the game subsides the more you progress. And the ending was just... (How can I put this, without spoiling anything?) too 'astral' for me.
warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By warxsnake

CODBO, some parts of Mafia 2 (mostly mechanically), Anything Star Wars, CIV5 (everything was great, except for the stupidly dumb leader AI), FNV was a minor disappointment technically, but I kind of excepted as much from Obsidian

As for surprises, I was surprised how decent Medal of Honor was after all the media and review bashing. CODBO had a lot of the things people were complaining about in MOH. 

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By aleryn

Crackdown 2.  Fraggin' Zombies...

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DougQuaid

Fable 3 and Crackdown 2

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jadeskye
@LiquidPrince said:
" @jadeskye said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @shadowknight508 said:
I disagree. "
I agree with Shadowknight 508 on this one. Care to elaborate Liquid? Why do you think that Final Fantasy 13 met it's expectations? "
I had a lot of fun with it. I came in expecting melodramatic story, and got an extremely polished game with a melodramatic story. It had great graphics, intense fights, and when the game opens up, it really opens up. "
Hmm. I didn't get that at all. The story wasn't so much melodramatic as over-acted and very simple. You are right about the graphics and some of the fights are deffinately intense. I S-ranked it after many hours spent and some of those optional bosses are hard as hell. Opening up though, i just can't forgive it. the overworld on pulse just can't claw back the 40 hours of linearity for me. 

The polish is there too which is in and of itself a crime that they polished what is in my mind an incomplete package. But i guess at the end of it, i did still put 150 hours into it so i guess i can't complain that much. 
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#39  Edited By musubi
@LiquidPrince said:
" @jadeskye said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @shadowknight508 said:
I disagree. "
I had a lot of fun with it. I came in expecting melodramatic story, and got an extremely polished game with a melodramatic story. It had great graphics, intense fights, and when the game opens up, it really opens up. "
Agreed 100%.    FF13 was amazing to me.   Its my personal GOTY.  
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#40  Edited By musubi
@jadeskye said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @jadeskye said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @shadowknight508 said:
I disagree. "
Hmm. I didn't get that at all. The story wasn't so much melodramatic as over-acted and very simple. You are right about the graphics and some of the fights are deffinately intense. I S-ranked it after many hours spent and some of those optional bosses are hard as hell. Opening up though, i just can't forgive it. the overworld on pulse just can't claw back the 40 hours of linearity for me.  The polish is there too which is in and of itself a crime that they polished what is in my mind an incomplete package. But i guess at the end of it, i did still put 150 hours into it so i guess i can't complain that much.  "
Well can you explain to me Why linearity is a BAD thing?   I mean seriously how many other games  that get great praise are linear?  Call of Duty?  Enslaved?  Gears of War? 

I don't see why taking you down a pre-set roller coaster path is a bad thing.  Why does it seem that everyone wants every game to be open world or something.   I think there is something to be said for extremely linear games.  It allows the creators to really structure a set experience and really focus on THAT experience.
dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dragonzord

Fable 3, but I wasn't surprised. Fable 2 had less features than Fable 1, and knew this would just fellow suit. 
Mass Effect 2, still a good game. I just hate how non-rpg it became.  Will probably avoid ME3 until it's on sale next year, will definitely if Dragon Age 2 is as bad as it seems 
Mafia 2, horrible AI and bad camera. Also Vito was a little prick compared to Tommy. Mafia 1 is one of my favorite games of all time with one of the most interesting stories. It makes me so sad that the sequel is just a bunch of archetypes and scenes stolen from mob movies.
Things about Alpha Protocol were disappointing, but they more than made up for it with New Vegas. 
 Epic Mickey, while I think Ryan is being way too overly negative, it at times did feel more shallow than I expected. 

And then on the opposite end of the spectrum, one of the best Wii games and best platformers all year was a Sonic game. What the fuck?

Avatar image for metalgeargeorge
MetalGearGeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MetalGearGeorge

Definitely FF13. Had great expectations for that game but sadly it pretty much sucked. The worst thing is that everyone bought FF13 instead of Resonance of Fate that turned out to be a great game.

edge426

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By edge426

alpha protocol i dont know how but  i had such high hopes for that game and none of those hopes were met. 

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#44  Edited By GunstarRed

Sonic the Hedgehog 4
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheGreatGuero
@Sir_Ragnarok said:
" It wasn't a game that was released this year, but this summer I finally got the chance to sit down with the Chronicles of Riddick. I fucking hated every moment of it.  "
Did you like Escape from Butcher Bay? I loved the original on Xbox, but never got around to buying it. I bought Assault on Dark Athena for $20 on Black Friday last year, but still haven't played it. I hope I'm not totally disappointed. The original was freaking classic.
KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#46  Edited By KillyDarko

Splinter Cell: Conviction, to be honest-- I loved the previous games (ok, maybe not Double Agent...), but this one didn't make it for me.
Also Disciples III and AVP.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy XIII, because of the combat. I don't mind cheesy characters on linearity one bit, but that combat took everything I loved from turn-based RPGs and threw it out the window.

NUclearD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NUclearD3

I would have to say 007: Bloodstone. I don't really know what I was expecting but all I got was very boring third -person shotting with the bonus of BAD driving from a studio known for good driving games.  

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Burns098356GX

Final Fantasy XIII. Honestly I've just given up on that franchise now, and most things coming out of Japan. There just not any good now.
Transformers, thought it was going to be this years Batman AA. I was wrong.
Fallout NV was good but not Fallout 3 good.

lordbazuco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lordbazuco

Fable 3 by a mile