Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By whackmypinata
Karmum said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Karmum said:
"I'm sorry, but the Halo Series needs to die after this "Keep it Clean" crap. I have a mixed reaction towards Halo Wars (since I'm a fan of RTS games, but not Halo games). But I don't think this new game after Halo Wars is extremely necessary.

I wish they would give up on the Halo franchise and move on towards new franchises."

who ever said "oh great, another halo game"
Halo basically raised questions.  And yea, fans do want to want to know what happened on earth during halo 2

If you deny this: how exactly is another ghalo game milking it?  Hell, theres only been 3 games so far

im expecting more stuff like dynasty warriors/ sonic, but your just a fanboy who probably hasn't even played a halo game"
Another great Halo game? That is purely an opinion, because I think all of them have been average (aside from Halo: CE). How is another Halo game milking it? Halo 3 was supposed to end it, and I'm sorry if Bungie doesn't have much money now and needs to throw out there another average Halo game, that isn't my fault. I'm a fanboy, give me a break. I own an Xbox 360, and have Halo 2 for my Xbox. I can post pictures, too. As a matter of fact, check my gamercard. And yes, Halo is ghalo.

I'm not done yet, either. I'm a fanboy, yeah, right, coming from one of the biggest fanboys here. Give me a break.

http://profile.mygamercard.net/Last%20Enemy

Do me a favor, since I cannot read, go about halfway down that list (or to May 8th, 2008), and tell me what it says. I can't read, apparently."

I am sitting here wondering whether ghalo was a typo or he seriously meant "gay-lo."
clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By clubsandwich

Call of Duty

Halo
Resident Evil
Medal of Honor
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Karmum

Judging about how ignorant he was towards me, I would assume it was just a typo, especially since he said something along the lines of "making another great game."

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By crunchUK
whackmypinata said:
"Karmum said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Karmum said:
"I'm sorry, but the Halo Series needs to die after this "Keep it Clean" crap. I have a mixed reaction towards Halo Wars (since I'm a fan of RTS games, but not Halo games). But I don't think this new game after Halo Wars is extremely necessary.

I wish they would give up on the Halo franchise and move on towards new franchises."

Halo basically raised questions.  And yea, fans do want to want to know what happened on earth during halo 2

If you deny this: how exactly is another ghalo game milking it?  Hell, theres only been 3 games so far

im expecting more stuff like dynasty warriors/ sonic, but your just a fanboy who probably hasn't even played a halo game"
Another great Halo game? That is purely an opinion, because I think all of them have been average (aside from Halo: CE). How is another Halo game milking it? Halo 3 was supposed to end it, and I'm sorry if Bungie doesn't have much money now and needs to throw out there another average Halo game, that isn't my fault. I'm a fanboy, give me a break. I own an Xbox 360, and have Halo 2 for my Xbox. I can post pictures, too. As a matter of fact, check my gamercard. And yes, Halo is ghalo.

I'm not done yet, either. I'm a fanboy, yeah, right, coming from one of the biggest fanboys here. Give me a break.

Do me a favor, since I cannot read, go about halfway down that list (or to May 8th, 2008), and tell me what it says. I can't read, apparently."

I am sitting here wondering whether ghalo was a typo or he seriously meant "gay-lo.""
loooool at halo "average". it is one of the extremely few AAA franchises and it's "average". oh boy

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By Black_Rose

Tony Hawk, his games started sucking after Underground

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Karmum

I never said my opinion was a fact, so if I consider the Halo franchise to be average at best, it purely is my opinion.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By HandsomeDead

Legend of Zelda would benefit greatly from death at this point. Or, it could just do what other 20 year franchises do and evolve slightly.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By clubsandwich
crunchUK said:
loooool at halo "average". it is one of the extremely few AAA franchises and it's "average". oh boy
that crap is seriously overrated, I can't see how so many people praise it. >_>
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#59  Edited By jakob187
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Karmum said:

There's only been 3 base Guitar Hero games, and people say that they are "milking it".  Maybe with the 80s and Aerosmith games they were milking it, sure...but you can't claim milking it with the core series if you can't say that Halo isn't "milking it"...and they are.  The three Halo titles have no drastic changes over the one before it.  The only big improvements are usually in graphics.  Other than that, it's basically the same as Madden:  just balance updates, new maps, and a few extra customization options.  I still say that out of them all, Halo 2 was worth it...despite its own shortcomings.
Anyways, back on topic...game series that needs to die:

caption
caption
caption
caption
Two very specific instances:  Final Fantasy VII, personally, is the worst of the franchise...and yet people love it and they continue to make all this extra FFVII crap.  However, Crisis Core was junk, Dirge of Cerberus was both junk and forgettable, and Advent Children was good for the Bahamut "fight" scene and that's about it.  Sephiroth is the worst villain ever put into a video game (ya know, since Kefka is way more badass).  I just want the series to be done with and die.

Dynasty Warriors needs to die because the games never change.  Samurai Warriors added a couple of neat little things, but was still the same basic thing.  Warriors Orochi...personally, I enjoy the hell out of it...although again, it's not that much different.  I'm just a leveling and loot whore, and they did it incredibly in WO.  Nonetheless, Dynasty Warriors is worse than Madden about never changing.  Keep SW and WO, but get rid of DW.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By kush

I am also starting to get a bit tired of the whole Lego thing right now.

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By PJ

Sonic
Medal of Honor
Mario spin offs not he platformers
Postal
Duke Nukem, since they will just ruin it because the Duke doesnt work in 2008

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Karmum said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Karmum said:

hmm... metacritic and just about everyone else disagrees with you
truth is you're probably just on the "halo-hate-train".  I once was.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Karmum

I thought I stated in my first few sentenced that it was my opinion. Are you willing to retract your claim of me not playing Halo 3? I have made my judgment, and it is an average game; in my opinion.

I wish people would read.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Karmum said:
"I thought I stated in my first few sentenced that it was my opinion. Are you willing to retract your claim of me not playing Halo 3? I have made my judgment, and it is an average game; in my opinion.

I wish people would read."
whats with all the sport games?  holy jees. 

And so what?  everything anyone says is an opinion. 
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Karmum
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Karmum said:
"I thought I stated in my first few sentenced that it was my opinion. Are you willing to retract your claim of me not playing Halo 3? I have made my judgment, and it is an average game; in my opinion.

I wish people would read."
whats with all the sport games?  holy jees. 

And so what?  everything anyone says is an opinion. "
I'm a fan of many sports? All I was trying to say is I believe Halo is an average franchise, obviously everyone doesn't believe it, and thats why it is my opinion. We should probably move on after this, because I don't want to get into a useless argument.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By kush

Armored Core is another franchise that should just die already. How it's still chugging on is beyond me.

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Too Human... kill it before it reproduces!

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Karmum
Kush said:
"Armored Core is another franchise that should just die already. How it's still chugging on is beyond me."
Yeah, they just released a new game about 2-3 weeks ago. I remember some of the first games used to be awesome.
bigpig33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By bigpig33
BiggerBomb said:
"atejas said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:

a series needs to die that everyone loves for no reason that is made with extreme quality?
totally unbiased and arbitrary. Uh huh.
Also, sports games
"

So true."

why do people that don't like sports want to get rid of sports games.  YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY THEM.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jakob187
Linkyshinks said:
"Ah your saying that now but at least wait till you play the sequel, you could end up begging for more. It was conceived as a trilogy so this shiz has to play out."
Sir, anything where the debut piece proves successful was "originally conceived as a trilogy".  This is a failed argument or point.
bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By bjorno

Your favorite game series.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By jakob187
bjorno said:
"Your favorite game series."
Greatest answer ever.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I agree with Kush--kill the Lego series.  Kill it dead.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Jayge_
Linkyshinks said:
"Jayge said:
"Bioshock shouldn't be a series. Gears of War could use a sequel to fix all the shit it needed fixed, but they're going to drag it out, so I'd rather have it killed now."

Ah your saying that now but at least wait till you play the sequel, you could end up begging for more. It was conceived as a trilogy so this shiz has to play out.

I think even though Gears 2 will not have it,  4 player CoOp in the third and final installment could be well and truly amazing, but it would require the finest level design to bring that about. Creating levels at a large scale that would be conducive to good CoOp play having that many people on board is no easy task. You cannot simply slap in structures willy nilly. You could end up making the single player experience a chore when playing stand alone. With Gears2 and it's more open environments, Epic should be able learn a lot about what works or may not work, that will aid the third when the time comes. Gears 2 was concieved as a CoOp game, the more you can have in there withougt hampering the experience, the better.

"
I won't be buying the sequel. I hate the game anyway.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By kush

Here's another one for you guys...Huxley. The first game hasn't even come out and yet it still hasn't been canceled. Just kill that damn thing already, or just release it in Korea.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jakob187
Kush said:
"Here's another one for you guys...Huxley. The first game hasn't even come out and yet it still hasn't been canceled. Just kill that damn thing already, or just release it in Korea."
NO!  I've been waiting forever for it.  I wanna see what it's all about.  Then I'll yell "kill it"!!!
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

I'm pretty sure that there's going to be more than one Saw game, so I'm calling that one out.
END THE SAW SERIES BEFORE IT STARTS!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By kush
jakob187 said:
"NO!  I've been waiting forever for it.  I wanna see what it's all about.  Then I'll yell "kill it"!!!"
I don't think you really want to see it. I used to be really interested in it, but last time I saw a video it basically looked like this: you walk around and then you enter a cave a play a UT type DM mode...rinse and repeat.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By jakob187
Linkyshinks said:
"jakob187 said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"Ah your saying that now but at least wait till you play the sequel, you could end up begging for more. It was conceived as a trilogy so this shiz has to play out."
Sir, anything where the debut piece proves successful was "originally conceived as a trilogy".  This is a failed argument or point."

That's easy enough to say and certainly true of many games. Developers have to build on successful franchises and sequels are the norm, while the Trilogy is essential, in the trily Epic games. Some of the greatest stories have been told in trilogies, in literary work, and developers are simply carrying on that old tradition. 

Looking at Epic's previous games and there is clearly evidence of  them building on franchises, fine tuning games and fine tuning engines. Also showcasing engine refinements. Looking how well  Unreal Engine 3.0 has done, this new revision 3.2, which even tops the DX10 version on PC for technical prowess, needs to be showcased in games of this magnitude. It proves to developers how well the engine can be tweaked and improved to awesome effect when they see the technical transitions for themselves via the makers. Trilogies can be great adverts for engines, if you created the engine. It's win win for Epic and win win always wins.

"
There is a difference between a "planned trilogy" and an "afterthought trilogy".
A "planned trilogy" would be the Lord of the Rings books, the original Star Wars films, etc.

An "afterthought trilogy" would be Halo, Gears of War, Pirates of the Carribean.

What I'm saying is that anyone can say "oh, yeah, it's supposed to be a trilogy"...but look at Advent Rising, Too Human and The Matrix.  Ambition gets you in trouble.  Planned trilogies are hard as hell to do anything with, because if the first part isn't successful, you can hurt yourself pretty bad.  Therefore, everyone now does an afterthought trilogy, where they say "hey, the first part was successful...let's do two more pieces and label it as a trilogy".

To be honest, if it wasn't for LOTR and Star Wars...no one would probably even do trilogies.
mr_korean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By mr_korean

Sonic that is all

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Gizmo
Karmum said:

Did I mention I am doing alpha testing for Keep It Clean?
Well, I am.
LuffyUzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82  Edited By LuffyUzumaki

sonic, why does everyone say halo needs to die it's only had four games and all of them are good. (maybe not halo wars) 

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By kush
LuffyUzumaki said:
"sonic, why does everyone say halo needs to die it's only had four games and all of them are good. (maybe not halo wars) "
Not everyone would agree that the Halo games are good. Everyone has their own opinion...
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kush said:
Everyone has their own opinion..."
Clearly, this is a false statement.  Opinions do not exist.  Neither do cacti. 

I figure this will be marked as spam, so I had better say something about the topic . . .

I do not think the Halo series ought to "die."  I do think it needs a major renovation.  And/or some serious time off from work.  Take a vacation Master Chief. 
Demokk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Demokk

I think that no series need to die as long as there is people who enjoy and support that series.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jakob187
Linkyshinks said:
"Halfway into making Gears, the first, intended for the [PC], when Epic showed the game to Microsoft, and they done the exclusivity deal, they did so on the basis of it being a trilogy. That's hardly a after thought is it, mid development first game. If it happened after release you could drop it into that pigeon hole, but not in this case. You can only fit so much of a story on one game, on top of that the financial incentives to draw out a story, as with books, are too great not to.  Every first game aims to be a franchise in this industry. Of course this is just another, but it's also a highly acclaimed one, by the masses, and the masses hold sway.

There are many great trilogies."
Of course Microsoft won't sign an exclusivity deal without it being a trilogy.  Halo can't last forever...or can it?  Given that stipulation, can you really claim that it was a PLANNED trilogy...as it would seem that Microsoft FORCED it to be a trilogy?  o.O
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Pibo47
Jayge said:
"Halo, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Sonic, Mario, Gears of War, Metal Gear Solid, most racing series (cough) needforspeed (/cough), "mario party", Wii *insert verb/noun here* games, etc.

I'd better not see Pokemon in here >.>"
Wtf is with gears of war? That series has just begun.