What if scenario..

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Afroman269

What would happen if Killzone 2 came out with the other blockbusters in Q4? Would it have less of an impact than it did when it released earlier this year or would it steal the spotlight from other games because of the hype that was following it?

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Synthballs

It would get good reviews, but, it wouldn't sell.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Red12b

North Korea would have gone defcon three, 

Wait, what was the origonal question? 

It would not have sold as well, and I would have not given it a look apart from rental, 

Multi was good, but it would not have stood a chance with MW2, 

Only PS3 Diehards and people who are really into Videogames would have had a look, 

No comp.
TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#4  Edited By TobyD81

Agreed with above. I think it would have sold less if going up against MW2. That game crushed everything in its path for the rest of the year.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

It would have been butt raped by Modern Warfare 2.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Afroman269

Well it looks like the general consensus is that Killzone will be the victim of rape. Also I don't think that its multiplayer wouldn't have gotten the map pack support or praise that it got because of it being overshadowed by MW 2.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By GunstarRed

they should have released it in september or  october so people had it on their radar at the end of the year.. I think a lot of people that played it and liked it have kind of forgotten about it. Singleplayer was a bunch more memorable than  MW2 to me.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Afroman269
@marioncobretti said:
"

they should have released it in september or  october so people had it on their radar at the end of the year.. I think a lot of people that played it and liked it have kind of forgotten about it. Singleplayer was a bunch more memorable than  MW2 to me.

"
Ya that's what happened to me because I actually forgot that it came out this year, September or October would have been great release windows,but then there would be Uncharted 2. I wouldn't say that the single player was memorable though. It was fun indeed but the dialogue and story made it forgettable for me.
dhuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By dhuff

I played it a couple of times and found myself playing it only because it looked so dang good on my tv.  I actually had more fun watching my brother play.

Avatar image for raccoonusdoodus
raccoonusdoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By raccoonusdoodus

Agreed. Would have gotten good reviews, but it wouldn't have sold as well going up against MW2, even though, honestly, KZ2 had a better single-player campaign.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Jensonb

I suspect sales would have suffered. Though personally, I think it was the best FPS of the year, and the best home console game of the year too.