What is your dream Giant Bomb Video Series?

• 68 results
Avatar image for changethel1ghts
changethel1ghts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

After watching "What the Fark is Ark?" I thought how great it would be to see a video series in which GBeast tries to unravel a game without any external help. All through exploration and experimentation. Obviously this would work better for some games than others (watching them try and figure out Eve Online may not be the most exciting thing), but I still think it would be pretty fun.

Anyways, this got me thinking about other cool video series ideas. What do you think would be an awesome video feature?

ian280291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I’ still holding out hope for Choose Your Own Adventure: Toonstruck: Part II

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Alex plays through Mass Effect (w/ Vinny). Judging from the amount of copies he has received and how much of a joke it has become, it'll probably never happen.

carpe_dmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because it was mentioned a few weeks back on the beastcast, I would *LOVE* to watch a GB GTA V Heist series; It'd require a lot of editing between perspectives and stuff but, I can only imagine the hijinks that would ensue if our boys tried to rob a bank.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

Exquisite Corps but with Austin Walker, alleviating the current issue of the blind leading the blind. It's a cool series, but it's going to be frustratingly short because they're so uninformed on basic mechanics and forget things week to week, but I feel that Austin would've probably remembered and been able to explain that stuff pretty well.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Relkin

Anything with a focus on critique, really. My first reason for coming to the site is for entertainment purposes, but hearing Jeff, Brad, or Alex really dig into a game and explain exactly what they think about it is a fairly close second.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Jason and someone (preferably Jeff) doing cold looks of anime video games. Not enough quick looks of those kinds of games these days which is weird because as silly as it sounds those tend to be some of their best video content.

duke_of_the_bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryan...

:,(

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like a return to random pc game where they focus on games between ca. 2001-2005, but I'm not sure they have the right crew for that together anymore. I'd also really like to see an n-gage centered old games stream from Jeff some day.

Jibanyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jibanyan

I'd love for some of the West features to be cross-coast (at least on occasion) and vice versa. I've thought about it a lot since they put out that video where they played the Giant ROM 2017 games; it was super fun to see.

Us vs. Them was a great example of this.

RadixNegative2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By RadixNegative2

@relkin said:

Anything with a focus on critique, really. My first reason for coming to the site is for entertainment purposes, but hearing Jeff, Brad, or Alex really dig into a game and explain exactly what they think about it is a fairly close second.

I was going to say the same but specifically for games they all are playing (e.g. Destiny 2). Maybe something like a Quick Look v2 where they revisit a game after playing it some more and can talk about it in more depth (and more spoilers). A bit like a mix of spoilercasts, GOTY discussions, and the retrospective videos they've done with developers (e.g. The Witness, Tacoma).

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I'd really like to see them tackle a game like The Forest or ARK (you know, survival games) with a big crew (cross-coast like PUBG) in a semi-serious manner. Monster Hunter would also be cool.
And another MGScanlon-esque feature - having someone who is genuinely interested in a game (or series of games) play through it with a sidekick-superfan of that game.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

My dream idea is an expansion of Steal my Sunshine's gambling conceit. Have a lottery system where people have to play different games depending on what they "win". You can have "Lucky" outcomes like "Finish the first world of Super Mario World, Beat three fighters in Punch Out, Win a race in Wipeout" and "Unlucky" results like "Play a solo game of Mario Party, Win a game of Blitzball in Final Fantasy X, beat The Challenge in The Witness".

It would probably be logistically impossible to set-up because it would require frequently changing the game being played and prep time playing games beforehand to unlock/have saves for particular moments. However, I think it would be a really fun one-off thing (the kind of big event for a Big Live Live Show kind of thing).

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#14  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Jeff's C64 home streams, but archived on the site. :(

I'd kinda want them to play through the Command & Conquer campaigns too, but I suppose that would've been the most interesting when Austin was still around and could comment on the original C&C's themes of media manipulation and the roles of civilians in the conflict. I know Brad, Dan and Jeff enjoy those games, especially the Red Alert series for their cheesy FMV cutscenes, but I kinda think they'd be overlooking a lot of the more interesting themes those games - especially the first one - dealt with.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Demo Derby.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

A playthrough of (fan-patched) Arcanum would be cool, but I bet it'd get about, oh, ten viewers in total. Honestly, I'd rather have consistency in scheduling and the elimination of production problems that seem to keep plaguing them post-WM days, but a lot of these ideas sound excellent.

Scottjay01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny and Jeff look at transformers and g.i joe masterpiece and collectibles.

I loved when ever those to would go off into conversations about both series and figures.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite features are the ones where the crew (especially Jeff) play older games and talk about the history of the game/developer/industry as they play. That historical context and insight is why I come to Giant Bomb, and not simply watch the hundreds of YouTube channels of people yelling while playing games. So anything along those lines is always welcome.

The real REAL answer is a series about Jeff Holding Various Things, obviously.

ThisIsACoolTag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@relkin said:

I was going to say the same but specifically for games they all are playing (e.g. Destiny 2). Maybe something like a Quick Look v2 where they revisit a game after playing it some more and can talk about it in more depth (and more spoilers). A bit like a mix of spoilercasts, GOTY discussions, and the retrospective videos they've done with developers (e.g. The Witness, Tacoma).

I really like that video where Vinny is finishing Bioshock Infinite while everybody else discusses it, and then Vinny gives his opinion when he has seen the ending.

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/bioshock-infinite-infinite-spoilers/2300-7224/

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably an Exquisite Corps series where they take turns playing Crusader Kings 2, but 1 ruler at a time, ie Alex plays until the current ruler dies, Abby takes over as his heir, and so on. Maybe Vinny assigns them each secret personal goals (claim a specific random territory, become the pope). That game can be pretty dang complicated though, so it's just a pipe dream.

I'd also really like to see Vinny go back and play more King of Dragon Pass.

Something with cross coast multiplayer would be neat. More East vs West content is always nice.

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it'll never happen. But I really hope for a p5 endurance run. Doesn't even have to be Jeff and Vinny. But that would also be the dream dream scenario.

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carpe_dmt: THIS!!! I really want this in my life!

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Vinny and more adventure games.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingbonesaw: I know I have seen that video before, but it's been a long time. I turned it on just to check it out for a few minutes. Next thing I know I'm watching the whole thing. That's EXACTLY the kind of video I want more of. Hearing Lang talk a bunch of console tech that I don't understand in the slightest is fascinating.

RadixNegative2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@radixnegative2 said:
@relkin said:

I really like that video where Vinny is finishing Bioshock Infinite while everybody else discusses it, and then Vinny gives his opinion when he has seen the ending.

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/bioshock-infinite-infinite-spoilers/2300-7224/

Yes more of this would be amazing!

TensionHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Alex plays through Mass Effect (w/ Vinny). Judging from the amount of copies he has received and how much of a joke it has become, it'll probably never happen.

I second this. Their dynamic has always been great and it's a series with intriguing peaks and valleys. Plus, I wouldn't mind sitting back all nostalgic-like and just watch that story unfold again. It's been awhile.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see them try and tackle a roleplaying game with a heavy improve element and limited dice rolling too it. Something like Fate or etc. I know we've got a few 'lets try Dungeons and dragons" videos which honestly I think were a poor example of what such content could be.

Ideally star's align somehow and its a joint venture with Waypoint, so Austin can DM them through, I don't know, an 80s crime drama with Dan Vinny Abby and Alex playing steriotyped 80s cliches, or a post apoc future where Minions have become the new Micky Mouse and their is chaos during the Food Wars of TacoBell vs Buffalo Wild Wings or literally anything where at least half of the character sheet is character descriptive sentences, not numbers.

That is the great thing about the genre. There are systems out there that are easy to learn, and very fun to watch. Something like Dungeons and Dragons is way too full of combat and character numbers. But let either coast (assuming Jeff would break his word and sit down and at least try one of these kind of systems with a competent DM running things) run wild with the kind of improve character-focused creativity we already like about them?

While I am day dreaming, why not make it a joint coast venture, and have both groups playing in the same world, in an episodic nature. Where the failures and consequences of one coast's actions effects the other? Total pipe-dream, never gonna happen. But man I feel like they have the spirit and creativity to really enjoy that kind of game, if only they would try it.

Video Game Answer-Endurance Run, any game. Hell to do, but great to have something to look forward too every day for weeks/months on end.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like a coast vs coast game with long term implications where there is strategy involved but they don't know what their competition is doing.

Example is like if they both played a private ark server and built their bases up while trying to sabotage each other. I dunno really I'm not creative. I just know Dan and Jeff would be up to some shady shit to fuck with one another and I love it!

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

Vinny, Alex, and Austin checking out Steins;Gate. From their LiS playthrough, I imagine they'd be into the narrative, that game deserves the attention, and I'd love to see some of the stigma around visual novels removed (90+% are trash, especially on Steam, but there are also some damn fine pieces of work in that genre).

I'd also love to see someone drag Dan through Persona 4 the Golden, and for him to give it a genuine shot. I don't if he'd end up liking it, but I want him to at least understand it rather than just ignoring it.

Both pipe-dreams and not gonna happen for a variety of reasons, but that what I'd like to see.

derintrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Load Our Last Souls part 2 and 3 with Vinny. The original is maybe my favorite series on the site. Seeing Vinny and his can-do attitude play the souls game is always special. Add Dan into the mix, sounds perfect.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okami HD is coming out on PS4 soon...

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I would love something like a visual novel book club. Some games would be harder to do since you can jump around the timeline more, but I'm thinking of something like get to the end of the first trial in Danganronpa and they do a podcast talking about the events up to that point. That's probably the best way to cover visual novels in my opinion. The amount of time, resources, commitment, and planning would basically make this impossible for Giant Bomb to pull off, but man would it be cool. Hearing Patrick talking more about Danganronpa or Vinny going more in depth on Zero Escape would have been great, and it would have added something new to the site.

Also, Alex should play Mass Effect 2.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny doing a play-through of every divinity game ( 8 games if you include dragon commander and original sin 2 )

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan plays Kerbal Space Program

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny and Abby playing through Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan playing educational games like Carmen Sandiego

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 geirr  Online

Persona 5 endurance run starring Dan Ryckert and Jeff Bakalar.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Demo Derby, Bring Your B-Game and Load Our Last Save episodes, if I'm being honest. DD especially I love so much that it pains me to wait months between episodes.

But if we're pushing those aside, I'd probably just enjoy them playing through dozens of games I like. Grim Fandango series with Vinny and Alex/Abby would be a dream come true and same goes for several other adventure games.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Teddie

They should bring back Unplugged but with board games and toys. Some of them would be short videos, like if they played Mouse Trap, and some would be gruelling like Monopoly. Then dress it up like an East vs. West gameshow because I miss those shitty gameshow game quick looks...

Also yeah, like others mentioned more of the Bioshock Infinite styled spoiler video. Vinny said he was considering playing Nier Automata on stream the other day, and it would be absolutely perfect if he did endings C-E live with Alex. Oh no, now I'm bummed that it's never gonna happen...

Patchcoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Patchcoat

I would love to see Vinny do a playthrough of the original Deus Ex (especially considering that this Revision mod exists).

A GBE Playdate where they play The Witcher Adventure Game.

Vinny giving Suikoden II a shot; I think he would find the story/characters really unique and engaging. Really I just want Vinny to play one of my favorite games.

That anyone would do a Quick Look of Battle for the Stars.

Also... I would love to have Drew (and maybe even Danny) come in at some point and finally try to play Steel Battalion. They got that massive controller in the mail about two years ago, and the fact that they never did anything with it breaks my heart.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@kingbonesaw: Yeah, getting on some developers and rapid firing through their games telling stories of development would be really interesting to me

JohnTunoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JohnTunoku

Film and 40s End of Evangelion, although decent chance it's mostly just confused silence.

In all honesty any game or movie they are enthusiastic about that is also weird enough to spark interesting discussion is always good. Like the Persona 4 ER and Metal Gear Scanlon. The more story heavy the better, the content is never as important as how they feel about it.

Edit: I suppose you said VIDEO series, but whatever.

Geralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something along the line of "The Gong Show" where both coasts join in for session of new game coming out that week.

Play them for no more that 5 minutes and decide whether they wanna do the Quick Look or not.

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A city building race. Presented in 4 way split screen, or cut together. 30mins to get the biggest population possible in Cities Skylines or even... Sim City.

It could be a different game/challenge each episode. It's called Score Wars!

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I don't think I have a straight-forward answer to this. A lot of the games that I'm most personally interested in are games that most of the crew aren't interested in, and I generally find it more enjoyable when they're passionate and interested in something rather than being forced into it. I have enjoyed competitive series where the crew are pitted against each other, but I wouldn't want that to be focused just on MP games like MOBAs, FPS games, or PUBG, and I wouldn't want it to always be Dan forcing people into playing games they hate and creating some sort of wacky game show format around it. I have really enjoyed some of their streams and series on older games, but these can be hit-and-miss; my favourite is still probably the 3DO TNT they did in early 2012, and Random PC Game is my all-time favourite GB video series. I've never really been into Endurance Runs or longer series like Metal Gear Scanlon, but I also don't love the UPF format of shorter segments on random games. I really like a lot of the shows they do with guests from the industry, but that's always going to depend on who the guest is, what kind of chemistry they have with the crew, and what game they're playing.

So I guess what I want is for GB to try lots of different things and see if they can find something that sticks, which is basically exactly what they're doing at the moment, which is why I restarted my premium subscription after 2-3 years away. If I had to ask for one thing, I definitely want more interaction between East and West, because I don't enjoy the current crew setup for GBWest as much as GBEast but I miss watching Jeff. The GB ROM stream was a blast.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before Drew left I really wanted Bradgend of ZelDrew with Brad guiding Drew through all of the Zelda series (mostly Link to the Past). I'd be cool with Brad and Jeff doing it now just for fun.

Like someone else said, more content like the Vinny finishing Bioshock Infinite video would be awesome.

brewster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By brewster

Anything that gets them to stop playing PUBG.

I miss the random PC games segment.

@theoriginalatlas Couldn't agree more with your points there!

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Given how much Brad talks about X-Wing/TIE Fighter, would be cool to see him play some of those games, but I'd also be in for Alex and Vinny playing Mass Effect.

KittenTactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Took the words right out of my mouth.