What is your FAVORITE Halo game? (Gaming Question of the Day 10-16-10)

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By astrotriforce
Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You can't beat the original. 

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I wanted to go for Halo 3 since it was a blast to play in all modes, but I really digged ODST and firefight mode thanks to the inclusion of half the Firefly cast (Nathan <3) but Reach is offering me so much, I will be playing this game for so freaking long.
 So D it is!

With the exception of Halo Wars (console rts, bleh) I like all of them tho, good games in their own right!

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By raidingkvatch

Ultimately I had to opt for Halo 2 for the vast amount of fun I had with its multiplayer, back in the days before I had Live and would have sytem link parties at my house the vast majority of which we spent on Halo 2 with spatterings of other games to break it up, but always back to Bungie in the end, at least until one dude (it was always the same guy) unbalanced the teams by deciding he really wanted to go outside and play football, fucking douche.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By flaminghobo

It's really hard to chose between CE and 3. I've yet to play Reach fully but I think it may turn into another choice for my favourite Halo game.
Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

Nummer eins oder Nummer zwei.

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By astrotriforce
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" I wanted to go for Halo 3 since it was a blast to play in all modes, but I really digged ODST and firefight mode thanks to the inclusion of half the Firefly cast (Nathan <3) but Reach is offering me so much, I will be playing this game for so freaking long.  So D it is! With the exception of Halo Wars (console rts, bleh) I like all of them tho, good games in their own right! "
I've actually only played the first Halo :/ lol. I do plan on playing the others. Good answers! Sounds like they all had awesome stuff to give. I do somewhat feel bummed that I've mostly missed out on the Halo-fever. Even nowadays I don't play Reach with my roomates. I'm just not a multiplayer guy. @raidingkvatch said:
" Ultimately I had to opt for Halo 2 for the vast amount of fun I had with its multiplayer, back in the days before I had Live and would have sytem link parties at my house the vast majority of which we spent on Halo 2 with spatterings of other games to break it up, but always back to Bungie in the end, at least until one dude (it was always the same guy) unbalanced the teams by deciding he really wanted to go outside and play football, fucking douche. "
Awesome. :D I do remember those days of everyone doing system link. One of our friends is the (much) younger brother of our old pastor. So he'd ask pastor if we could use the church. We'd drive down there at night when it was closed, go into the main auditorium and play system link Halo and Gears on the projectors at the front of the church. We'd also play DDR and the like (in particular one time when we had a big youth sleep over, so all the girls were there, and they love their DDR). It was pretty sweet. I was the DJ one time and was sitting up back where the computers were playing my high voltage heavy metal over the church speakers while they were blasting fools in Halo and Gears. Ahhh those were the days. As a funny anecdote, I borrowed N64 Mortal Kombat Trilogy and MK4 from my pastor. :P
Avatar image for anamericanpatriot
AnAmericanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By AnAmericanPatriot

THE second. THE first was GOOD and a game-changer, BUT I FEEL like the obvious backtracking KNOCKS IT down a few pegs for me. The second one, DESPITE THE shitty ending, was LITERALLY AN Aliens scenario FOR me, and the multiplayer WAS UNFUCKING touchable at THE TIME. 

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Djeffers03

I accidently voted halo 3 which is my 2nd favourite behind the first. CE was my first console game :)

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By SumDeus

The first game brings back such great memories for me, so that.

Cegoraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cegoraph

My favorite game in the series are either Reach or Combat Evolved. It's a very difficult choice for me to be quite honest, I have to think about it.  

Edit: I accidentally chose Reach, but I wanted to pick Halo: Combat Evolved. Yeah, sure the first game had poor level design for most of the time and The Library was one of the worst levels I've endured in a first-person shooter. But the game just felt so fresh and new at the time, not to mention that it has so many memorable set-pieces. It defined the genre, and it's influence still remains for many modern first-person shooters. Unlike other games in the series, Combat Evolved had a good storyline.  Not to mention it has the best pistol in a shooter ever.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Kyreo
@TheSeductiveMoose said:
" Nummer eins oder Nummer zwei. "
For those of you that dont speak German: 
Halo CE > Halo 2
raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By raidingkvatch
@astrotriforce: Sounds like you had a pretty awesome pastor dude, we Just used to get people to drag their Xboxes to my house and try and grab as many TVs as possible. Also I distinctly remember flying kicking my friend "fat head" then punching him for making me twist my ankle, aah those were the days, the days before I had 2000+ word essays to write regularly.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I like the fake Atari 2600 game Bungie made how come it isn't on the list.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By Yummylee

Never played any D=. Played abit of Halo 3's MP offline during a drunken party and...that's the extent of my Halo franchise playtime.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Definitely the first. It just has the best overall balance of weapons and level design, at least in my opinion. Plus, it felt all new and everything.  

Halo 3 is a close second though.  

(Should note that I have not played ODST or Reach). 

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MEATBALL

Gotta go with Reach. I didn't like the final couple of firefights so much, but I felt the rest of the game was fantastically paced and didn't really have any bad spots. I can't really say that for any of the other Halos beyond perhaps ODST (which I really enjoyed as a change of pace for the franchise). As great as Halo at its best was back in the day, there were also too many parts that I just flat-out did not enjoy, so forgive me for not being terribly indulgent in my nostalgia for the title.

Cegoraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cegoraph
@bartok said:
" I like the fake Atari 2600 game Bungie made how come it isn't on the list. "
Halo 2600 wasn't developed by Bungie. It was created by Ed Fries and was published by AtariAge
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

2 and Reach were the only ones I played.  Reach is infinitely better in my eyes.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By penguindust
@AnAmericanPatriot said:
" THE second. THE first was GOOD and a game-changer, BUT I FEEL like the obvious backtracking KNOCKS IT down a few pegs for me. The second one, DESPITE THE shitty ending, was LITERALLY AN Aliens scenario FOR me, and the multiplayer WAS UNFUCKING touchable at THE TIME.  "
This is my thinking spot on.  What kills the 1st game for me is having work your way back through the damned Library again.  Getting there was tiring enough, and having to do the whole thing again in reverse just pissed me off.  I understand it was a concession due to the hardware knowledge at the time, but it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth all these years later.  Also, I wasn't doing split screen multiplayer at the time, so my competitive playtime had to be online.  That's probably why I rank both Unreal Tournament 1999 and Rainbow 6: Raven Shield higher on my list of shooters.  

As far as the others go, I really disliked the driving race-to-escape at the end of Halo 3, I slammed through ODST in a couple of nights without it leaving much of an impression, and I haven't played Reach yet.  Halo Wars doesn't really count since it's from an entirely different genre.  
halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By halberdierv2

Halo:Combat evolved, in all its glory.

krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers