#1 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -
#2 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -

As much as I LOOOOVE Super Metroid and the original, I gotta give the vote to Prime.

#3 Posted by LiquidPrince (15840 posts) -

I don't think I've ever played a Metroid game. Other M is going to be my first one.

Online
#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (35978 posts) -

I haven't played a Metroid game in a LONG time. Maybe I should look back at a few of them.

#5 Posted by Daveyo520 (6651 posts) -

Super!

#6 Posted by august (3826 posts) -

You made me choose between Prime and Super. That's like asking me to choose which of my children I want to live. You bastard.
#7 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -
@astrotriforce said:
" As much as I LOOOOVE Super Metroid and the original, I gotta give the vote to Prime. "
#8 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
astrotriforce , I have a horrible feeling that this constant stream of questions is just a way of mining the Giantbomb community for targeted market research.
#9 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -

Metroid Prime. I haven't played any other.

#10 Posted by Goldanas (544 posts) -

I should have voted for pinball; I didn't think it was on the list. 
 
That game was awesome. I still bust it out from time to time and stick in the rumble pack it came with. 
 
I think I'll do that right now.

#11 Posted by mau64 (539 posts) -

How the hell is Metroid Prime beating Super Metroid? Gotta be the young ones around here.

#12 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2209 posts) -

Metroid Fusion. First Metroid game I ever played and i loved it, liked the whole parasite X enemy and how it could clone other organisms including the DNA on Samus's gravity suit that cloned to create the SA-X so there would be parts in the game where you had to run for your life away from it.
#13 Posted by Herocide (440 posts) -

If I had owned my own copy of Super Metroid as a kid instead of playing it sparsely at my friend's house, I'd probably have voted for it instead of Prime.

#14 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3019 posts) -

Super, Prime, Fusion... I can't decide.  I'll go with Fusion, I guess, but it's really a tie.  Gotta respect Prime for bringing the series back in a big way, though.

Online
#15 Posted by Gaff (1649 posts) -
@Gizmo said:

"astrotriforce , I have a horrible feeling that this constant stream of questions is just a way of mining the Giantbomb community for targeted market research."

 Do I get a free copy of Other M if I say "Other M" ? :P  
#16 Posted by L1GHTN1N (438 posts) -

Super Metroid was great, Metroid Prime was perfect. It also happens to be in my Top 5 favorite games.
 
Hunters was bad, all the others were good.

#17 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

none !

#18 Posted by Lawrens (688 posts) -

Didn't really get into the other Metroid games, so Super Metroid.

#19 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

Any... All. It's my favourite game series.
 
I voted for Fusion after about a second, though. So I guess my instincts say that, but I ain't so sure.
 
Zero Mission was great.

#20 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

Huh, so why isn't Zero Mission on the list?

#21 Posted by jaymorgoth (242 posts) -

It was tough simply because to me the Prime and old games almost seem like two different games. But honestly Prime was my favorite, i really enjoyed that shift and was so surprised they made it work.  It seem to naturally fit and still retain that Metroid feel.  I still love the original games but Prime holds the special place in my heart!

#22 Posted by Dr_VonBoogie (348 posts) -

My favorite Metroid game is the only one I played, Super Smash Brother Melee!

#23 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

its a draw between prime 1 and prime 3 for me... super metroid is also pretty great

#24 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

The fact that Prime is winning is one of the saddest things I've seen in a while, that game was sooooooooooooooooooooooo terrible. No offense to people who like it, but I can even begin to fathom how that game was supposed to be fun. I kept forcing myself to go back and keep playing but I seriously dont think I have ever played a more disappointingly boring game in my life.
 
I voted Fusion because it was basically a better looking, sleeker, and mechanically updated version of Super, which itself was a better looking, sleeker, and mechanically updated version of the first one. Basically, Fusion was the peak and then death of Metroid in my eyes because there hasnt been a single decent Metroid game since then. That trend seems to be continuing because Other M looks pretty shitty to me. Who knows, maybe its great...who am I kidding, but we'll just have to see.

#25 Posted by I_love_Eva_Braun (481 posts) -

Super Metroid 

#26 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -
@Gizmo said:
" astrotriforce , I have a horrible feeling that this constant stream of questions is just a way of mining the Giantbomb community for targeted market research. "
Hahahahaha. Honestly it's my personal way of keeping involved and having a clear reason to check everyday. Also posting a question a day is a personal goal to see how long I can keep it going. :D
 
@Gaff said:
" @Gizmo said:

"astrotriforce , I have a horrible feeling that this constant stream of questions is just a way of mining the Giantbomb community for targeted market research."

 Do I get a free copy of Other M if I say "Other M" ? :P   "
I so wanted to put Other M on the list . . . CAN'T WAIT!
 
@mau64 said:
" How the hell is Metroid Prime beating Super Metroid? Gotta be the young ones around here. "

Hahahaha, I agree man. But then again. I voted for Metroid Prime myself. :/ Even though I LOOOVE Super Metroid. Also I'm 25. :P
 
@Cold_Wolven said:
" Metroid Fusion. First Metroid game I ever played and i loved it, liked the whole parasite X enemy and how it could clone other organisms including the DNA on Samus's gravity suit that cloned to create the SA-X so there would be parts in the game where you had to run for your life away from it. "

Fusion ROCKS! Holy crap man I just remembered! UGH! I forgot to put Metroid: Zero Mission. :( DAngit! I knew I should've checked..... Damn I'm pissed! 
 
@Apathylad said:
" Huh, so why isn't Zero Mission on the list? "
:( Dammit!
 
#27 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -
@DoctorWelch said:

" The fact that Prime is winning is one of the saddest things I've seen in a while, that game was sooooooooooooooooooooooo terrible. No offense to people who like it, but I can even begin to fathom how that game was supposed to be fun. I kept forcing myself to go back and keep playing but I seriously dont think I have ever played a more disappointingly boring game in my life. I voted Fusion because it was basically a better looking, sleeker, and mechanically updated version of Super, which itself was a better looking, sleeker, and mechanically updated version of the first one. Basically, Fusion was the peak and then death of Metroid in my eyes because there hasnt been a single decent Metroid game since then. That trend seems to be continuing because Other M looks pretty shitty to me. Who knows, maybe its great...who am I kidding, but we'll just have to see. "

DUDE no way? What is wrong with you! lol. I'm a HUGE fan of the oldschool games. Yet I LOVE Prime. Prime in fact is, in my eyes, virtually flawless. I reviewed it a 10 personally. 
  http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2009/10/06/metroid-prime-review-samus-returns-to-gaming-in-glorious-3d-from-an-all-new-perspective.htm
 
And just for reference (or "proof" I guess you can say) here's my reviews of Metroid 1 AND Super Metroid: 
 
Metroid 1
  http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2006/05/27/classic-review-metroid.htm
 
Super Metroid:
 http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2006/07/08/super-metroid-review-metroid-series.htm 
 
Metroid Prime was brilliant in how it perfectly translated all the elements that made the classic games great into 3D while expanding on the story elements via scanning in a non-intrusive way. Not to mention that the boss fights were amazing, each enemy had to be tackled differently, the power-ups were awesome and you truly felt more and more powerful as you progressed, the environments and music were great, and the game revolutionized the way first-person games were seen and played by making you FEEL like you were Samus. Guts got on the visor, fog obstructed your view, how your display would get fuzzy from interference from machines. It was AWESOME. No reason you can't love the classic and the new equally.
#28 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

My favorite is Super Metroid 
 
Why?  It's very simple.
 
The Best There Is 
The Best There Was 
The Best There Ever Will Be

#29 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -
@astrotriforce said:
Metroid Prime was brilliant in how it perfectly translated all the elements that made the classic games great into 3D while expanding on the story elements via scanning in a non-intrusive way. Not to mention that the boss fights were amazing, each enemy had to be tackled differently, the power-ups were awesome and you truly felt more and more powerful as you progressed, the environments and music were great, and the game revolutionized the way first-person games were seen and played by making you FEEL like you were Samus. Guts got on the visor, fog obstructed your view, how your display would get fuzzy from interference from machines. It was AWESOME. No reason you can't love the classic and the new equally. "
For me its a case where the end result is less than the sum of its parts. All the things your saying seem cool, but then when you go to play it, its just not. I think its because as a FPS it sorta sucks. It has the N64 Golden Eye way of shooting and, although I loved Golden Eye, I think I played this game after playing Halo making me wish the game controlled the same way. I felt like scanning shit was the dumbest most repetitive and pointless thing ever. All a was doing was going around scanning stuff, and then waiting for Samus to lock on to enemies so I can hit a button and kill them. I just never had fun playing the game. I never beat it, but through what I played there was nothing to really get me excited. There was never a time where I was like, man I really wanna keep playing this game.
#30 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

Prime 3.

#31 Posted by ShadowMountain (226 posts) -

Either Prime or Fusion but I ended up voting Fusion because that was F-ing increadible. Scariest game I've ever played, I wet my pants every time the clone X samus came by.

#32 Posted by ViciousAnchovy (725 posts) -

I voted for Super Metroid, but Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is very close for me.

#33 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

Super metroid is God.
#34 Posted by JeanM (61 posts) -

The younger audience here should REALLY buy Super Metroid on VC. As much as I love the Prime trilogy, it just doesn't come close to the perfection that is Super Metroid.  
 
Now go get one of the greatest games of all time for a measly 8 bucks. DO IT NOW!!!