What the hell is coming out on the 360 this year?

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hunkulese

Will I ever turn my 360 on again? What exclusives besides Gears are coming out this year. Both the ps3 and pc have some potentially phenomenal games announced. Am I just forgetting something or does the 3DS have a more exciting lineup announced this year?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#2  Edited By Kidavenger

You know there is going to be another Forza and Dance Central game this year, maybe some sweet SmartGlass game will come out!

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mwng

I found this thing to be pretty helpful. Though it's likely a little out of date in terms of new announcements.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The next Xbox will likely be released, so the library for the 360 is dead.

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Aaron_G

Stuff is still coming, but I think must people believe the new Xbox will be unveiled at E3 and probably released this holiday season.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By colourful_hippie

Wait till E3, but I'm expecting a big focus on the next console.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

I think the main draw to getting stuff on 360 is that usually the crowd is bigger for multiplayer and they also get DLC first usually as well as a lot of times the Ps3 ports end up being less than stellar.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uhtaree

Gears, Baby! Woo!

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@mwng: That IS helpful. Huh, so despite having the fewest exclusives, it remains the only console to support EVERY multi-platform release. Weird.

I own everything there except a Wii U. 2013 is going to be a hell of a year!

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ExplodeMode

I didn't realize how done MS was with the 360. They might be lining up a monster launch.

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By kgb0515

@mwng: That is really depressing seeing as I don't plan on buying the next MS device for a while after it launches. I guess it's going to be a PS3, and PC kinda year for me.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Vinny_Says

Man....it's like sony last year.

I'm sure summer of arcade will have a gem or two at least and hey....probably a new console this fall.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Everything that is coming to PS3 minus The Last of Us, Beyond two Souls and God of War Ascension. Ok, I see your point, what is coming out on 360?

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hunkulese
@mwng thanks for the list. It does look like it's time to box up the 360.
blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blueduck

Dark souls 2

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By JoeyRavn

Oh, man, PC rocks.

nutta27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By nutta27

Wow ms are really lacking on content a 2nd rate gear game and that's it.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I think most are expecting Microsoft to announce the successor to the 360 this year. That would explain the pretty much non-existent exclusives line-up this year (not that the 360 has ever had a large exclusives library...).

Worcanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Worcanna

I do kinda laugh a little bit each E3 where their exclusives reel lasts maybe 2 minutes and the rest consists of making a idiots out of themselves a little or talking about games you can get else where. I half expected last year for them to come out with some beers and talk about years past. :) heh.

Though, il be fair. They do always get the third party games which is cool. I don't own one, i lost my temper with breaking consoles early on. Though, that graph makes me again....angry at nintendo. -_- Im glad i own a PS3.....and...vita...*Cries* WHAT DOES THE NEW STUFF SUCK!

ShatterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShatterShock

Between Metal Gear Rising, Injustice, Grand Theft Auto V, maybe Tomb Raider and Splinter Cell and whatever XBLA games catch my fancy along the way, I'll be giving my 360 plenty of love in the first half of the year. Things are a bit more murky when you get to the second half of the year, but we all know why that is.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jdh5153

Who cares about exclusives? There will be plenty of great games to play on a 360 this year, but if you expect anything amazing you're better off waiting until you get your 720 at the end of the year. Will be reserving mine as soon as they allow you to.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@jdh5153 said:

Who cares about exclusives?

Are you serious?

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Aetheldod

Games maybe? D:

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By hollitz

Last year I think I plugged in my 360 to play Fez and AC3. This year I'll plug it in to finish Dust from last year, but I can't really think of anything else. I mostly use my 360 to play multiplatform games since they are usually better on the 360, but lately they've been better on the PC. Assuming that trend continues, not sure I see myself buying into an Xbox next gen. None of the exclusive franchises do much for me.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By musclerider

@Worcanna said:

*Cries* WHAT DOES THE NEW STUFF SUCK!

This is pure gold.

jhevans51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jhevans51

I was honestly wondering this myself just this morning. That chart is very telling.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ch3burashka

Seems a bit early to be bitching that you don't have anything to play. First of all, the back catalog is big enough - find something you haven't played. Second of all, it's January 10th. Maybe give the year a second to ramp up before getting all indignant about it.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28  Edited By me3639

@mwng:

Nice graph. Year of the PS3 and PC without a doubt, again. My Xbox is starting to turn into one of those Wii(u) dust collectors i have been hearing about.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jdh5153

@FluxWaveZ said:

@jdh5153 said:

Are you serious?

Yes. Everyone is all like "oh look what I have and you can't have". Who gives a fuck. There will be plenty of fun games on every console. Just play the fucking games.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@jdh5153 said:

Yes. Everyone is all like "oh look what I have and you can't have". Who gives a fuck. There will be plenty of fun games on every console. Just play the fucking games.

And maybe the fun games of one console would be more appealing to someone than what the other has to offer. Consoles aren't cheap and exclusives are an important part of which one decides to buy.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KittyVonDoom

People are going to be so bummed out when there's no new console announcement this year, instead, a new Kinect.

Oops. Spoiled it.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Sad that when digital downloads just had an amazing year where they were most of the best games of the year, no one thinks about them.

XBLA has a nice exclusive lineup this year.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jdh5153

@FluxWaveZ said:

@jdh5153 said:

And maybe the fun games of one console would be more appealing to someone than what the other has to offer. Consoles aren't cheap and exclusives are an important part of which one decides to buy.

Yeah....6 years ago. Anyone who's sitting here like "hmm should I get a 360 of PS3 in 2013 for the exclusives" is retarded. If you already have a 360, just play the games that are fun, whether they're on the PS3 and PC as well or not. GTA V is coming to the 360 this year. Bioshock. Modern Warfare 4. There will be plenty to play.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By GunstarRed

As long as Gears is good I'm happy. I think the Wii-U looks the most promising of the consoles seeing as it has the two Platinum games.

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kpaadet

@ArtisanBreads: I think you're right, but I also think most people want more than just XBLA games I know I do.

Worcanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Worcanna

@musclerider: :( Yea yea. sorry.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@kpaadet said:

@ArtisanBreads: I think you're right, but I also think most people want more than just XBLA games I know I do.

I'm cool with third parties and XBLA. Super Time Force, Skulls of the Shogun, and Battleblock Theatre look like more fun than almost any title Sony's putting out. I know more is better but I don't even find any of the PS3 lineup appealing besides The Last of Us and I just got a new PC, so I'm not really the guy to talk to.

And if you're just playing games it's cool, but system warz type Sony fanboys are funny because this last year for PS3.... nice exclusives. My PS3 has been collecting dust.

Really looking forward to Last of Us though.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Anund

@ArtisanBreads said:

@kpaadet said:

I'm cool with third parties and XBLA. Super Time Force, Skulls of the Shogun, and Battleblock Theatre look like more fun than almost any title Sony's putting out. I know more is better but I don't even find any of the PS3 lineup appealing besides The Last of Us and I just got a new PC, so I'm not really the guy to talk to.

And if you're just playing games it's cool, but system warz type Sony fanboys are funny because this last year for PS3.... nice exclusives. My PS3 has been collecting dust.

Funny you're calling out Sony fanboys while writing the only post in this thread which reeks of fanboyism.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Anund said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@kpaadet said:

Funny you're calling out Sony fanboys while writing the only post in this thread which reeks of fanboyism.

Haha I'm a fanboy? I own a PS3. What is fanboyish about what I said? Sorry I'm not interested in the new God of War or David Cage joint.

If all the XBLA games I mentioned were getting released on PC I wouldn't even play them on Xbox. My Xbox hasn't been used since I got my PC. Maybe some are but I think most are only XBLA. They look great.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They'll be some Arcade titles I'm sure. Otherwise just wait for the next Xbox.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Anund

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Anund said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@kpaadet said:

Haha I'm a fanboy? I own a PS3. What is fanboyish about what I said? Sorry I'm not interested in the new God of War.

"I'm not racist man, I know a black dude."

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Anund said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Anund said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@kpaadet said:

Haha I'm a fanboy? I own a PS3. What is fanboyish about what I said? Sorry I'm not interested in the new God of War.

Oh man, GREAT ANALOGY.

As I edited in, if all the XBLA games I mentioned were getting released on PC I wouldn't even play them on Xbox. My Xbox hasn't been used since I got my PC. Maybe some are but I think most are only XBLA. They look great.

My bad for not liking David Cage games though.

Digital downloads need to be recognized in exclusives because last year a lot of the best games were digital downloads. I guess I'm a DD fanboy though.

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Bobstar

@Anund said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Anund said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@kpaadet said:

Wow, worst reply ever.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GalacticPunt

Man, the chart confirms that Gears is the ONLY platform exclusive lined up for this year. Of course, most of the big multi-plat games will still sell the best on 360.

It looks like Microsoft wants throw a big switch at E3 this year, and get everyone on the new Xbox FAST at all costs. No "ten-year-cycle", no overlapping platforms, just "forget that old garbage ever existed, you want the NEW Xbox!" Like the transition from the first Xbox to the 360.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#45  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Demoskinos said:

I think the main draw to getting stuff on 360 is that usually the crowd is bigger for multiplayer and they also get DLC first usually as well as a lot of times the Ps3 ports end up being less than stellar.

Not really. Most ports these days between 360 and PS3 are on par.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46  Edited By haggis

@jdh5153 said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@jdh5153 said:

Are you serious?

I'm with you. I don't get the grousing about exclusives, since MS has been pretty up front about not bothering much with fighting for them now that the consoles are on their last stretch. Exclusives mattered more when people were choosing which console to back earlier this generation. Everyone has made the choice now, and MS doesn't care. The list of PS3 exclusives isn't exactly long either--so I doubt Sony cares much either.

Most games are multiplatform now, and have been for awhile. This is not news.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#47  Edited By Bollard

@mwng: PC killing it. Good year has come.

2012 was a blow out all round (not just PC), hopefully this'll make up for it.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By amir90

Wait, there is a Hobbit game coming out?

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sanity

Dont think Microsoft even cares at this point, they already are in full gear on next gen tweaking at this point i imagine. I think they want to have a better launch line-up then they had for the 360 being that they wont be the only new console out this time around.