What was the first videogame you played?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

For me, it was Mega Man 3.

Back when Capcom had the midas touch for music

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bigsocrates  Online

I have no idea. Probably some random arcade game in the early 80s. Centipede, Pac-Man, something like that.

I got one of the earliest NES sets in the US with ROB, Gyromite and Duck Hunt back when it was still in test markets and not even nationwide yet, so one of those might be my first console game but I'd already played arcade games and games on my dad's PC at that point.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Pretty sure it was OG Mario/Duckhunt Combo

But the first game that I truly played was Super Mario World. Still arguably my favorite game. Kudos for Super Mario World for rekindling that love this year and being a fantastic entry for my kids into the platformer space.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't know if it was the first, but my mom told me she bought our Genesis after I went to a neighbor's house who had one, and the only game I remember playing there was Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures. So, I might be the only person on planet earth that got into video games because of Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By AV_Gamer

That's a good question. I'm tempted to say the Dunk Hunt and Geromite game on the NES. But I might have played some arcade games before then, like Centipede or Galaga. I also had a friend in the same apartment I lived in before I got my NES, and he had an Atari 2600 with Mr. Do and Donkey Kong.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very first may be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at an arcade. But if we're talking only consoles I'd wager it was probably Super Mario Bros. or Donkey Kong.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Geez idk. Something at the arcade like Pac man or Space Invaders.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Ben_H

Probably Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario Bros. 3. Those two games, Duck Hunt, some Snoopy Olympics game, and a few others were all the games we had for NES and what I started playing when I was 3. I was born in the early 90s. My family wasn't very wealthy so an NES and a Genesis were all we had until like 1999 but I never played the Genesis. Both of those consoles were my older brother's (my brother's choice of Genesis games was atrocious. We have a copy of Awesome Possum Kick Dr. Machino's Butt. I'm not kidding).

I think the first game I ever owned myself was Sonic 2 for the Genesis. I remember my mom buying me a copy of it from the bargain bin at Zellers (which was basically Canadian Target) when I was 4 or so. I still have it somewhere.

I had this weird experience a couple years ago where I played SMB3 for the first time since I was a kid and it unlocked some weird memory. I somehow have every level from that game memorized even though I hadn't played it in over 25 years. I guess I must have played it a lot.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't know for sure. The first console I remember having is an NES, on which I remember playing all sorts of stuff, from Super Mario to Zelda to Ninja Gaiden to Duck Hunt. But as to which was first, I was too young and the memory didn't stick.

(For that matter, I don't remember which game I first played on the Sega Genesis, either. But if I had to bet, it was probably Altered Beast, since that was the original pack-in.)

Drumroll7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Lion King for MS-DOS.. I played it on my father's PC and I have no idea why we had it. He never plays video games, I should ask him.

gcg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spin-Out! for Odyssey 2 lol

No Caption Provided

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Striker (1985)

Though i played it in the early 90's because my uncle had a computer.

Loading Video...

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cornfed40

Mighty Bomb Jack or Star Control

goosemunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Antarctic Adventure probably. Simplistic by today's standards and very much eclipsed by its way-superior sequel Penguin Adventure (the best game Hideo Kojima was ever involved in making if you ask me)

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Today I learned: I’m the opposite of an elder millennial. A junior millennial? What I mean is a lot of these responses predate me more than I thought they would.

Probably the first games I can think of playing (or watching someone older play for extended periods of time) were Super Mario Bros 3 (not anywhere close to current when I first saw it) and Sonic 2 at an uncle’s house, and/or watching an older neighbour kid play or let me play Super Mario World, Zelda: Link to the Past, and shareware Doom.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Game & Watch: Parachute.