What was your biggest Let down of the Year? Decade?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By TheHBK

With so many people talking about the decade and the year ending, I thought it would be insightful to see what people remembered as their biggest letdown of not only the year, but the decade.

Killzone 2:  Weighty controls make for perhaps realistic movement, but it sure as hell makes the game less fun, at least for me.  Beautiful graphics with gameplay that is not all there.  (Why do these fools take more damage instead of being hard to hit or more accurate at killing you?)  And story... wow, never did I find a story in such a hyped up game to be so lacking in characters and sense.  How do you make it to the capital and capture the leader after you had all the your ships and commanders blown to shit?

Ensemble Closes down.  Halo Wars was good but definitely not as good as Age of Empires 2 even to this day.  And this leaves me with no hope for an official patch for AOE2 for widescreen support and no hope for AOE4.

Decade
Wrestling games.  For me WWF No Mercy was the pinnacle of wrestling fun, but as Jeff always points out, they try too hard to make these games play like sports games instead of being crazy and simple to play.  Why have they not been able to figure out the clipping issues?

Metal Gear series.  MGS2, oh man I just go back to play the Tanker chapter and thats it.  With Raiden being  a bitch, and a gay vampire that somehow can't die, and a whiny bitch that cries about not dying, this game was such a let down.  Then MGS3... fighting an old guy.... a guy made of bees, and a ghost?  MGS4... Big Boss is still alive... the Patriots are just people you met in MGS3.... all the while the gameplay really doesnt get better and feels dated.  The original MGS was such a great game and had characters and story.  Which makes this decade so hard to swallow.

yeahno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By yeahno

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
I'M A BADASS LOOK AT ME. THIS BADITUDE WILL MAKE ME POPULAR. SCREW THE OLD CHARMING AWESOME ME. BLOOD AND HEAVY METAL'S WHERE IT'S AT WHEN IT COMES TO PERSIA. FUCK YEAH

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By EpicSteve

Spore, nuff' said.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By gla55jAw

Killzone 2 - the controls are terrible. I tried to like it, I really did, but playing it just made me want to go and play (at the time) COD: WaW on my 360, so that's what I did. The Dualshock 3 is not made for FPSs.