What was your favorite thing about the VGXs?

• 67 results
brett990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Edited By brett990

Poll What was your favorite thing about the VGXs? (191 votes)

New game announcements 24%
Trailers 12%
Awards 1%
Demos 2%
The GTA V concert 10%
Nothing, It was awful 51%
 • 
Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Crembaw

My favorite thing was not watching it and then getting to bask in the splendor and terror that is unbridled, infuriated arguments over trivial bits for which I have no context. In other places, of course. This thread seems mostly cordial.

Jacktrote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Jacktrote

Out of the 3 hours I wasted watching it?

The two minutes of Witcher 3's Wild Hunt specter talking sexy smack.

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

potatoes

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Joel McHale ripping apart Geoff Keighley's "professional host" facade in the final moments.

Khronikos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Khronikos

Gamers are forever going to be known as illiterate tweens if Pewdiepie is the face of many of them. I like that he does some charity here and there.... and that is about it. I honestly am embarrassed to even call myself a gamer when the things that the public is shown to reflect gamers are the VGXs and pewdiepie. Seriously, man, it is just so bad, so trivial and worthless, and so revolting in the worst way. This show is just a bad reflection on gamers. That gaming is becoming mainstream doesn't really move the medium forward at all. It just confuses developers who want to satisfy this huge mass more than anything. Wake me up when games even start approaching a decent flick. When people have youtube channels that are not a bunch of wild tween men rambling on about the nothing.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#56  Edited By sammo21

Joe Mchale making fun of Geoff Keighley was the best part of the night. Geoff was insanely bad, the production values were non-existent, the rappers were insufferable, and most of the footage and awards were bad. People have crapped on Joe Mchale but he honestly would have killed it if Geoff had not been there to play the role of my "not getting mother" with all of Joe's material.

Loading Video...

Khronikos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joel was the best. I don't understand how people don't like this dude. Only thing real about this whole ridiculous show.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By buneroid

@crithon said:

It's hard for me to imagine Geoff going to the bathroom. There were so many layers visible, there were more under that. Just layers upon layers upon layers just an infinite void of layers. So I'm concerned for his colon at this point, his belly and bad posture are a product of poor health and lack of exercise. The jokes about him being dead on the inside might be even true so we can't pretend to be sad when the inevitable happens

No Caption Provided

Holy shit this is fantastic.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hardcore Dave cameo.

Yeah, this was pretty great. The trailers were all just alright and I didn't even watch the GTA thing. There were awards?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm very confused as to what happened to the production value. It's always been seem huge event with a giant crowd and big stage.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The recaps on the blogs. I like watching the E3 press conferences, and watched the VGA's a few times, but when it comes down to it, they're all bullshit and I'd rather glance over the important stuff in 5 seconds rather than devoting the 1-3 hours they take.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joel and the game announcements / trailers / gameplay footage.

Was thrown off by the new setting quite a bit.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#63  Edited By monkeyking1969

You know what if they can't make an awards show, why not just have Sony, MS, Nintendo, EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Capcom, Namco, Konomi, 2K, and everyoen else eahc make 20-30 minutes videos presentation that are SENT to all the major game and media outlets who want to cover what is said. The releases of them can be staggered or all come out on one day...I don't care.

Since they are short a outlet like GB could cover three or four in a day with a live steam of them watching then 30 minutes of post video commentary after. It woudl be a long day, but not as hard as e3.

The industry seems to want to make some early Dec announcements, so why not just do THAT. Sorry, the general public even if they do buy a PS4s and XBO will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER EVER care to watch a TV show about games. Such shows draw only gamers who get angry...why even try to capture a common people audiences when they don't give a damn. The general public wants CoD, Madden, and once ever five years a GTA. The people who watch Spike are mostly gamers...and we hate it.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After the first 45 minutes, I left and went to Taco Bell. That was all right.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By stryker1121

I know Keighley seems like an empty shell of a corporate suck-up, but...wait I had something for this.

thugg1280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#67  Edited By thugg1280

it was all bad son.