What's the best story you experienced in a JRPG?

• 102 results
Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Mother 1-3, Xenogears, Persona 4, Chrono Trigger, Nier

Yeah shoutouts to Crisis Core, corny at times but honestly very well done. With some more limelight and more polish in the right places, and like...not a PSP game it would have been a modern classic.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

If Nier is a JRPG that was a pretty good story.

The 3rd Birthday had a pretty messed up story

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

(Jrpg)

Persona 4: Fantastic setting and characters with actually believable conflict and pathos. Not wanting to jam a pencil into my eyesocket from a JRPG cast is a small goddamn miracle. I was sold that these were basically a bunch of normal teenagers sucked into something way over their heads. Not to mention most writers would never touch issues like sexual and gender identity without coming off as preachy or hacky. Just imagine if the writing staff from Dragon Age 2 attempted to write some of the LGBT characters in the cast. After of course they were done drooling on their shoes.

(Western)

Fallout 2: Still the greatest PC RPG ever made. Any game that makes Monty Python and Boogie Nights refrences without batting an eye deserves adoration.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Final Fantasy VII or Dragon Quest VIII. I cannot decide between the two of them.