What's the most underrated Multiplayer game of all time?

• 107 results
beefscorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just to name a few, Assassin's Creed 3, Uncharted 2 (though the rest are just as good, but I put lost time into 2), Last of Us actually took up many of my weekend nights when no one else was on. But I have to say my 2 favorites are, and there are a lot of ppl that say I'm wrong and it was only because I was really good at them, Bioshock 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4 online. I really dug the mechanics of both. I mean twitch shooting is great but both of their online's took a lot of thought to play, or at least more than others.

And lastly I want to give a shoutout to the Third Person CoD mode that was in either 2 or 3. I am way better at 3rd person games in general and in that CoD mode I was a beast reg at the top. It was the only time I had to worry about running out of ammo because I lived longer than a minute.

deathwebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conker's Bad fur day multiplayer gave me tons of hours of entertainment.

Not to mention that the campaign was awesome.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I won't make the ridiculous statement that COD3 is actually underrated, but it is one of the very few games (cod or otherwise) where I spent a far larger amount of time playing the mp compared to the (unspeakably bad) sp. Which means that I have a much greater fondness for maps such as "Poisson" than for the usual suspects of Nuketown et al. Also a major plus was that it had an option for online splitscreen (and 4 didn't), something a buddy and I got a lot of use out of.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge

I was the best bulldog pilot hands down routinely going 25-0. I wish that game got a remaster I would rule the skies again.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blur

It's/it was SO good. So sad it's dead as a door-nail now...

WillyOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By the way, Shadowrun is now backwards compatible on Xbox One...

Also I really liked Geist ;D

Avatar image for deactivated-58d0fe182d7c0
deactivated-58d0fe182d7c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conker's Bad fur day multiplayer gave me tons of hours of entertainment.

Not to mention that the campaign was awesome.

Despite running at 4 frames per second on the N64, the heist mode was really excellent.

Avatar image for ashottinthedark
AShottInTheDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mystyr_e: Can't speak to AC3 as I never played it, but very much enjoyed my time with the rest (RE5, RF: Guerilla, and Blur). Really wish we saw a branch of multiplayer shooters embrace the destruction element of Red Faction as it provided a very different element to strategy where no place was truly fully defensible and counters could be played with the manipulation of the environment rather than just changing load outs.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Does Mass Effect 3 count as "underrated?" For what should've been an entirely disposable tacked-on horde mode thing with random loot box-based progression, it sure was better than it had any right to be.

Yup, was gonna me my answer as well. One of the best multiplayer modes I've ever played. Certainly more fun than Gears' horde mode.