What's your favorite Giant Bomb video series?

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By Dragon_Puncher

Poll What's your favorite Giant Bomb video series? (453 votes)

Backflips n' Bioforge 15%
Breaking Brad 11%
Choose our own Adventure 11%
Daily Dota 2%
Demo Derby 21%
Endurance Run: Chrono Trigger 3%
Endurance Run: Deadly Premonition 15%
Endurance Run: Persona 4 41%
Game Room Quick Looks 7%
Game Tapes 13%
GBE Playdate 17%
Giant Bomb Unplugged 7%
Jar Time with Jeff 10%
Kerbal Project B.E.A.S.T. 16%
Load our last Save/Souls 11%
Mario Party Party 32%
Metal Gear Scanlon 17%
Random PC Game 20%
Ranking of Fighters 7%
Running of the Lanterns 2%
Spelunkin' with Scoops 4%
Spookin' with Scoops 2%
T.A.N.G. 9%
Thursday Night Throwdown 8%
Unprofessional Fridays 23%
Vinnyvania 19%
Whiskey Media Happy Hour 6%
Whatever I forgot (be a cool dude and specify in the comments) 3%
You can't force me to decide!! 8%

Hello fellow bombers!
I thought it was about time we ranked some of the awesome video series this website has made in the last 8 (!) years! I put in what I thought was all the big and best ones, and there are a lot, so feel free to pick all your favorite ones.

After some deliberations with the archives, this is my top 10:

1. Endurance Run: Persona 4
    One of the greatest things in the Internet, period. Watch it if you haven't.
  2. Mario Party Party
    The moment I realized I loved this to death, was when I was so sick I couldn't even move while watching Mario Party Party 3 live, and I still felt like Jeff had a worse time than me.
  3. GBE Playdate
    The GBeast crew is just great around and stuff like the Contradiction and Puzzle of Flesh playthroughs is some of the funniest content on the site right now.
  4. Backflips n' Bioforge
    A batshit insane game that only gets weirder as time goes by and bonus Danny O'Dwyer as a regular.
  5. Demo Derby
    As someone who grew up in the 90's and on demo discs, this is a always a great trip down memory lane, especially since Jeff came aboard to add insight to the all the "Totally Radial!" things going on back then.
  6. Game Room Quick Looks
    I realize this is kinda a cheat since it's not on official series, but having just rewatched a chunk of these, holy shit they are still great to this day. Ryan's unrelenting no bullshit stance against these shitty games and the seer fact that you can pay money for them, is especially great.
  7. Metal Gear Scanlon
    I love Metal Gear and while that can some times makes these hard to watch (I couldn't get through MGSV), when they are good, they are really good!
  8. Random PC Game
    Vinny and weird games is pretty much always recipe for something great.
  9. Endurance Run: Deadly Premonition
    Speaking of Vinny and weird games.. The Brad and Ryan run is great in it's own right though.
  10. T.A.N.G.
    I get why GB doesn't spend more time to make highly produced videoes like this was, but I really love it when they do. Great idea and execution.
 • 
OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OMGFather

I just got through watching the Random PC games and they were amazing. Shame they will never finish Blade Runner.

Avatar image for washablemarkers
washablemarkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I know we're only two episodes in but Game Tapes is shaping up to be one of the best series this site has done.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By turboman
  1. Random PC Game
  2. Spelunkin' With Scoops (very underrated, was one of my favorites. helps that Spelunky is top five all time for me)
  3. Endurance Runs
  4. TANG (Need more edited stuff on Giant Bomb)
  5. Mario Party Party
  6. Demo Derby (both entertaining and super informative with Jeff's knowledge of super obscure shit from the past)
  7. Ranking of Fighters (super dumb concept that I can get behind)
  8. Spookin' With Scoops (I'm too much of a scaredy pants to play horror game so Patrick was a good outlet for me)
  9. Backflips 'n Bioforge
  10. Metal Gear Scanlon
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

I like a lot of them (Obviously), but Unprofessional Fridays is my favourite show. For me, it's worth the Premium Subscription on its own.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

TANG is still the best content on the whole site bar none.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love some more Jar Time.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OurSin_360

wow @ tnt only getting 9% of the vote, people realize you can make multiple choices right?

Anyway, not in any order besides how you posted them in the poll

Choose our own Adventure

Endurance Run: Persona 4

Game Room Quick Looks

GBE Playdate

Mario Party Party

Metal Gear Scanlon

Ranking of Fighters

Spelunkin' with Scoops

T.A.N.G.

Thursday Night Throwdown

Unprofessional Fridays

Vinnyvania

I also liked the scoops playing binding of isaac he used to do on here.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ChrisTaran

After thinking about it more, I wish I'd also voted for Spookin' with Scoops. Forgot how much I enjoyed that series.

As someone who can not play horror games at all (I get freaked out easily), it was really fun to watch someone else play them.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

1. E3 After Hours
  2. Spookin' with Scoops
  3. ER: Deadly Premonition
  4. Unprofessional Fridays
  5. The Old Game Stream

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

• GBeast Playdates: This has produced my favorite content on the site last year. Life is Strange, Until Dawn, and Contradiction were all great. Plus the random one off videos like Crusader Kings II were really enjoyable.
  • Mario Party Party: I have watched Mario Party Party's 1 to 3 three times each, and 4 to 5 twice. Please release Mario Party Party 6 soon. It's been too long! And if the plan is doing these live at PAX moving forward, then it will take at least another three years to finish this series. That would be torture!
  • Project B.E.A.S.T.: Along with the Playdates, this has arguably produced the consistently best content on the site in a while, especially when they are trying to get off Kerbin, getting to the Mun, and finally landing safely back on Kerbin.
  • Metal Gear Scanlon: Specifically MGS1 and MGS2. MGS3 was also really good once Drew decided to actually play the game how it was meant to be played, instead of rushing things because crawling through the bushes wouldn't be interesting. MGS4 was good too, but it kind of had the MGS1 problem which I didn't realize when I saw somebody else playing through the game--there isn't actually a lot of game to it. And I basically watched only two episodes of MGSV. (I spent 110 hours playing through that game. I'm not going to watch somebody else do a let's play of that game) That said, the early days of Metal Gear Scanlon were glorious.
  • Unprofessional Fridays: This is really great as a variety show sort of thing and it is a good way to end the week. I have trouble watching older episodes, even if I missed on from a few weeks ago. Watching the shows live or over the weekend are fantastic though.
  • Endurance Run: Persona 4: This is still a work in progress for me, but this is my favorite game, so watching Jeff and Vinny play through it has been an amazing experience so far. I'm about a third through the series at the moment, where the guys are trying to rescue Rise. (I'm the guy who is current making the Best Of series that's been featured on the Community Spotlight)
BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BrainScratch

You forgot Flight Club and Betting the FarmVille!

Here's my picks (in no particular order and having in mind that I joined the website in 2014 so some of the older stuff I only watched archived):

Demo Derby;
Game Tapes;
Metal Gear Scanlon;
Random PC Game;
T.A.N.G.;
Whiskey Media Happy Hour;
Unprofessional Fridays;
Flight Club;
Betting the FarmVille;

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the Mario Maker shows, but I ultimately chose Playdates because they're all the way amazing.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dragon_Puncher

@johnymyko said:

You forgot Flight Club and Betting the FarmVille!

Here's my picks (in no particular order and having in mind that I joined the website in 2014 so some of the older stuff I only watched archived):

Demo Derby;

Game Tapes;

Metal Gear Scanlon;

Random PC Game;

T.A.N.G.;

Whiskey Media Happy Hour;

Unprofessional Fridays;

Flight Club;

Betting the FarmVille;

Damn, I'm sad about forgetting Flight Club, it definitely deserves to be there!

Betting the FarmVille is one I deliberately left of the list, because I didn't want the whole thing to be 50+ choices, so I left of some of the ones I didn't think would be too popular.

And in case I didn't make it clear enough in the OP. You can vote more than once!

Edit:

After seeing peoples responses and just for the heck of it, here's a bunch of other video series that I either didn't include on purpose or just forgot in the original list.

Alt+F1 Track Walk
Arcade Archives Quick Looks
Betting the FarmVille
The Binding of Patrick
Bombing the AM with Scoops and the Wolf
Capcom Arcade Cabinet Quick Looks
Encyclopedia Bombastica
Flight Club
Giant Bomb Makes Mario
How to Build a BEAST
How to Build a Bomb
I Love Mondays
Jurassic Lark
The Matrix Online: Not Like This
The Old Games Show
The Olympic Games Olympiad
Patrick drinks coffee and answers questions videos
Prepare to Joust
Professional Wednesdays
Question of the Week
Us vs Them: Rocket League (there's two videos, so lets call it a series)

If we counts video series as something with more than one video, taken place over more than one day and with a central theme, that's probably most of them.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#14  Edited By fisk0  Moderator
  1. Random PC Game
  2. Project B.E.A.S.T.
  3. Flight Club
  4. The Old Games Show / Jeff Plays C64 (the latter usually aren't archived on the site)
  5. Spelunkin' with Scoops
  6. Load Our Last Save
  7. Breaking Brad
  8. GBEAST Playdate
  9. Jar Time
  10. Mario Party Party

I guess. Nothing past top 5 really have set positions. I guess Kerbal and Spelunky were the only streams where they returned to the same game over and over that I really loved. I usually just find it way more interesting when they did through old games they haven't touched in years or never played before.

That's not to say I haven't enjoyed their endurance runs, choose your own adventures, souls streams and the likes, but usually around 3 episodes in I stop watching because I want to play that stuff myself instead (but they've certainly been effective in convincing me to purchase stuff like Life is Strange, Bioforge and Contradiction).

talizorah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing can quite compete with the majesty that was the P4 Endurance Run but everything that's come out of GBEast has been great and UPF is a good staple. Plus Mario Party Party is an amazing mess

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

P4 ER is the greatest content the site has ever produced.

RPCG produced the content that came close to matching that quality.

I miss TNT, weren't always the most entertaining, but when there was a good TNT, it was fucking boss.

meissnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Load Your Last Souls is severely underrepresented. It wasn't the longest but boy was it thrilling to watch. The Artorias fight is some of the greatest stuff on this site.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#19 FinalDasa  Moderator

No Video Thing? No How to ____ a Bomb?!

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Video Thing? No How to ____ a Bomb?!

I don't think "Video Thing" counts as a series, it was just a designation for videos that didn't really fit in anywhere else. I tried to only pick stuff that was made with a clear connection in mind.

"How to Build a Bomb" should have been there though, totally forgot about it. And that's why there's a "Whatever I forgot" option :)

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

The Persona 4 Endurance Run is the easy choice, not surprised it's dominating this poll. It's best the 100 hours of video on the internet.

manqy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

*Checks off everything with Vinny*

Done.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

I like when the crew does a quick look for a sports game

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I don't think there's any other piece of content on the site that captures the full spectrum of emotions that the Persona 4 Endurance Run evokes from both the crew and the fans by the very nature of its length and focus on one game. You have Jeff and Vinny, the two funniest guys in GB, at their best, interacting with the quirky charm and darkness of Persona 4. You can sense how Jeff and Vinny's feelings toward the game evolve from comedic derision to emotional obsession.

There's some of that magic with their Endurance Run of Deadly Premonition which I also love, but there's just that epic journey feeling that can only come with tackling a 100-hour JRPG that the DPER misses.

The only modern video series that comes close is the GBEast crew playing Life is Strange from Choose Our Own Adventure to the Playdate series. It also helps that the Until Dawn and Contradiction videos were great too!

I didn't find much entertainment from watching Load Our Last Save, but the Souls playthroughs were great. I would pay more if the GBEast crew would do something similar for Vinny with Bloodborne. I feel like he'll never find time to actually play through the game at home, and this would be one way for him to experience the brilliance of the one true 2015 GOTY.

Spelunkin' With Scoops is underrated, definitely. My favorite Patrick produced content for sure. He's also great in Backlfips N' Bioforge!

MGScanlon used to be entertaining. MGSV is just torturous to watch now, and I love that game. Why Dan and Drew still decided to go through with it when they both clearly aren't enjoying themselves with the actual game leads me to believe that the views/downloads are still good. We can't seem to look away!

But if there's one good thing that's intentionally a masochistic experience that Dan brought into GB, it's Mario Party Party. Now that is a fun "bad" time for everyone.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Running of the Lanterns is so underappreciated.

porjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

TANGGGGGGGGGG

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These results are insane, Spelunkin' with Scoops was soooooo good.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By Rafaelfc
  • Backflips n' bioforge
  • Breaking Brad
  • Demo Derby
  • Endurance Run: Deadly Premonition
  • Endurance Run: Persona 4
  • Game Tapes
  • GBE Playdate
  • Kerbal Project B.E.A.S.T.
  • Load our last save/souls
  • Mario Party Party
  • Random PC Game
  • Ranking of Fighters
  • Vinnyvania

We're playing Dark Souls too was a cool lil' feature with check ins on Dark Souls 2 progress from Vinny, Brad and Rorie. Too bad Vinny basically beat the game real fast and Brad and Rorie just stopped playing altogether.

There Will Be Bloodborne was a nice idea, unfortunately Jeff quit playing the game halfway through.

Teach Me Monster Hunter, Jason was also a great idea for a feature that was never never followed through.

Breaking Brad getting the shaft... the full runs through DOOM 2, Devil May Cry, Volgarr and Demon's Souls were all incredible content.

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BelowStupid
  1. Persona
  2. How to build a bomb
  3. Load our last souls
  4. Demo Derby
  5. Random PC
  6. Vinnyvania
  7. Chrono Trigger
  8. Project Beast
  9. Backflips N' Bioforge
  10. Metal Gear Scanlon

GBeast or bust

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Random PC Game and Flight Club.

What can I say, Dave & Vinny are my favourite combination.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JasonMasters

I'm a huge fan of the Chrono Trigger ER and the Old Games show, honestly. Watching people play older games that I will never play is pretty great.

EDIT: @dragon_puncher you forgot the Old Games Show :)

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a toss up between The Deadly Premonition ER with VinDawg/Brett and Backflips N' Bioforge, both are virtuosic performances of the highest caliber of their craft.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By Tom_omb

Where's Mail Bag or Worth Playing?

This is tricky for me. I watch almost all of the content, but my favorite things are specific quick looks, segments within Unprofessional Fridays, or one off events (like the Wii U launch coverage). Otherwise I'm just soaking in the bomb crew doing what they do.

I know it has a cult following here, but I'm still shocked to see how high the Persona Endurance run is ranked. It came before I was regularly watching videos on the site, but I did attempt to watch it. The 10 minute segments kind of broke it for me.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which is the one that Vinny's in? Yeah that one

beanswater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow I forgot to vote UPF, that was dumb - also, since it wasn't on the list whatever they called the Sim games.

Simulation Station my recommendation if they need a name. Every damn time Drew has written notes and a custom check list and every time there's twenty minutes of alarms and possible fires before they get off the ground / start driving and immediately wreck. Fantastic

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GB Makes Mario is fantastic. Though TANG will always hold a special place in my heart.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39  Edited By Slaps2

ERP4!!! The one that started it all!