what's your gaming marathon?

spencer_twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By spencer_twin

What was the longest session of gaming have you participated in and what items do you need to survive such events?
Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I took part in Sarcastic Gamer's ExtraLife charity, 24 hours of gaming. I was fueled by Turkey sandwiches and tea in the early going, then Pizza Rolls and Red Bull towards the end.

My longest non-charity gaming marathons would probably be about 8 hours long. I'm not sure if that would be WoW, Oblivion, or some RPGs from my past when I had more free time. Fueled by lots of Pizza Rolls and Vault / Surge.

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By themartyr

Longest I did was from 6pm until 11am, playing various games on Xbox Live. Took an hour's break at about 3am to go and buy some chocolate and a litre bottle of imitation Red Bull. 

That was pretty much 3-4 nights a week in my first year at university (college).

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By jimi

When starcraft 2 came out me and my friends had a LAN party (even though there was no LAN support...) that lasted around 30 hours.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By iam3green

17 hours of playing wow a couple of times. i would do nothing special to stay up that late. i would eat regularly and drink lemonade.

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Probably just over 12 hours at a time of Final Fantasy VII. Which happened almost everyday while I was on summer break.

RadixNegative2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By RadixNegative2

24 hours or so of socom 2

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I played Persona 3 from 8 PM to 2 AM every day for an entire month.

That's about 6 consecutive hours a day.

rpoland123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rpoland123

I played Dragon Age 2 for 13 hrs on Thursday but my longest is 24 hrs of COD 4 12pm-12pm

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Hizang

Longest gaming marathon for me was probbaly Oblivion, I have spent entire dlays playing nothing but Oblivion before
jelekeloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jelekeloy

About 8 hours or so playing games online with friends is usually the most I can handle.  The only time I've played a whole (long-ish) game all the way through was when I beat Ratchet:Deadlocked co-op with my brother, but even that was only about 6 PM to 2:30 AM if I remember correctly.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By phrosnite

I have been on "game nights" a few times so 15 hours none stop...
Also Dragon Age Origins - 10 days straight, 10 hours each day. Dragon Age 2 - 5 days straight, 12 hours each day. Food? Hmm... dunno the usual stuff... although I don't feel hunger when I'm playing games...

P.S. - I'm european so I'm skinny :)

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mnzy

I went to LANs where we did not sleep, so probably something of 48+ hours.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#14  Edited By pyromagnestir

Mass Effect 2, the only game I ever stayed up all night to keep playing, started around 7ish pm and I can't remember when I stopped, but I defenitely went into the afternoon.  Only break I took was at 8 in the morning  for about 15 minutes to walk the dog.  Only reason I did it was because I had to walk the dog in the morning, and I didn't think I'd be able to wake up early enough to walk him at the proper time.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was in high school I played Morrowind for over 24 hours straight (obviously excluding bathroom or beverage breaks) once when I was sick. I forget exactly how it happened, but when I went to save, the power went off for a second or maybe the game just froze as it was prone to do, and I lost all my progress. I didn't touch the game again for several months. 

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By penguindust

Hell, when I was still playing WOW, I'd do 16 hours Friday and then another 16 hours Saturday followed by 8 on Sunday.  The only reason I didn't do another 16 on Sunday was because I had to work Monday morning. 

I don't play that game anymore. :-)

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aus_azn

My first Persona 4 experience was 8 hours long; Dragon Age 2 has been 5 hours nightly for the past week; MW2 was a 9PM-2AM deal every night when it came out for about 3 weeks.

All of these sessions were fueled with green tea and clementines/watermelon. I can't down caffeine; it literally puts me to sleep faster.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#18  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Hmm.  Probably Fallout New Vegas, for about twelve hours?  I can't recall, but I think I was mowing down fools with the help of quesadillas, rum and Cokes, and hard candies.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By amir90

Depends does food/bathroom breaks count?
If so, 12-15 hours I guess, lol.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Nux

I played Fallout New Vagas for 7 hours when I first got it. The only food/ drink I had was a  2 letter bottle of Orange Crush and a box of donuts.
JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21  Edited By JTB123

In recent memory, easily Halo Reach. Midnight launch, was playing from around 12:20 a.m. until 6:30 a.m. the next day. Solo Legendary took around 9 hours, then just played loads of MP with friends. Was an awesome time.

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NakAttack

A little preface before I get into my longest marathon, I have had insomnia since I was a kid. So anyways, my longest session would have to be beating GTA4 to completion in less than 30 hours in one go. 

No Caption Provided
csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By csl316

We used to do 10 hour sessions on a regular basis.  But maybe 12 was the max.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Black, one sitting of 4 hours, Riddick: Butcher Bay, one sitting of 6 hours and Mass Effect 2, one sitting of 10 hours. Not much, but it's something.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

When I was a kid my neighbor and I would have 'sleepovers' where we just stayed up all night playing video games. We'd start at six or seven the night before and play until noon the next day or so. Rock n' Roll Racing, Killer Instinct, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Secret of Mana, etc. Many Mountain Dews and bags of popcorn were had. Good times.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By butano

Hmm....not sure. 
I know my roommate and I played Halo 3 on Legendary on my first playthrough the day it came out. Probably took about 8 hours or so with no breaks and then sleeping through class the next day.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Has to be my 7 Day Survivor run in Dead Rising. That was a long ass day/night...

Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Badhands

About 28 hours of WoW lan, only breaks to get Taco Bell, Pizza and drinks. Dark time in my youth >< haha

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By Jaktajj

After losing someone close to me, I lost myself in video games for some time. I remember I would often play Diablo 2 after getting up on weekends at about 8am til about 1-2am the next morning stopping for lunch/dinner and toilet breaks and such.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Lost a whole day playing Fallout 3 the first time. Took a lot of microwaveable foods to survive. Another time was, playing Splinter Cell, SC: Pandora Tomorrow, and SC: Chaos Theory back-to-back-to-back. Two days of stealth action. 

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#31  Edited By damnboyadvance

Probably about 6 hours of Madden 10, fueled by water and rage.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lemmycaution217

I played Kingdom Hearts 2 for 12 hours straight when it was first released. yeah.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RE_Player1

I played Persona 3 from 12PM to 12AM the first day I got it. Still haven't beaten it but that's manly because I'm grinding my team to level 70. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably 3 or 4 hours in BF2  years ago.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jay444111

Gotta be the second banjo game. I mean, my goodness, I literally played that as a kid NON-STOP. and I don't joke about that, about a week strait with no breaks other then sleep, dinner(sometimes.) lunch. awesome videogame. bad thing though, my eyes got so sensitive to light that once our countie fair came up with some crazy Xboxdome thing with a bunch of videogames being showcased in it, I was unable to play any of the games without my eyes feeling like they bug outta my skull. 

I only regret not being able to play that Godzilla fighting game there.
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

48 hours straight of P4 with my best friend. I frequently get lost for like 5 hours in Borderlands. Spent 10 in Mass Effect when I was sick a couple months ago.

Butler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Butler

I spent a long week primarily garbed in a bathrobe and a furry bear hat playing Mass Effect 2 while under the influence of what that titular psa Reefer Madness warns us about. I lived off 7-11 hot dogs and shame.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By scarace360

34 hours of TF2. Man it was awesome!

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By warxsnake

Kotor or DAO forgot

MisterDunlap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MisterDunlap

72 hours. My buddy planned it out for almost a week. It was glorious. I slept for almost a day afterward. I don't even remember most of it.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42  Edited By jorbear

Not sure of the exact times on either of these, but I played Dragon Age: Origins for over 10 hours straight one day. I also played WoW for around 6 or 7 hours one Saturday.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Was 17 hours in one sitting, yeah.
zepp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By zepp

In high school, I would frequently spend the entirety of my weekend playing WoW. Come home from school on Friday, play till 3 am, maybe sleep for 3-4 hours, wake up and play all day Saturday, then do the same for Sunday. Of course, I would always stop for food and bathroom breaks. I'm glad that part of my life is over though, it's nice to get out of the house on the weekends, see friends and such. Most recently though, I I spent  7hrs playing Fable III straight, only to have it glitch out on me. If I want to play it again, I'd have to restart, I'll pass for now :)

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By fenixrevolution

A friend and I played 36 hours of Resident Evil 5 when it launched. We beat the game once, then maxed out every weapon till infinite ammo, finally we beat the game on professional. Crashed hard after that. Although I can't pick out any instance, I'm almost certain I had close to the same stint back in Diablo 2, I spent a lot of time in trade chat.