Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Coombs

Secret Option C: Animal Crossing: City Folk

Edit:
Why?  Because its the most bad ass, Throw down, Bring all you got, Blood sweat and tears game on the planet
That's fucking why

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheGremp

I don't know. Which one do you want to get?

e5volcano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By e5volcano

Well both of them seem to be pretty stellar action games 

Which one has a better SP gameplay and game length?

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I loved both games but i thought that everything I loved about AC2 (except fro the story) Batman did a lot better.

morningdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By morningdrive

I would choose AC2. You got some DLC coming up soon and the game in itself is longer. Batman AA is good, but probably wont last to long in the replay department.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By cstrang

Batman: Arkham Asylum was fucking awesome.  It had great atmosphere, some of the best "Oh, shit" moments of gaming (period.), and a easy-to-learn-difficult-to-master combat system (which also feel insanely visceral and bone-crackingly satisfying).  The graphics are beautiful and the art style is pretty good.  Assassin's Creed 2 was a great game, but get Batman first.

The only things that I can put up in favor of Assassin's Creed 2 over Batman is length.

gazel_ministry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By gazel_ministry

About 2 days ago I would have said Assassin's Creed, because it was on sale @ Amazon for $43. Picked up that and AC1 for a total of $ 62. I will eventually get Batman, just found a better deal is all. 

OhdK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By OhdK

Batman is more polished and consistently exciting. ACII can set into "murder fatigue," to quote Ryan, and the controls can be clunky at time. Batman's story is better too.

e5volcano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By e5volcano

money is sort of a factor since both these games are only Single player and I have no interest in Batman's Challenge Rooms thingy. 
I want my purchase to be a good, lasting one

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zombie2011
@e5volcano said:

" money is sort of a factor since both these games are only Single player and I have no interest in Batman's Challenge Rooms thingy. I want my purchase to be a good, lasting one "

Assassins Creed 2 would be the right choice then. I'm going to bestbuy tomorrow and i was thinking about buying one of these games and after i read a bunch of stuff on them AC2 seemed liked a better choice. Batman maybe a little better of a game than AC2 but i heard its like 9 hrs, which for me is too short.
morningdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By morningdrive
@e5volcano: there  you go sir you just answered your own question. A game that will last longer. Go with AC2, give Batman a rent though, still a very good game
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blu_Magic

Both are excellent games, but AC2 lasted me way longer. i finished up Batman in 11-12 hours, while I easily spent  double the time on AC2.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Captain_Insano

I loved both games. Batman is probably a better overall experience simply due to its bad-ass nature. 
Both have good settings.
Assassins Creed 2 will probably last you longer. Did you play and like the first Assassin's Cree?

e5volcano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By e5volcano
@Captain_Insano: I played AC1, thought it was fun for the first hour then got repetitive and I never finished it.
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Ghostiet

Both.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By trophyhunter

I will give it to batman only because AC2 is too new

crystalskull2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By crystalskull2

Get Batman first because you won't get bored at some point in this game.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blu_Magic
@cstrang said:
" Batman: Arkham Asylum was fucking awesome.  It had great atmosphere, some of the best "Oh, shit" moments of gaming (period.), and a easy-to-learn-difficult-to-master combat system (which also feel insanely visceral and bone-crackingly satisfying).  The graphics are beautiful and the art style is pretty good.  Assassin's Creed 2 was a great game, but get Batman first.  The only things that I can put up in favor of Assassin's Creed 2 over Batman is length. "
Assassin's Creed 2 probably hadthe  "Oh, shit" moment of 2009. Plus, the graphics and art style in AC2 are also a pleasure to look at, and arguably better looking than Batman: Arkham Asylum. The only thing that AC2 doesn't do as well as Batman: AA is the combat, but it's still very satisfying.
Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Burns098356GX

I liked AC2, I liked the plot better, I like that they tried to fit in real world events and people into the game. Batman was ok, but didnt offer much more to me then a superhero beating people up.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cstrang
@Blu_Magic said:
" @cstrang said:
" Batman: Arkham Asylum was fucking awesome.  It had great atmosphere, some of the best "Oh, shit" moments of gaming (period.), and a easy-to-learn-difficult-to-master combat system (which also feel insanely visceral and bone-crackingly satisfying).  The graphics are beautiful and the art style is pretty good.  Assassin's Creed 2 was a great game, but get Batman first.  The only things that I can put up in favor of Assassin's Creed 2 over Batman is length. "
Assassin's Creed 2 probably hadthe  "Oh, shit" moment of 2009. Plus, the graphics and art style in AC2 are also a pleasure to look at, and arguably better looking than Batman: Arkham Asylum. The only thing that AC2 doesn't do as well as Batman: AA is the combat, but it's still very satisfying. "
I respectfully but vehemently disagree, especially on the "Oh shit" moment.  Sure, the end of Assassin's Creed 2 was out there, but they aren't even in the same ballpark as the Scarecow sequences of Arkham Asylum.
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mordukai

Batman. I have rented Batman: AA and got AC2 for my birthday and I wish I have done the opposite. I am not saying that AC2 is a bad game, I just had some problems with it and I don't see my self replaying it any time soon. On the other hand I wish I had Batman: AA as I would gladly replay it. 

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Undeadpool

I'd say Batman cause there's no prerequisite.

I also enjoyed AA a lot more. AC2 was...too easy.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Blu_Magic
@cstrang said:
" @Blu_Magic said:
" @cstrang said:
Assassin's Creed 2 probably hadthe  "Oh, shit" moment of 2009. Plus, the graphics and art style in AC2 are also a pleasure to look at, and arguably better looking than Batman: Arkham Asylum. The only thing that AC2 doesn't do as well as Batman: AA is the combat, but it's still very satisfying. "
I respectfully but vehemently disagree, especially on the "Oh shit" moment.  Sure, the end of Assassin's Creed 2 was out there, but they aren't even in the same ballpark as the Scarecow sequences of Arkham Asylum. "
Ah yes, the scarecrow sequences were pretty good, but the ending in AC2 tops those in terms of reaction from me. I mean, I'd love to elaborate but I wouldn't want to spoil the game for the TC or anyone else reading this thread.
Clembo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Clembo

Arkham Asylum is way over rated.  It is polished, fun but not in the same league as AC2.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By jkz

Arkham Asylum has stuck with me in a way AC2 has failed to....and I played it months before I played AC2. The voice-acting and the characterisation in AA is absolutely wonderful, and the atmosphere is, in my opinion, far more gripping than that in AC2. 

So, in short, they are both wonderful games, both worth owning, but I feel like B:AA is the superior game.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By Brendan

You can't go wrong with either, but in my own personal GOTY year title race, Batman was different enough for me that I feel like I had to experience it. 
e5volcano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By e5volcano

So roughly how long does the Single Player take to complete for Batman Arkham Asylum?

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Akeldama

Batman > > > > AC2

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By Whisperkill

I think Assassins Creed 2 is better for the sole reason its a much bigger and longer game than Batman. They are both excellent in quality though.

e5volcano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By e5volcano
@Akeldama said:
" Batman > > > > AC2 "
can you tell me how long the single player for batman is?
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Akeldama
@e5volcano said:
" @Akeldama said:
" Batman > > > > AC2 "
can you tell me how long the single player for batman is? "
about 8 hours or so?
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Blu_Magic
@Akeldama said:
" @e5volcano said:
" @Akeldama said:
" Batman > > > > AC2 "
about 8 hours or so? "
I spent 3 times as much time on Assassin's Creed 2. TC, both games are excellent but  go with AC2 if you're looking for a game that will last you a good amount of time.
Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Spike94

Both. :D
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#35  Edited By Yummylee

Try your best to get both!
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Akeldama
@Blu_Magic said:
" @Akeldama said:
" @e5volcano said:
" @Akeldama said:
" Batman > > > > AC2 "
about 8 hours or so? "
I spent 3 times as much time on Assassin's Creed 2. TC, both games are excellent but  go with AC2 if you're looking for a game that will last you a good amount of time. "
Batman is a infinitely tighter and has so much more polish. Buy Batman, rent AC2.
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Blu_Magic
@Akeldama said:
" @Blu_Magic said:
" @Akeldama said:
" @e5volcano said:
" @Akeldama said:
" Batman > > > > AC2 "
about 8 hours or so? "
I spent 3 times as much time on Assassin's Creed 2. TC, both games are excellent but  go with AC2 if you're looking for a game that will last you a good amount of time. "
Batman is a infinitely tighter and has so much more polish. Buy Batman, rent AC2. "
Nice exagerration there. I can do the same too! Buy AC2, and you'll get a code for a free puppy!

Both games are very polished. Batman is more so in the combat department. The climbing and parkour in AC2 is exceptional though. The combat isn't as good Batman: AA, but as I've said before, it's still satisfying. Both are worthy of a purchase but don't be foolish and tell him to buy an 8 hour game and rent the 20+ hour game.
Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ramyun

Batman because he's THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!!

Butchio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Butchio
@Coombs said:
" Secret Option C: Animal Crossing: City Folk  Edit: Why?  Because its the most bad ass, Throw down, Bring all you got, Blood sweat and tears game on the planet That's fucking why "
hahahaha, im getting this game
e5volcano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By e5volcano

Thanks guys for all replies, this is definitely a hard choice. 
 I would like a long game to get my money worth but I also want a fun, great game with gameplay. 
 It seems that people here mostly agree than Batman AA has better gameplay than AC2, but is the gameplay of AC2 still pretty top notch. I don't want a game where, although long, I get  bored of midway through 

Thanks