Which game has the worst hardcore fans ?

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 24

#201  Edited By zidd

People who play Super Smash Bros. like Street Fighter are intolerable.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#202  Edited By Shadow

Halo, I'd say

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#203  Edited By jonnyboy

Something I learned about Giantbomb a while back was if you really don't like Street Fighter 4 or Rockband, keep that shit to yourself. 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#204  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Zidd said:
" People who play Super Smash Bros. like Street Fighter are intolerable. "
I remember my friend saying he'd mastered Melee and during a 4 player game, he won by one life while I was just goofing around.
luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#205  Edited By luce

FF series

bad mix of japanophiles and elitists 

Street fighter has its fair share of dicks but some people are actually willing to help a noob despite being rude

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#207  Edited By xMP44x

I'd actually be most inclined to nominate the Halo fanbase. I have no problem with people being hardcore fans of the series, and I can easily see why. However, the fanboys are incredibly rabid when you make a remark they disapprove of. It's a shame... it's a decent franchise let down by a less than decent fanbase, in some cases. Some fans of the series are incredible though, due to their contribution to the Halo world, such as the Forge pros.

matiaz_tapia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By matiaz_tapia

You guys are just full of hate :D.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#209  Edited By 234r2we232
@Castiel said:
" @Laketown said:
" @Castiel said:
" Any xbot 3shitty exclusive game!  "
no wait I take my previous statement back console fanboys are the worst "
@sofacitysweetheart said:
" Street Fighter, closely followed by those God awful Sonic kids.

@Castiel said:

" Any xbot 3shitty exclusive game!  "

If I could vote for this guy, I would. "
No Caption Provided
"
You are precious.
SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#210  Edited By SilentCommando

B.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#211  Edited By tmthomsen

Other: Dota and League of Legends.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fighting games.  Hands down, EASILY.  Can simply point to a thread where I proposed and argued for better tutorials and information presentation in modern fighting games and got called a pussy and the like over and over and over.  With no rational or thoughtful answers.

Fine if you like spending hours and hours getting your ass kicked or are naturally skilled at them.  The rest of us could use some help and the competition would be much better in general if fighting games progressed in areas other games have years and years ago.  It's like they are created by people who don't see other games or think "hey, maybe we could apply some of these to our game" .  I will say they have tried lately, SF IV had tutorials in there, but still pretty awful and could be much more effective and presented more clearly.

The other possibility I proposed there was for easier inputs for moves, and it seems like that might be a direction fighters are going with more focus on tactics instead of inputs.  Seems MK and MvC3 might be going that route, though I haven't played them yet.   But hey, that will also get you called a pussy too.  Trust me, I know.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#213  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@HandsomeDead said:

The return to Shadow Moses was handled beautifully and I just like how it tied up the Solid Snake/Revolver Ocelot rivalry. A majority of the gameplay was absolute fucking shit though, especially The Beauty and The Beast stuff which felt so forced. Camo is the worst thing to have ever happened to MGS, conveniently enough tying it directly into MGS3. "

Alright, that's pretty damn good.

@xaLieNxGrEyx:

That's cool. :) At the end of the day, it's just my opinion, and I certainly don't want to ruin the game for other people, because I'm not interested in doing that.

Thread:
I also have to say that people who don't accept the fact that games change are also bad, like  @Stephen_Von_Cloud: mentioned with fighting game tutorials. Games change with the times, just like films and bands and writers change. It's like the people who complain about Metallica just because they don't like Metallica's newer music compared to the older stuff. Well, Metallica can make whatever music they want, you know? Just like if they re-write the Street Fighter rulebooks and create a whole new game, then that's fine. It doesn't destroy the previous four main Street Fighter games (and the 200 different variations), so just stick with those. I guess that feeds into the Fallout thing quite well.

Also, Mortal Combat. Yeah, I just spelled Mortal Kombat with a C. God forbid somebody does that in front of Mortal Kombat fans, 'cause man, if they do...
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By tunaburn

wheres modern warfare

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZanzibarBreeze said:

I also have to say that people who don't accept the fact that games change are also bad, like  @Stephen_Von_Cloud: mentioned with fighting game tutorials. Games change with the times, just like films and bands and writers change. It's like the people who complain about Metallica just because they don't like Metallica's newer music compared to the older stuff. Well, Metallica can make whatever music they want, you know? Just like if they re-write the Street Fighter rulebooks and create a whole new game, then that's fine. It doesn't destroy the previous four main Street Fighter games (and the 200 different variations), so just stick with those. I guess that feeds into the Fallout thing quite well.  Also, Mortal Combat. Yeah, I just spelled Mortal Kombat with a C. God forbid somebody does that in front of Mortal Kombat fans, 'cause man, if they do... "

Great points.  With fans of old 2D fighters wanting the same game again... why?  What would they add?  Short of much better 2D sprites, I don't see anything, so go play your old games and let fighters move forward.

It's funny and again something you don't see in other genres.  Look at the older style of FPS games, like Unreal Tournament, with super fast movement and weapon pick ups scattered throughout the level.  They are seldom seen in that style these days.  Or older style thrid person shooters... they've all moved to being cover based for the most part.  Look at regenerating health, or the standardization of control schemes. Most genres move on or at least expand, but the fighter has not.  If they do it is in incredibly stupid ways, like the adventure mode in the last few real MK games or in Tekken 6's adventure mode. You're putting your effort into making a mode that attempts to be an action and adventure game but is just really awful?  How about improving your actual strengths and gameplay?  If I want an action adventure game I'll go play one.

I shouldn't say there has been no improvement in the genre, because they have refined a lot of the mechanics over the years, but nothing close to other genres.  The designers of fighting games should look at the Forza series to see what they can do to improve accessibility.  Racing games were behind the times too til they helped fix a lot of that.
JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By JoeyIA

Other - Counter Strike

M_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#217  Edited By M_33

As an avid hater of all things Sonic, I had no choice but to pick that. I would say Halo if it was there, but it's not, and Sonic is... So yea. 
gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By gunslingerNZ

I would have voted for Halo or Modern Warfare if you'd included either of those...

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:
"@neozeke:  You have your opinions, I have mine. I find many books extremelly overrated and wish I never wasted my time. If Final Fantasy had been a book written 60years ago it would be regarded as classic medevil fantasy novel. You can lie to yourself and say otherwise, but the characte  of Zidane and Princess Garnet are far supirior to overrated trash like Catcher In The Rye, The Great Gasby, and (although still good, just slightly overrated but still well written and told) How to Kill a Mockingbird.    And I know I'm going to get hell for this, but I may as well say it. Lord of the Rings is overrated, I prefer Final Fantasy. "

I'm going to assume you're twelve years old.
VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By VanderSEXXX
@ZanzibarBreeze said:
" From that list, definitely FFVII, because that game is nowhere near as good as people think it is. However, I think among the front runners are Metal Gear fans. Also, Earthbound/Mother. But Metal Gear fans are pretty rabid. "
I totally agree with you on this. Hell I even think MGS4 is one of the most overrated games of this gaming generation. After beating the game I realized that Its simply nowhere near a perfect score. 
FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
@harinosho said:
" @Daroki said:
" My god, where's Farmville? "
there's fans for that game?  "

YOU LEAVE MY MOTHER ALONE!
WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#222  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

Counter Strike fans are the worst by a long shot, though Halo fanboys are awful as well.

MikoSquiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By MikoSquiz

Counter Strike or Halo. But I picked 'Final Fantasy' because that's a good third and 'Other' just isn't the same at all.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#224  Edited By xplodedd
@ArcLyte said:
" halo fans make me want to break my controller in half with my mind and then eat the two halves. "
oh for sure, they blindly defend any halo thing they ever saw.
Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Anund

Halo-fans, good god. How did that game not make the list?

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#226  Edited By trophyhunter

PC fanboys are the worst and valve fanboys are even worse than that.

J0n3s1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By J0n3s1

COD

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Metroid545

Hardcore halo fanboys are just slightly worse then Call of duty fanboys and I mean call of duty fanboys as in people who treat call of duty 4 as the first one

apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By apoptosis61
@s7evn said:
" Most FPS fan boys are unimaginable terrors. "
indeed
Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the poll should really have been

Nintendo
Square-enix
Sega

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#231  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Those Counter Strike kids go hard

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#232  Edited By BabyChooChoo

WoW. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good, decent people in that game, but the hardcore players give me nightmares. Just see some of the youtube videos...

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By EliasT

Kingdom Hearts, I cannot stress that shit enough, if you like Kingdom Hearts then you also probably like dick in your mouth.

Shinri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Shinri

WoW

Witty_Hatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Witty_Hatter

Halo and COD4 fans. I don't like Halo and when I tell them this they start up a rant as if I had just peed on there xbox

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
@Witty_Hatter said:
"Halo and COD4 fans. I don't like Halo and when I tell them this they start up a rant as if I had just peed on there xbox "

If they're going to act like you peed on their xbox maybe you should pee on their xbox.  It'll teach them a memorable lesson in humility.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By ravensword

Well, I pity the Sonic fans more then anything. The FF 7 people are kinda elitist pricks, and i would add halo into that mix because they think no shooter can ever touch theyres.  
RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#238  Edited By RTSlord
@Mariek430 said:
"you missed Modern Warfare 2, Halo 3, anything DOTA like, Farmville, and Street Fighter "
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By ravensword

The thing people need to realize about games from the PS1/N64 era is that they are VERY hard to go back to in this day and age. I dont care how hardcore of a fan you claim to be, the Blocky jagged visuals are a extreme turn off. The only old games that are passable to play these days are NES and SNES games from a graphical standpoint because the visuals arent complicated.
x_XJules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#240  Edited By x_XJules

I only picked Super Smash Bros because of all the brotastic frat boys around here that play it. 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By ryanwho

On a serious actual note, Starcraft fans are the absolute worst. Don't go in there like "well you know Rise of Nations did some interesting things to balance the game that the SC2 beta isn't doing" cus you'll get pages of acidic vitriol. THE. WORST. But then, to quote one, "you aren't even in the diamond tier. You havent even played the real game yet". Ug, vomit.

Dpower94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Dpower94

The COD fanbase is a bunch of whiny, complaining douches who think they're awesome. I don't see who could be worse. The other fanbases at least APPRECIATE their games, while all the COD community wants to do is talk about how bad each game is. How do I know? Because my best friends are COD players.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#243  Edited By Whisperkill

All annoying hardcore video game fanboys can go to hell.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By inkeiren
@HandsomeDead said:

" @Zidd said:

" People who play Super Smash Bros. like Street Fighter are intolerable. "

I remember my friend saying he'd mastered Melee and during a 4 player game, he won by one life while I was just goofing around. "
He's probably just lying then. I've never done it, but high level play is possible in Melee. But it isn't really possible in Brawl due to the amount of chance thrown in from things like tripping and other aspects which were changed.

The Super Smash Brothers series is probably one of the most misunderstood in the history of video games.

Edit: Just so I know what is being said in this thread, people are saying that hardcore MGS fans are bad, right? Not just people like me who played through each game quickly on the easiest or second easiest setting then never played them again?
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By ryanwho
@inkeiren: Fighting purists just like to shit on anything that actually mixes the formula up. They'll try and call it something other than a fighting game if a game actually tries something new then they'll whine that fighting games never innovate. Fighting game purists, the worst.
lewigi2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By lewigi2012

I voted Kingdom Hearts... the sheer amount of emo Linkin Park AMVs on Youtube is just...*shudder* but I also think COD has an awful fanbase.

wavegoodbye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By wavegoodbye

We all know the correct answer is Halo.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers