Which games do you replay?

• 73 results
Thorticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

MGS 3, Resident Evil 4, Shadow of the Colossus, Uncharted 2-4, The Last of Us, Silent Hill 2 and 3, and a couple of others I can't think of. These are games I'll play through even now should the mood take me.

tophar01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Fox 64

Consistently play it ever couple years or so

Griswulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FFVI (FFIII in America). It was really one of my first real RPG games. I got it for my birthday and just couldn't put the game down. The story is awesome, I love the characters and the game mixes up so many different elements. You go from the light world, to the dark world while having to make a difficult choice. Kefka is the ultimate villain. I try to replay the game at least once a year and it never gets old.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I don't replay stuff as much as I used to, but I still make time for a handful of favorites. Any given year, chances are I'll replay at least one old Resident Evil and Fire Emblem game of my choosing, and every few years I'll replay favorites like Ocarina of Time, Baldur's Gate (with the intent of playing the same character through all of BG 2... something that has never actually happened, unfortunately), Temple of Elemental Evil, and one of the late 90s Might and Magic games. I'm actually overdue for that last one, but there have been so many good new games from this year that I haven't managed to make time yet.

yourbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't say I've played through entire games multiple times very often, in part because I have a tendency to not finish many games :] Sim-type games - Stardew Valley, Civ 5, Banished, etc. - I'll start a lot of new files/runs, but I suppose that doesn't really count. I did play through Fire Emblem Awakenings a couple of times to try out different offspring. And I've played To the Moon a couple of times because I am a sentimental sucker. I've definitely started second play-throughs of Tell Tale & the like games, with the intention of seeing all of the content, but I tend to get bored with the large amount of repetition and quit. I find the length of rpgs (and my unplayed pile of shame on Steam) too daunting to even try with them.

Bamse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tick tac toe.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Metal Gear Solid Series:I make a point of playing through from 1-V once every year, the series is no contest my favorite in all of gaming. The linear plot always grips me, but the semi-openness of the way you get through each area makes the game infinitely replayable. I've beaten every one of these games on every difficulty and don't see myself ever stopping.

GTA 3/VC/4:I like to do 100% runs of 3 and Vice City and then just go through IV to relish the feel of it all. San Andreas is amazing but its just too much game for me whenever i go back to it.

Red Dead Redemption:John Marston may just be gamings best character this side of the MGS series, and simply existing in that open world is something i have to do every few months.

Pokemon Yellow:Gotta snag those 3 starter's from red/blue and evolve em every couple years just to remind myself whats important in life.

Breath of the Wild:Never cared for Zelda, but I've already played this to completion 4 times, such a wonderful game full of discovery and great mechanics.

Witcher 3:Best RPG of all time as far as I care, always itching to play this one

Kerbal Space Program:Just gotta get to Mun one more time...

Max Payne 1 and 2: It might just be my infatuation with all things noir, but I've played the first two games over a dozen times each id bet

honorable mentions to god of war, uncharted, and the mario galaxys.

somamilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Around the Summer months I tend to replay Persona 3 & 4 because back in high school I finished those games and now equate them to fun times in the summer and illicit activities on the side. I always seem to go back to all the Metroid Prime games through the year whether it's just going through the beginning of Metroid Prime 1 as I still have fun exploring and seeing the environments and experiencing the cool set pieces. Feels weird being a Millennial in here cuz' most of my classic consoles are the late N64, Game Boy and early Gamecube games.

WezqApe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to replay Max Payne 1&2 and Freedom Fighters at least yearly. Apart from returning to the Metro games and Dragon Age: Origins a couple of times the only game I keep constantly replaying these days is Warhammer 40,000: SHPAAAYCE MUHRIIINE.

That game is pure cathartic orc-slaughtering fun and I'm honestly surprised how much I enjoy it every time.

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2, I've missed a couple of years lately.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Casepb

I replay a bunch of games, but I only finish a few. The games I play to completion the most would be Half-Life and HL2. After that I played the Mass Effect series over around 3 times. Bulletstorm I beat a couple. Oh yeah Bayonetta 1 and 2 a few times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aa7cc9892e50
deactivated-5aa7cc9892e50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generally depends my mood but to at least give a good example, I tend to randomly go back to Resident Evil games a lot. Whether it is more casual playthrough's, speed runs, or challenge playthroughs. The ones I tend to go back to the most is Resident Evil (PS1), Resident Evil Rebirth, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Zero, and Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (GCN).

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

There's so much I haven't played that I rarely replay anything, and when I do it's situations like Dragon's Dogma where you can do an additional playthrough at a much faster clip.

I used to replay Mega Man 2 a couple times a year to see if I could finally beat it, but now that I have, I don't know how much I'll go back to it.

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Such a good thread, warms my heart.

For me its always games where you build stuff. Games like Sim City 4, Dungeon Keeper, War for the Overworld, Stellaris, The Settlers 3 and 4, Anno 1404, Yoot Tower and games similar to it. Sometimes I play short action games again like the old Shadow Warrior and Rise of the Triad and even just ye olde Doom. I also sometimes don't replay action games, but I frequently use level editors of FPS games such as Doom Builder to revisit them! Maybe next year I release a Giant Bomb WAD of the maps I did whenever I had fun revisiting the games. Would be fun to make a theme out of the stuff I create (I never release the stuff I'm creating).

Also I always look forward in replaying older RTS games like Command and Conquer Tiberian Dawn, Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2.

heyooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every 6-8 months I always get the itch to pop in Bloodborne and do another NG+ run. Something about that world and how everything is so beautifully crafted and put together, making it a game I can never get enough of. I usually get tired of a game permanently after I beat it (see Persona 5) but something about BB is so endlessly entoxicating. I also like to pop in Gravity Rush 2 and just fly around collecting gems and finding treasures-it's very soothing and calms my anxiety. Not to mention it's a comfy podcast game.

clutch414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XCOM and XCOM 2. My gaming comfort foods.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diabo 1 and Half Life 2.

disco_drew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Typically, the only games I replay are classic Nintendo games or games of a similar ilk (Shovel Knight is a good example). It has to be something that benefits from multiple playings, such as Super Mario World (finding all of the secret exits and worlds) or Super Metroid (finishing the game faster than my previous runs).

I have a really hard time replaying games with a strong story component. I often want to replay those games because I'll remember these great moments and how they made me feel at the time, but usually when I start replaying those games I get to some down moment and lose all interest in moving forward. The only exception to this rule is the Uncharted franchise, for some reason.

DAGSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DAGSR

I like "Fable, the lost chapters," "Scrabble plus" and "Empire Earth 2." I did play "Sea Dogs" numerous times up until my laptop was stolen and to play it again I would want the big, major mod and now I cannot find the main mod anymore. The website where you could download it has been altered dramatically. It was this website...

http://www.highnotez.com/hosemerc/sdaddon.htm

If you know a way I could download the mod... let me know, please.

damonkey64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My replaying depends on a few things. Xcom 2 for example, I finished when it came out, but the new DLC is integrated throughout the entire campaign, so it's led me to revisiting it...(and wow the new shit is fucking awesome btw.) So, if DLC comes out is 1 reason. Other games, I may revisit if my brother is in and we play it for nostalgia like some Super Street Fighter 2. If I hear a sequel/spin off game is announced, I may revisit it to refresh/revisit the story of past games. (I.e. The Mass Effect Series earlier this year.). If I have friends come over, I may revisit any of the Jackbox series, or Rock Band for the party/multiplayer aspect some games offer. Lastly, the most rare occurrence, is the revisit just because I fondly remember it and do it for my own personal enjoyment. As an adult, making/justifying the time for the later is the most difficult. Some of these enjoyment revisits do not consist of a full play-through though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

It's really easy to jump into Resident Evil 4 and just start playing through that game again.

Earlier today, I finished playing through the first Dark Souls again and I've been playing the second one with my brother, so there's more Dark Souls in my future!

I played about a hundred hours of Skyrim earlier this year, too.

I played all the way through Metroid Zero Mission in an evening earlier this year.

There was a long period of time where I would play through at least all of the first Half-Life once a year, usually I'd go on and finish the second game and episodes.

Replaying games comes with a kind of satisfaction you don't get the first time through. That satisfaction comes from having a better understanding of what you're doing, what's going on, and where you want to go with your character. If you're playing Dark Souls for the first time, you probably have no idea what to do, but if you're playing it for the third or fourth or whatever time, you could tackle things as you please and you have a better idea of how to level your character. You could go take care of Pinwheel right off the bat, then Quelaag, then do the Undead Burg stuff if you please.

That said, I'm also dissuaded from replaying a game if it involves a lot of cutscenes or dialog or whatever. If it's going to take thirty minutes for things to open up and the game to get going, then I'm more than likely not going to bother. This is part of what makes Resident Evil 4 so easy to jump back into even though that game is very linear and has lots of story. Introductory cutscene, walk up to a house, get used to the controls, try to talk to a crazy guy, and then you're in a house and fighting for your life. The rest of the game is more or less paced like that.

Being short does help, but I'm not more likely to pick a short game to replay over a long one.

SoldierDaisy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gothic 2 - Night of the Raven. Once every 1-2 years.

Markus1395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played Final Fantasy Tactics at least once a year since I was 8; I'm 22 now. I was a late-comer to the Persona franchise, starting with 4 Golden in March of 2016, but It quickly shot up to my second all-time favorite game and I've played it all the way through 4 times so far. Played through Dragon Age Origins probably around 5 times. Dragon's Dogma is probably around 7 or 8. I play through Mario 3 fairly often when I'm between bigger games, likely beating it 15 or so times (counting runs using warps and not). Those are the biggest examples I can think of.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#76  Edited By Nux

I tend to replay the GBA Fire Emblems from time to time and the Persona games as well. I'm currently replaying Stardew Valley on the Switch as well.

Blastr85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Half Life 2 gets replayed every year or so. I love replaying single player games I loved, open world games I rarely return to.