Who is down with ONLIVE? And tell us why?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dr_Cash

I know I am and my reasons are simple no more PC upgrading. And I anticipate a rocky start and we will see patch aftter patch and such to keep making the sevice be what it needs to be great. But once the kinks get worked out I think this service will be truly awsome.

What are your guys thoughts? I already like the controller for TV use. It is basicly just like the 360 controller.

So if I can play pretty much any high end PC game with this service. I am down like charlie brown.

I will be an early subscriber to this service. I think there is HUGE potential with this.

I mean If I can play games like Dragon Age and even like Mass Effect 2 and Stalker Clear Sky and be done with all the PC upgrades. And can run these with high settings in 1280x720. 720p basicly on my 24in flat screen. It's a no brainer for me.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

I think it's an awesome idea, but I don't believe it can work with no input delay.  There will be a noticeable delay.  I wish it would work, it'd be extremely awesome if it did.

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dr_Cash
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"I think it's an awesome idea, but I don't believe it can work with no input delay.  There will be a noticeable delay.  I wish it would work, it'd be extremely awesome if it did."

Well like I said I anticipate early on kinks to get worked out. But they have been in stealth developement for over 7 years. I think once they get enough servers setup on east coast and west and in the middle of US. The sevice will really shine.

I do not think they would already have some big name developers already on board if it is not going to work that well. I think a lot of people are going to be blown away and become beleivers and say WOW they really are pulling this off.
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By tekmojo

"Us"...? So there is more than one of you now. Shit.

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Dude

If the technology that they are touting actually does what they are saying, and as long as the subscription models are reasonable, I will be all for it.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By Icemael

I'll but it, buy only if it works perfectly. If I do, it'll just be a comeplement to my consoles - I'll only use it for PC games, since I can't afford a gaming rig. I'll still use my consoles, since I really like owning physical copies of my games.

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Dude
Icemael said:
"I'll but it, buy only if it works perfectly. If I do, it'll just be a comeplement to my consoles - I'll only use it for PC games, since I can't afford a gaming rig. I'll still use my consoles, since I really like owning physical copies of my games."
I hate to break it to you, but your PC, 360, PS3, or Wii, do not work perfectly...so you better just give them to me.
Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dr_Cash

I am basicly doing just for PC games. I will also still have my home systems. But if they truly do start having developers making games for it in a few years that will be bleeding edge graphics becuase of home systems not being powerful enough that will be truly awsome.

But for now I just want to play all the great PC games and not worry about upgrading anymore.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By mike