Who's getting White Knight Chronicles next week?

morningdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By morningdrive

I am really interested in the game, I will wait for some reviews before I take the plunge. Hopefully the Giantbomb crew will review it.  
I hear alot of people talk about how crappy the graphics are and that the gameplay is terrible. I am not a graphics whore and I have seen gameplay of the game and I don't think it would be a problem for me playing it. Still it has online play and if anyone is going to get it post on here. 

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By the8bitNacho

Eh...I don't know.  There's this compulsive part of me that really, really wants to pick it up.  However, I honestly don't know that much about the gameplay or the narrative, and to be quite honest some of the in-engine footage I saw on the 1UP Show a while back didn't look all that engrossing.  Then again, that has been quite a while.  Maybe I need to go and read up on the game some before making the final decision. 

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

I watched that interview that Brad did with that guy with the cool name... man, the game looked bad. I really like RPGs but something about it really made me not like it. I will probably pick it up though, knowing me :P

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Looks very bleh to me so nah, easy pass.
essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By essaregee

I will. I have a soft spot for RPGs.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By gla55jAw

As I am playing Dragon Age and getting Mass Effect 2 tomorrow already, I will hope I get it from gamefly, otherwise I will wait a little while.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#7  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'm still on the fence.  Personally, I liked the graphics, but the gameplay looked a little too online focused with some shoddy implementation of lobbies and other things I really don't want to have to deal with in a console RPG.  However, if reviews come out and say it's a decent single-player experience, I'll be picking it up.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64

It's out next week already?  Shows you how much I'm paying attention to that game.  It seems cool though.  Might have to check it out later.

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mariek430

As long as i'm done with Mass Effect 2 I should pick it up. Online looks kinda cool, long as you can mute people. Doesn't Dante's Inferno come out the week after as well?

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By demonbear

Will I buy this game? Yes, absolutely. Will it be next week? No. Now is Mass Effect 2 time. But i'll have this game in my library before the summer for sure.

morningdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By morningdrive

I agree with almost all of you lol. I am really on the fence with the game. So hopefully there will be some good reviews out there

Avatar image for shoulderholster
ShoulderHolster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShoulderHolster

It looks rather vanilla.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By c1337us

Eventually maybe. But I have others I want toplay first.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By fugie7

i think ill play the demo first before i decide on getting that game. is the demo on the ps3 yet?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Andorski

If the online portion of the game is good, then maybe.  Otherwise, it's a pass.

akakaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By akakaze

The JP version was meh...  It feels very MMO, at least at first, which I don't like.  I will play through the English version and check out the enhanced online though.

HiroSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HiroSeven

I'm definately looking forward to it since I think Level-5 games are really well done (DQVIII was very memorable). 

I dont have any problems with a graphic standpoint, but the battle system reminds me of FFXII a slight bit, I guess it's a bit slow paced in terms of battle, but that's my opinion after having seen only the opening battles of the game; I'm not sure what it looks like as you progress. I'm not sure how I feel about the actual knight concept, I guess its similar to xenogears in that respect, where you could jump into your gear at certain points of the battle.

Although, I'll rent it first to see how it goes... since I'm currently saving up for another rpg and an action/stealth game, both releasing within a month and a week's time... 

hiro
callumbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By callumbay

I'm getting it on it's UK release day :) Which I think is about the 20th of Feb. Can't wait!

Ashwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Ashwyn

From the Interview on the site about it, it looks pretty F'ed up as far as i can see.
 The main characters name is Leonard, seriously?

But if the reviews are good then when it drops down in price.