Why didn't Whiskey Media realize?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Realize that businesses aren't allowed make money in modern America? Kids these days are used to movies, tv and video games being completely free, the only thing that has to be paid for, is internet access, which is something their parents pay for. Who cares if most podcasts are about an hour, who cares if Giant Bomb is the ONLY Whiskey site that goes beyond that, these kids want it all, they want it free, but most importantly, THEY WANT IT FUCKING NOW. FUCK WAITING A FEW DAYS, THEY DON'T HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE, THEY NEED TWO AND HALF HOURS EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY FUCKING TUESDAY!

Seriously, Whiskey, who gave you the idea that you can make any money in this instant gratification society? These kids don't care about site quality, just turn this shiz into IGN ++ and light it up with ads, put fucking ads in the text, make whole paragraphs into commercials, make sure to endorse a product  DURING every video, do it like talk radio, yo.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

haha I get it you're hilarious

fuck you got mine, correct?

dantheman1515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dantheman1515

I don't get everyone's hate of advertisements. I could care less if there was an ad for a game when I launched the site. Ads are not that big of a problem, and they would most likely make more money by putting more ads on the site. Seriously GB crew just put some ads up, no reasonable person will care.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dallas_Raines
@dantheman1515:  

Kids don't understand the need for ads because they rarely have to deal with them, they have DVRs and pirated TV, and they don't listen to radio much because they probably have an iPod in their car.(That's filled with pirated music) Alls I'm saying is kids that grew up along with the internet are (mostly) a bunch of whiny, spoiled, ungrateful bitches.
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Brendan

At this point I'd rather have ads and a pure Bombcast than the current situation.  Shit, I ignore ads all the time, and I could easily do it here, so please Giantbomb, get ads if you can't come up with a better solution.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dtat
@Brendan said:
"At this point I'd rather have ads and a pure Bombcast than the current situation.  Shit, I ignore ads all the time, and I could easily do it here, so please Giantbomb, get ads if you can't come up with a better solution. "

Yep. I don't even mind paying. They shouldn't fuck with the bombcast. It's pretty much exactly the way it should be now, and what they're doing will probably change the flow and the dynamic.
jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I could care less about ads. I just want my bombcast.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Another problem with ads is that browser extensions provide an easy way to ignore most all ads, which is why they need to bring back the old school radio method.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kyreo
@Brendan said:

" At this point I'd rather have ads and a pure Bombcast than the current situation.  Shit, I ignore ads all the time, and I could easily do it here, so please Giantbomb, get ads if you can't come up with a better solution. "

When they get ads they get sponsors and then they have to please those sponsors and then that might make for another "Kane & Lynch" situation, if yer catching my drift.
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#10  Edited By alistercat
@dantheman1515 said:
" I don't get everyone's hate of advertisements. I could care less if there was an ad for a game when I launched the site. Ads are not that big of a problem, and they would most likely make more money by putting more ads on the site. Seriously GB crew just put some ads up, no reasonable person will care. "
No. No way. Ad blocking is so widespread, it's not a reliable source of income. Not like this is at least.
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Jensonb

I really think you guys are overreacting on this whole Bombcast issue. These are guys we can trust, and if they're saying they've gotta do this...They've gotta do this.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#12  Edited By alistercat
@Jensonb said:
" I really think you guys are overreacting on this whole Bombcast issue. These are guys we can trust, and if they're saying they've gotta do this...They've gotta do this. "
Don't try and reason with people. 1. Humans don't trust each other  and   2. You can't trust the internet. Between 'Traps' and eBay con artists, we've destroyed any sense of trust.
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By DystopiaX

the problem is that they gave too much in the beginning for free, now all the ingrates are complaining when the site gets slightly less awesome, but more awesome than any other gaming site out there. 

It's like the XBL gold situation discussed a week or so ago- if they unrolled this while saying "Oh, and we're going to record 15-30 minutes of us playing new releases for everyone to watch" (Quick Looks), then people would have been much less pissed. 

I expect some unveiling of awesome shit to "make up" to the internet children during the big live live show tomorrow, which I just realized I could watch because my school is 1/3 jewish and therefore we get off for Rosh Hashanah.

JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JoRoNimo

Nobody complains about getting a bunch of free shit. But when someone mans up and says, "hey, I need some money", nobody wants to hand anything over to help. 

That's how it works, dude. You get the first hit free. Except in this case, you can always get the NEXT hit free, you just gotta wait for it.

mathewballard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By mathewballard

ROFL!!!!!!

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Damien

I'm sure GB appreciates the spam.  Keep doing your part.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DystopiaX
@jorojoserojas said:
" Nobody complains about getting a bunch of free shit. But when someone mans up and says, "hey, I need some money", nobody wants to hand anything over to help. 

That's how it works, dude. You get the first hit free. Except in this case, you can always get the NEXT hit free, you just gotta wait for it. "
Whiskey Media- the most generous dealers around!
FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator
@DystopiaX said:
" the problem is that they gave too much in the beginning for free, now all the ingrates are complaining when the site gets slightly less awesome, but more awesome than any other gaming site out there.    
Ah-fucking-greed 

Oh know something changed! bitch bitch bitch
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By ArchScabby

Not funny, or clever.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By EVO

I don't get why there's so many users getting all butthurt over this, as if they're owed something.

You're not owed shit. 

Nobody is. 

They've been providing this site for years, free of charge. For many of you that includes countless hours of podcasts, videos, endurance runs, these forums etc. If anyone, it's them that are owed something.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Diamond
@Lord_Yeti:  I think it has as much to do with the fact that others (myself included) DO create weekly podcasts for free.  We don't even have ads on our site.  We're not getting paid.  We still do it.
Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dallas_Raines
@Diamond:  

Okay, but the Bombcast is free and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@DystopiaX said:
" I expect some unveiling of awesome shit to "make up" to the internet children during the big live live show tomorrow, which I just realized I could watch because my school is 1/3 jewish and therefore we get off for Rosh Hashanah. "
Lucky bastard.
Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Sanryd
@Dtat said:
" They shouldn't fuck with the bombcast. "
/thread
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ajamafalous

Herp derp.

Trolls are out tonight.

thai_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#26  Edited By thai_jedi
@Dtat said:
" @Brendan said:
"At this point I'd rather have ads and a pure Bombcast than the current situation.  Shit, I ignore ads all the time, and I could easily do it here, so please Giantbomb, get ads if you can't come up with a better solution. "
Yep. I don't even mind paying. They shouldn't fuck with the bombcast. It's pretty much exactly the way it should be now, and what they're doing will probably change the flow and the dynamic. "

Both of these comments