Will you be subscribing to the new EGM coming out soon?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Theyre taken Subscription orders right now, and I was wondering if anyone ehre is going to get it. I know Print is dead to most people, but I still love it. Im personally going to pick up a issue at newsstand and see if I like it first. I know many people have said that EGM in the past was biased towards a console (not sure which one) but I honestly never saw that and im not sure why people said that. I liked there magazine because it had personality. 

In order for them to get my Subscription they need to do these things:  

1. Personality. If the people writing the articles and reviews are devoid of any sense of humor or Personality, its a big turn off for me. I dont want a bunch of tools writing my stuff.

2. Non Biased, truthful reviews. If your gonna give a great score to every big name game just so you can appease the Developers and companys, than im not gonna read your mag. If a game sucks, I expect you to say that it sucks. Regardless waht teh Budget or Marketing push is for it. It could be Halo 4 for all I care, and if it ends up sucking, you should say it sucks.

3. High Quality Pictures and pages. IF you magazine looks like it was made by some kid in Photoshop, than no thanks. I want the pics to look Vibrant and eye catching, not lifeless and dull. some sheen is nice.

4. Interesting and Articles that appeal to me as a gamer. I want interviews with the big wigs of the Big three. The developers taht make the games, and teaches em something I already didnt know about a game. I know that last part is hard with the Internet nowadays, but its still something I look for.

5. Leangth. I hate short Mags, makes me feel like I wasted my money on something thats thin. I want some quantity with my mag.

6. Exclusives. I know Game Informer is the one to beat on this front, but if your going to have a game on your front cover that I know everything about, than im not going to be interested. Maybe have a game I never heard of before, or one that we know next to nothing about.

7. E3 Coverage and Event coverage. I want my Mag to give me its Perspective on what happened at these big events on E3, and maybe give a grade to teh Press Conferences and all that.

8. Not filled with a bunch of Fanboys that favor one console over the others:  If you have a Multiconsole Mag, and all you do is mainly focus on 360 Exclusives for Cover stories, and are blatantly against every other console, then you dont deserve to be a mag.

9. And above all else, I want a mag that Gives a damn about me, the reader. This may sound odd, but theres alot of mags out there that could give a rats ass what you think. They think youll just read, and youll like it. I hate this, and I really hope this mag isnt like taht.    

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By jkz

Should be a poll, and yes because the price is so low (64 issues for 25 dollars?!?!?!)

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

No.  I get all my video game news online.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

It intrigues me. I may have to look into this now for such a low price. There's something about opening up a magazine that's so much more exciting than reading an internet article.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By c1337us

Internet is good for its immediacy and easier to get community feedback on stuff as well. But nothing beats printed material. My local rag I read is Hyper though, and occasionally I'll pick up a game informer or a game pro or whatever it is because it is pretty cheap if I still have a while to wait until my next issue of Hyper hits.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I will wait and see how it is. I haven't read a gaming magazine in a loooong time.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Driadon

I'm going to wait until they offer the digital version subscriptions as I will be likely moving in a year, and I know I WILL forget to let them know I changed addresses.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Trilogy

I didn't subscribe to it before so I doubt I will now.

Print isn't completely dead so if they managed to pull something really exciting off, I could change my mind.

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Chuggsy

Yes. Even though I'll know all the news articles by the time it comes out, I still love reading magazines.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I used to subscribe to them back in the day. And it is nice to have a physical magazine to be able to carry around and flip through. But maybe they should have done a weekly magazine to keep the information even more up to date.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ravensword
@jukezypoo:

isnt it 12 print issue and like 50 something digital ones each week?
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ravensword
@Alex_Murphy:

Theyre going to have a weekly Digital Mag taht comes in your Email that comes with your Subscription.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jkz
@Raven_Sword said:
" @jukezypoo: isnt it 12 print issue and like 50 something digital ones each week? "
I think it's something like that, or it might be 24 print issues and 40 digital, not quite sure; it's still far cheaper than EDGE and GAMEStm, both of which I subscribe to.
Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Barrock

Hell yes. Thank you for letting me know that they are taking subscriptions. I signed up immediately.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ravensword

I just mainly dont want them to be a bunch of fanboys for one console. I want them to be fair and just. I think many accused the old EGM of being very 360 biased. I think
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I used to be subscribed to EGM a really long time ago, but ended it because I always got the information faster online.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By DanielJW

I'll be buying one in a store before I consider subscribing. I'd love if it was good though. Having a nice meaty game magazine lying around is great.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jkz
@Babble said:
" @jukezypoo said:

" Should be a poll, and yes because the price is so low (64 issues for 25 dollars?!?!?!) "

No, it's a year of print (12 issues, one each month) and 52 digital issues, one per week, also coming out to a year.  The $15 choice is half that. "
Alright then, clears it all up; regardless my answer still remains the same.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

unsure i'll have to see.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Babble
@jukezypoo said:
" @Babble said:
" @jukezypoo said:

" Should be a poll, and yes because the price is so low (64 issues for 25 dollars?!?!?!) "

No, it's a year of print (12 issues, one each month) and 52 digital issues, one per week, also coming out to a year.  The $15 choice is half that. "
Alright then, clears it all up; regardless my answer still remains the same. "
Yeah, I still think it's a good deal. Just don't want anyone rushing to buy it thinking they are getting something like five years worth of print magazines, haha.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jkz
@Babble said:
" @jukezypoo said:
" @Babble said:
" @jukezypoo said:

Alright then, clears it all up; regardless my answer still remains the same. "
Yeah, I still think it's a good deal. Just don't want anyone rushing to buy it thinking they are getting something like five years worth of print magazines, haha. "
Oh no, hehe. I knew it was a split between Print and Digital, I just wasn't sure if it was two years of print and bi-weekly digital, or if it was one year print and weekly digital. 

I've sort of become inured to subscription costs because of the ridiculous cost of EDGE and GAMES (I really don't know why I subscribe).
Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Andorski

With BitMob and CO-OP currently being free access to what those guys' work... I'll have to wait and see what new things they do with this new business model before I shell some dough for it.

evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By evildeadron

i will wait and see what the magazine is like, if they bring back "the rest of the crap" from the old egm, ill probably subscribe
ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ImpendingFoil

I subscribed to the 6 month version for $14.99.  If the first 6 months are great I'll renew for a full year.

nyuckelhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nyuckelhead

Wow EGM is bringing back its printed stuff. I read that magazine for years and thought it was great. but the last year or so it was around the writing felt a bit bland. Are they going to have the same people working on it or a whole new staff i wonder?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By TheHBK

No, EGM is only for chumps who shop at GameStop.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#28  Edited By citizenkane

I'll have to see how the first few issues are before committing on a subscription.  I have high hopes, though.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By Branthog

I do not subscribe to any physical magazines nor will I. An affordable digital version is fine, as long as it doesn't have frustrating DRM (how about giving me PDFs with no DRM and only my name on each page?) and does have high quality content that I won't be able to get anywhere else. If the digital issues don't have the same content of the printed versions, then I'm not interested. I'm also not interested in spending more than $10 or $15 at the absolute max, regardless of how many they'll be putting out over the period of a year.

JoshLarson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JoshLarson

I'd like to see truthful and honest previews of upcoming games. Tell me if the framerate is in the single digits in spots, tell me if the game constantly crashes the system you are playing it on. DON'T end a preview with "still, there is plenty of time to polish things up". Dont fricking write about how a game could be, write about how a game actually is at the moment. Gamers know things can change so don't kiss publisher ass at the expense of your credibility *coughIGNcough*.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MikkaQ

Nope, screw print to all hell. Internets for life!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By penguindust

Well, I don't know.  I'd like to support Dan Hsu and all he does, but on the same note, I get Game Informer now and I never read it.  I only read stuff on the internet these days (and from the back of cereal boxes.)

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By Willy105

Game Informer pretty much killed my interests in magazines. Having the internet widely available doesn't help.