Witcher 3 Check-ins By Vinny

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Good day everyone! I've been thinking about it for some time, now that GBeast seems to be mostly operational at this point: instead (or in addition to) doing ongoing check-ins with Kerbal Space Program, I think it would be perfect if Vinny and Alex did the same thing for Witcher 3. I always thought they (particularly Vinny) always seem to shine when there is a game with heavy story and goofy bugs involved, and I really enjoyed their QL of the game. It would be like how Vinny would check in with Dark Souls 2 every now and then. What do y'all think?

grtkbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched Brad play Agar.io twice on UPF, so I think it's gotten to the point that I'll watch just about anything they throw on here. Fire'it up!

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

More Witcher and more Vinny would be great but "check-ins" doesnt go very well with storyheavy rpg stuff. Destiny and Bloodborne are games that lends itself good to that type of content. Also Vinny has said multiple times he wants to take his time and enjoy this game by himself in a dark corner.

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tiamatsword22

I think I would prefer them to do the Kerbal stuff they talked about, but if they did the Witcher as well, I would enjoy it.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I would really like a Witcher 3 spoilercast. Hoping they do that.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just love how ticklish Vinny is to RPG dialog, including Witcher games.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By colourful_hippie

Give me another Witcher 3 playdate!

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would much rather see Vinny delve deeper into Kerbal.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather they just did a spoilercast or something when he and Alex finish the game, assuming Vinny ever manages to. Maybe Skype in Brad as the guest for an episode of the Beastcast or something.

Video would be cool, but I think we should let Vinny lock himself in his basement and get properly engrossed in the world like he wants to.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By bceagles128

I don't think enough of them will finish the game for them to have a spoiler cast. It's far too easy to get sidetracked along the way. Vinny, in particular, seems too busy to dump in the time that finishing the story would require.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I want to play the witcher at some point and wouldn't be able to watch for fear of spoilers, I watched that first witcher video of the early game and then skipped almost all the QL.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By ArtisanBreads
@bceagles128 said:

I don't think enough of them will finish the game for them to have a spoiler cast. It's far too easy to get sidetracked along the way. Vinny, in particular, seems too busy to dump in the time that finishing the story would require.

I think they are going to make the time. Looks like the GOTY to me. Besides maybe MGSV I don't see another game coming in to knock it off. The Giant Bomb crew has such an up and down relationship with Metal Gear that I'm not banking on that.

Even Dan is playing the Witcher 3.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I don't really want that for the Witcher 3. I haven't even watched the quick look yet because I don't want to really spoil anything in Witcher 3- I just want to stumble onto stuff.

If he wants to keep doing that with Kerbal, though, I'm down for that. Those are always fun to watch for whatever reason.

I don't feel like the Souls games had that problem because Giant Bomb did so much content for them when the game was already out for a long while and with Dark Souls 2 they didn't do anything significant with it, or even mention it very often, and when they did that game series is easy to avoid spoilers for even minor things so it didn't feel spoilery. Bloodborne is like that too.

I feel like a lot of the Witcher 3 is just randomly discovering things, and little side stories on top of the main game, so it doesn't really lend itself to something like that. Even the side content in Witcher 3 is meaningful in a way I just want to discover on my own at this point. They'd have to do that stuff well after everyone has played it.