Word of warning, microsoft is slime.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jkmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jkmetal

On or around October of 2006 I decided to try xbox live for the 360 that I owned at the time. ( looking back that thing was a serious P.O.S) I paid for a one month $7.99 subscription for xbox live gold. Nothing special, I didn't go to pay for another month. (or so I thought.....)

Fast foward to last week. Yes, last fucking week. I get an overdraft on my debt account. Granted I should have had more than $5 in it but I only use it for school and I pay for everything during the summer in cash. Yup, you guessed it,  $7.99. For shitty service for their loud, hideous, white halo adpater. (Oh, and I dislike Halo with a passion too. Hate it actually.)

So I call them to cancel. First they asked me about my gamertag. I have no idea what it was, I mean come on, this was 2 years ago. They tell me they need it and to go online on xbot.com and login to find out what it was. Too bad I don't remember the password and the email account was from a company that went under. (patriot media) Then they ask me about a secert question, "what was your favorite t.v show that is no longer on the air"  What?  I don't watch t.v so    I refuse. Finally we go to my credit card and they cancel. They end the phone conversation with, of all things, a plug for microsoft shit. Yeah thanks, will buy.

So yes, part of this is my own stupidity, naviety (freshmen in college at the time, bright eyed with all the trust in the world....) but they don't even monitor account activity. They couldn't even tell if I was or was not using it.  As I understood it paying for one month was  a one month that's it deal. I guess I was wrong, dead fucking wrong.

Fuck you Microsoft. Ugh, I feel dirty even using their fucking OS. Where is linux computer gaming?

So bring it on. Call me out on my incompetence in life, tell me to "an hero" or whatever the fuck.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

Where the fuck did you sign up for a 7.99 per month XBL plan?

And I hate to say this, but it really is your fault for not cancelling when you stopped playing. It's common practice to automatically renew like that.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Shawn
Jayge said:
"Where the fuck did you sign up for a 7.99 per month XBL plan?

And I hate to say this, but it really is your fault for not cancelling when you stopped playing. It's common practice to automatically renew like that.
"
I think he bought the 1 month card
jkmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jkmetal
Jayge said:

"
I know its my fault but how could I know that was common pratice. I was 18 at the time. I now know this (almost 21) but at the time I didn't.

7.99 is the going rate.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I think that's pretty much you're own fault for not reading the details. And for not checking your bank statements. I mean, if you can go for nearly 2 years without realizing they were still taking your money, then what if someone gets your card details and starts using it, and you don't notice? You should allways keep a check on your finances to make sure everything is where it should be. You never know what might happen.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Microsoft is the dirt on the shoe of the gaming world, but that doesn't make it any less your responsibility to cancel.

jkmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jkmetal
Shawn said:
"Jayge said:

"
"
No, I signed up through the motherfucking piece of goddamn shit halo adapter. Which is how they got me.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Jayge_

Weird. I've never seen that rate before.

If that ever happens to you again though, you could try roughing up the Customer Service a little bit. They usually try to deny you stuff, but if you keep insisting on speaking to manger's manager's manager's, eventually they may concede and reimburse you a bit, or try to give you free MS points or something.

Just_Insane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Just_Insane
jkmetal said:
"Shawn said:
"Jayge said:

"
"
No, I signed up through the motherfucking piece of goddamn shit halo adapter. Which is how they got me.
"
halo adapter?
DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By DARKIDO07
Shawn said:
"Jayge said:

"
"
Doesn't matter, Xbox Live automatically renews your subscription. You need to cancel it. That is your fault (at the original poster) for not realizing that your subscription gets renewed. Now go back to your Playstation that you obviously love so much.
jkmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jkmetal
DARKIDO07 said:
"Shawn said:
"Jayge said:

"
"
Doesn't matter, Xbox Live automatically renews your subscription. You need to cancel it. That is your fault (at the original poster) for not realizing that your subscription gets renewed. Now go back to your Playstation that you obviously love so much.
"
It's p.c, fucktard.

It should not be so hard to cancel.

Yeah I was young and stupid I made a mistake.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#12  Edited By citizenkane

You have some issues to deal with.