Worst end credit music ever?

Agent_Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Agent_Prince

We've all heard bad pieces of music from a game over the years, but sometimes end credits can deliver quite the 'WTF' moment (E.G. Castlevania SOTN).

What are your weird, worst and wonderful end credit themes from videogames?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

Metal Gear Solid 4 had this which was weird at the time but now with that Ground Zeroes trailer it makes perfect sense.

Loading Video...

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I dunno man that SotN music was preeeettty good.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

The end credit music in Mortal Kombat 9 was barely there and evoked absolutely nothing.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

That dumb fucking rap song over the Dishonored credits was cringe inducingly shitty

Achaemenid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shortbreadtom: Wow, I don't remember there being a horrible rap song over the credits of dishonored at all, and I beat that game 3 times. Maybe my brain is trying to suppress the memory.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shortbreadtom

@achaemenid: Maybe I'm misremembering the genre, but I remember hating the song

EDIT: I now remember what I was getting at. There was some trailer in the lead up to release that had a terrible rap song over it, the credits song is just a bad alt rock, emo number

Loading Video...

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I remember the credits for Knack being the most jaw-droppingly wretched thing I'd seen/heard at that point.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to say the ending song to Mass Effect. I remember hating it, but going back and listening to it? It's not as shit as I remember. in fact, it's pretty great. Anyway, memory is a strange thing is all I'm saying and at one point I did hate this song.

Loading Video...

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for Rouge Warrior.

Loading Video...

wallofbricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Black Ops 2

Loading Video...

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

The ending credits music from MGS2 isn't bad per se, but it's needlessly mournful, it goes on forever and you couldn't skip it. So now I hate it.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wallofbricks: Black Ops 2 was pretty bad. No guitar straps, either.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@l1ghtn1n: Yeah really that song is the one and only redeeming feature of Rogue Warrior.

anywhereilay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@jadegl: That track is recognized by many as an awesome credit track :/ Evoked a lot of emotion as I ended this amazing start to an amazing trilogy.
Well atleast you enjoy it now :P

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dishonored was shit

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NTM

@corruptedevil: I was just thinking of this... It was weird to me, I just thought some of the singing was tonally bad, and I'd feel like I have to turn it down for it. Some of it I like, and some of it I find grating.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

The credits song from the first Mafia always stuck out to me as kinda out of place. The whole game tries so hard (and succesful) to convey a believable 1930s atmosphere, and then you get a piece of rap music or whatever genre that is playing over the credits.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jensonb: Yeah, MGS2's ending song was pretty bland, but really the whole ending of that game is poor, from how they cut all the shots of Arsenal Gear crashing through a bunch of NYC, to how much Solidus was a terrible antagonist who had no presence and was barely explored at all.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jadegl

@armaan8014: Yeah, looking back I don't know what the fudge I was thinking. But I'm coming clean with you all now. :)

I will say that the end song to Dragon Age: Origins was pretty bad, mainly because I didn't think it fit well with the game, in my opinion. Maybe I was thinking of that? I have no idea.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Corevi

@ntm: The recording from Ground Zeroes is better in every way

Loading Video...

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I can only post the best credits song, as I never really pay attention to credits music but these credits made me watch till the end, which is SUPER RARE!!!

Loading Video...

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#26 fisk0  Moderator

That song from the end of Limbo of the Lost maybe? That was still the best part of the entire game though.

That Linkin Park song at the end of Medal of Honor 2010 was really bad too.

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon technically had a terrible nu metal song too, but the weird Japaneseness of it all, with lines like "Gotta stay fly, gotta stay strong! Ace ready, all day long" kinda made it adorable instead. Turns out Japan is better at doing Linkin Park than Linkin Park are.

Loading Video...

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Corevi

If we are veering into the best ending themes it's a tie between MGS3's Way to Fall by Starsailor and Transistor's Paper Boats.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

(I kinda love the MGS series)

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: Yeah. The song itself isn't bad, it was just the woman singing it that didn't sing it well in most spots in my opinion.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The worst end credits are the unskippable ones that go on FOREVER and you're not sure if there'll be content at the end or if you have to watch them all the way for it to count as being completed. I'm sure there's already been a dozen threads about this though.

I'm trying to think of the most recent example of this happening to me but I'm getting a blank. I think it was a Ubisoft game and they had to thank all their different studios around the world with individual credits for each member of staff (possibly another publisher with a bazillion different studios). But I can't think of a Ubisoft game I've completed recently.... Or any game for that matter but there was one that really pissed me off.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Korn song at the end of Silent Hill Downpour was pretty out of place and awful.

Loading Video...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@thunderslash: I think the song is OK, but yeah it has no place in a Silent Hill game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Yummylee

@jadegl said:

@armaan8014: Yeah, looking back I don't know what the fudge I was thinking. But I'm coming clean with you all now. :)

I will say that the end song to Dragon Age: Origins was pretty bad, mainly because I didn't think it fit well with the game, in my opinion. Maybe I was thinking of that? I have no idea.

D=

Comon now, even if you don't like it you can't deny that it's at least tonally in-line with the game. I'm almost certain it's the same vocalist that does the main menu theme and Leliana's Song at that. Though that pre-release Marilyn Manson trailer... now that was some peculiar choice of music right there.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Elwoodan

Black Ops 2 without a doubt. They take possibly the most interesting enemy they've managed to write and let AVENGED SEVENFOLD walk all over him. Regardless of my personal distaste for the band it was one of the most jarring and poorly executed end credit 'gagz' I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@jadegl said:

D=

Comon now, even if you don't like it you can't deny that it's at least tonally in-line with the game. I'm almost certain it's the same vocalist that does the main menu theme and Leliana's Song at that. Though that pre-release Marilyn Manson trailer... now that was some peculiar choice of music right there.

I think he was more thinking this song. I just finished Origins recently and it was just about the most jarring song ever. Bad bad bad choice.

Loading Video...

(my vote goes to that song, by the way)

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabid619: Oh... Oh.

Jesus, I think I may have quite literally blacked that out after I finally put that game to rest. Also, by the by Jadegl is a she.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: Yeah it's... not good. But hey, who needs suppressed memories!

50/50 chance on gender, get it wrong. Never was any good at odds.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@wallofbricks: I'll second that pick. It was really jarring and out of place for me.

xite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By xite

I'm sorry but I can only post the BEST end credits music.

Loading Video...

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gears of War 1, Modern Warfare 1, and Black Ops 2 all had REALLY inappropriate end themes, as previously documented in this thread.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jadegl

@rabid619: Yeah I was thinking that song. It just was so anachronistic for what the game was, plus its not something I would listen to anyway.

And yeah, I'm a lady, but if you didn't see my little picture it wouldn't have been apparent. And considering the demographics on video game sites, yeah. I can see choosing one over the other. :)

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Fear 3 had Mother by Danzig... That is pretty awful...

Loading Video...