• 132 results
Posted by patrickklepek (3493 posts) -

In case you didn't hear, while biking home on Thursday, I hit a rather large pothole at full speed, flipped off my bike, and broke my collarbone on my left shoulder. I shouldn't be out of the office for too long, but I'm definitely going to be knocked out of commission for a few days, thanks to minor surgery. If I had a copy of my x-ray, I'd post it. I should remember to do that when I'm at the doctor again.

The easy way out of this would be to put off Worth Reading until next week, but I'd already collected a huge dump of links to share with you guys. Rather than scrap everything I'd been gathering this week, Worth Reading is going to ditch being a fancy set of links and, instead, actually be a huge dump of links.

Enjoy.

Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (3493 posts) -

In case you didn't hear, while biking home on Thursday, I hit a rather large pothole at full speed, flipped off my bike, and broke my collarbone on my left shoulder. I shouldn't be out of the office for too long, but I'm definitely going to be knocked out of commission for a few days, thanks to minor surgery. If I had a copy of my x-ray, I'd post it. I should remember to do that when I'm at the doctor again.

The easy way out of this would be to put off Worth Reading until next week, but I'd already collected a huge dump of links to share with you guys. Rather than scrap everything I'd been gathering this week, Worth Reading is going to ditch being a fancy set of links and, instead, actually be a huge dump of links.

Enjoy.

Staff
#2 Posted by Tirin (7 posts) -

Nice to see you doing this even though your out of the office

#3 Posted by WulfBane (189 posts) -

Great choice for the embedded image. Feel better man.

#4 Posted by killawogg (222 posts) -

that sucks i ve broke my collar bone i know that it makes your arm useless for a while

#5 Posted by yyZiggurat (1013 posts) -

What kind of worth reading is this? These aren't even clickable links.

#6 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

Why even do this at all, just fucking rest

#7 Posted by tragicallyept (2 posts) -

Feel better Patrick!

#8 Edited by SirOptimusPrime (1954 posts) -

Fair enough. Hopefully that shit heals within the month and there's no nerve damage!

... yay for positivity.

EDIT: Fuck, they're all clickable links now. I knew I hated this guy.

#9 Posted by Shensai (40 posts) -

WE LOVE YOU PATRICK!! HOPE YOU GET WELL SOON!!!!

#10 Posted by BaconBuTTy (171 posts) -

Get well soon

But, uh. I ain't clicking any of that.

#11 Posted by bombedyermom (226 posts) -

Also, feel better P Diddy.

#12 Posted by Winsord (1167 posts) -

Get well soon!

#13 Posted by TheJappernaut (124 posts) -

I broke my collar bone when I was young, it sucked. Hope you get better soon Patrick, it took me at least a month to fully recover.

#14 Posted by johnsonic7 (75 posts) -

Sorry to hear that. I wish you a swift recovery, Patrick.

#15 Posted by themangalist (1722 posts) -

This is the worst, but also the best. Hope you're doing better!

#16 Posted by Kaowas (124 posts) -

Sorry to hear that you broke your collarbone, man. That's a rough one to break. I guess we can add Worth Reading to stuff that nothing can stop now.

Hope you start feeling better, Patrick!

#17 Posted by RanmaRanma (67 posts) -

Get better Patrick!

#18 Posted by Flappy (2139 posts) -

Get well soon, Patrick!

#19 Posted by alcor741 (75 posts) -

Get better soon man!

#20 Posted by AnjinM (108 posts) -

Thanks, Patrick. This is above and beyond what I'd expect.

#21 Posted by core1065 (543 posts) -

Get well soon.

#22 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

Ouch! Glad I never leave my basement.

#23 Posted by JStaunton (150 posts) -

@yyZiggurat said:

What kind of worth reading is this? These aren't even clickable links.

OH NOES

#24 Posted by MrBlueJackle (124 posts) -

@patrickklepek: Maybe this will cheer you up. Although maybe laughing will make it worse... Oh well, hope you get better!

#25 Posted by TadThuggish (904 posts) -

Thanks for fucking up another quick look by not being there, Patrick! ;_;

#26 Posted by deano546 (182 posts) -

Get well soon Kleptok!

#27 Posted by mak_wikus (507 posts) -

Get well, Jensen! I mean Patrick!

#28 Posted by FinalDasa (1502 posts) -

I saw that on twitter and meant to reply. I hope you feel better soon Patrick and get the night of birthday drinking you so richly deserve!

#29 Posted by crapdragoon (42 posts) -

My pops broke his left collarbone in a very nasty accident where he broke his neck and they didnt notice his collarbone was broken when they put the halo on him... so afterwards when it healed it had a huge stump towards the center where it meets up with the other collarbone.

#30 Posted by MattGrant (122 posts) -

I love how it takes Patrick breaking his collarbone for people to be nice to him. In all seriousness, feel better duder.

#31 Edited by Waffley (141 posts) -

Patrick, you put in so many great links but completely missed murdered.com. Great work nonetheless, and sorry to hear about your accident. Take as much time as you need, and I hope this cheers you up!

Also I can't actually spot a Skate 3 link in there but the header image reminded me that anyone who loves watching ragdolls do hilarious/bizarre/buggy things needs to watch HelixSnake's and his fellow Skate 3 players' videos.

#32 Posted by laserbolts (5314 posts) -

Take as much time as you need. Actually take more than that if you want.

#33 Posted by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

Very nice of you, Patrick. Never expected to see Worth Reading this week and am almost appalled that you felt it necessary to post it all. Still, thanks for taking the time.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

#34 Posted by Video_Game_King (36062 posts) -

This cannot stand. Community: everybody summarize one link. Anybody who chooses an article must also choose a quote to go with it.

#35 Posted by ch3burashka (5017 posts) -

@wemibelec90 said:

Very nice of you, Patrick. Never expected to see Worth Reading this week and am almost appalled that you felt it necessary to post it all. Still, thanks for taking the time.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

NOTHING STOPS THE ENDURANCE KLEPEK

#36 Posted by jeffrud (382 posts) -

Patrick, I like your spirit on this one. In fact, I admire the hell out of it. Get better, then kick that pothole's ass.

#37 Posted by BeachThunder (11711 posts) -

:( Poor Patrick

Also, link dumps - the second best kind :o

#38 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Nothing stops the feminist agenda!

#39 Posted by crimsonlordofwar (138 posts) -

"I'll be in a comma for the next few days, but before I lapse over into a field of medically induced hallucinations I made a WR, enjoy"

#40 Posted by TarHeels2302 (18 posts) -

That was nice of you to post anything at all, thanks man always love this stuff. Get well and take the bus!

#41 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1954 posts) -

@Waffley said:

Patrick, you put in so many great links but completely missed murdered.com. Great work nonetheless, and sorry to hear about your accident. Take as much time as you need, and I hope this cheers you up!

Also I can't actually spot a Skate 3 link in there but the header image reminded me that anyone who loves watching ragdolls do hilarious/bizarre/buggy things needs to watch HelixSnake's and his fellow Skate 3 players' videos.

That video is amazing. The clip with the barrels was hilarious.

#42 Posted by Carousel (418 posts) -

Advertising Kuchera articles?

C'mon, Patrick.

#43 Posted by dRUNKENcELTIC (15 posts) -

Get well dude, total champ for putting anything out at all!

#44 Posted by SgtSphynx (1270 posts) -

Hope you heal up quick Patrick

#45 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11487 posts) -

Well, at least you'll have plenty of time to sit in bed and play Fire Emblem, eh Patrick?

#46 Posted by JordanaRama (161 posts) -

Oh shit, get better Patrick

#47 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5260 posts) -

Get better Scoops.

#48 Posted by a_beluga_whale (80 posts) -

Filed under: Bones, Injury

Awesome. Get well soon, Patrick.

#49 Posted by Reisz (1461 posts) -

Shit Patrick, didn't expect it on time this week, hope that collar bone isn't giving you too much shit. Thanks for this, heal well man!

#50 Posted by ILikePopCans (746 posts) -

TELL THAT BONE WHATS WHAT YEAH

Get well soon Patrick.