Would you have come otherwise?

Tangeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Tangeu

I noticed in the How did you discover Giant Bomb that most people came here as a following of Jeff.  Just like my topic asks, for as neat as this site is would you have come here if it were not Jeff and Co. starting it up?  I would like to think yes, a site like this sells itself and doesn't need such a spokesperson but its hard for me to say really.  On one hand we have this awesome database system, blogs, forums and such, but on the other hand would that be enough without the air of familiarity and trust we have built up in the style, form, likes and dislikes of these bomb builders.  Let me know what you think.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By samcotts

I wouldn't of come here if Jeff and Co weren't involved. And even if I did, I wouldn't of stayed. Not saying this site is bad, I love it here, but knowing who owns it, people that I admire in gaming, makes a big difference to me.

Though Jeff and Co don't know of my existence, I see them as almost friends, in a weird way. Yeah, sad, I know...

11samype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By 11samype

Jeff and the Giant Bomb crew were the main reason for me coming here.  I love there work and want to support their site.

sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By sonicmj1

I might have made my way here eventually otherwise, but the publicity surrounding Jeff's departure, and his starting this site, led to me following it right after the initial blog launched.

There's no way it would have exploded this fast without their editorial star power.

sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sdodd02

Prolly not of cause I wouldn't have heard about it.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Vinchenzo
Sdodd412 said:
"Prolly not of cause I wouldn't have heard about it.
"
Same.
TLT21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TLT21

I really don't think i would be here if not for jeff

Prob. wouldn't have heard it
DorianBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By DorianBlack

I followed Jeff's blog he made after the incident to wait and see what he was going to be doing and that brought me here when the blog version first came up. I'm sure after some time without Jeff /Ryan making this I would have known about it if it became popular enough. But thats hard to say because Jeff, Ryan, Brad, and Vinny are what attract me to this site anyway.

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

Nope. ReTarDedFisHy loves the old crew. Wouldn't have known about this site otherwise anyway.

Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Why_So_Serious

I would have come but probably wouldn't have been near as active due to the fact that it would be a game site I would have no memory ties to.

joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By joshs

I believe that the site itself wouldn't have been as well known if it weren't for them being the ones who started it. It would still be a great site but I doubt I would have known about it otherwise.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Disgaeamad

I honestly have no idea, but I get the feeling that I wouldn't even know about the place if Jeff and co. hadn't founded it.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By I_smell

I would've made some contributions, but I wouldn't have stayed unless they had a really good podcast and video reviews.

If it were anyone else fannying about in E3 videos, I'd stay.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what, I probably wouldn't have heard or known about it, no. But if I watched that walkthrough video, then I probably would have atleast tried the site and joined the forums. If there was no community though, I wouldn't be here.