Would you want to see your character sheet/rank?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I've been thinking, if people could have their abilities displayed similar to an RPG or sports game, listing intelligence, strength, etc., would you want to see it, or would you be afraid of the answer?

On one hand I think it would be awesome to find out how I rank, but at the same time if I turned out to be crappy, that'd be pretty depressing.

I've always wondered what athletes think of their skills as shown in sports games, does a low ranked player get bothered by his bad stats, or does he kind of expect that?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well if 99 implies being in the top 1% that isn't really that difficult to achieve; being in the top 0.01%, there's something to strive for.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Well of course I'd wanna see that stuff! I've already got a pretty dang good idea of what all of my weaknesses are, but maybe I've got a few points in a skill I haven't been utilizing.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Totally.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

There has never been a time when I did not want granular graphical data.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'd be interested in seeing my own, but the notion of everyone having their own character sheet to which they can determine their value against others, doesn't sound great. But yeah, the sad truth is that I would probably do more work if I was filling up my own xp bar.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I have dreamed of that. Life would be so much nicer if you had a way to just see data on your life and see it progress.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Yeah that would be pretty cool. I don't know what to expect but I hope to surprise myself.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#9 sgtsphynx  Moderator

Who wouldn't?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463: It's not particularly hard to quantify pretty much everything that happens in your life; good luck communicating it to the number impaired though.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always wondered what athletes think of their skills as shown in sports games, does a low ranked player get bothered by his bad stats, or does he kind of expect that?

No an athlete doesn't think anything of their stats because they are too dumb too read them since they were allowed to skip classes to get teenagers pregnant.

According to DnD 3.5 rules the average stat for an average person is 10. So if you are weaker than the average person you would have less than 10 in that field. I would like to see my character sheet, sure. It probably isn't too bad.

I'd guess something like

STR 9

DEX 10

CON 11

INT 12

WIS 7

CHA 13

I'm certainly no hero so I'm not gonna see any sweet +4 modifiers.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

The core three, STR, DEX, and INT are the easy ones, but knowing the others would give me serious insights that I don't currently possess. Am I wise? How much of a beating can I take?

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely. I want to know how many hit points I have, and whether I have any ongoing status effects.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Slaegar

@veektarius said:

The core three, STR, DEX, and INT are the easy ones, but knowing the others would give me serious insights that I don't currently possess. Am I wise? How much of a beating can I take?

I'd figure Wisdom is how world weary you are. Street smarts or however you like to call it. Wisdom impacts spot and listen checks because you have learned to know what to listen and look for. Wisdom would likely show with how well you can deal with the mental rigors of every day life and how well you thrive in it. It may also affect things like your ability to cook without needing recipes.

Constitution would probably show up in how long you are able to do something moderately physical. You may not be able to pick up an 80 pound box, but you could pick up 20 pound boxes all day without breaking a sweat? It would also have to do with your pain tolerance and how well you can deal with heat/cold.

Charisma is fairly simple. Do you handle yourself well when talking to people? Can you make friends and associates easily? Do people like to talk to you? If you are good at some kind of performing art you would also have good charisma.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By veektarius

@slaegar: I know what those things are, but I don't feel it's easy to rate myself on them. I can tell I don't have the charisma to be a chick magnet, but am I good at getting people to do what I need them to? I think so, but it's never really been tested under dire circumstances. The same with constitution - I've never really been forced to endure anything truly trying (though I suspect mine is low). And wisdom? There's probably no objective measure of wisdom, even if mine has been tested. Some would say Macchiavelli was wise, others would say Rousseau was, and I can't imagine they'd agree.

Knowing those things about myself really would help me know my capabilities better.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Karkarov
Nautilus1515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nautilus1515

I would have no endurance since I smoke. I can't even go up two flights of stairs without panting heavily.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Sure, I'd love to.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

Hell no.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov: That quiz is way too fucking long.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean i can already guess how awful i'd be, but hey it could be fun. Maybe im naturally gifted at kung fu or guns and just dont know since i havent really done stuff like that before.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would absolutely want it if it were detailed enough. "You mean to say I could play the banjo better than anyone if I only tried?!"

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov: That quiz is way too fucking long.

Hahahaha well it does give you not only stats but alignment, level, and class.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By tourgen

I always found it interesting that the most important character traits were never on a D&D sheet - motivation, discipline, perseverance, mental intensity & focus.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yes.

@karkarov said:

So if you really want to know....

http://easydamus.com/character.html

Fucking christ. I started taking the quiz because I thought "Eh, what the hell," until I looked at the fucking scrollbar and realized I was 1/29th of the way through it. Jesus.

Elsric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Elsric

I'd be interested to see how just good/terrible I am

@karkarov said:

Okay, according to this (after altering some of my answers a couple of times on questions with iffy answers) I am; a Lawful Good Human WizardWizard/Sorcerer Paladin, with:

Str 12 10

Dex 10

Con 12 10

Int 10

Wis 12

Cha 12

Not sure what to make to that...

Glad that I'm apparently Lawful Good and a Paladin (my preferred alignment & class)

Neonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Neonie

@karkarov said:

Chaotic Neutral Human Rogue (2nd Level)

Ability Scores:

Strength- 8

Dexterity- 9

Constitution- 12

Intelligence- 9

Wisdom- 9

Charisma- 9

Accurate to a T

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MannyMAR

According to that Quiz it seems I'd be an OP Badass.

Lawful Neutral Human Monk/Sorcerer (2nd/2nd Level)

Ability Scores:

Strength- 15

Dexterity- 15

Constitution- 17

Intelligence- 17

Wisdom- 15

Charisma- 17

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It depends. Are skills raised by using them, or do I get to arbitrarily raise skills after a certain amount of overall experience is accumulated? Are there grind-y exploits?

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

What would really suck is when your abilities are OP but you've not made anything out of your life or not had the opportunities to do so. There you are, sitting at home with your amazing abilities but ultimately you amount to nothing but a miserable pile of secrets.