#1  Edited By Verdugo
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I wholeheartedly agree, dude. In fact, Gears of War and Halo 3 were the first games I picked up when I got my 360, and I really didn't enjoy the original Gears much. For some reason, I could just never get into it. I'd play a few levels, and just was never too impressed, so I'd go play another game instead. By the time I'd go back to Gears, it would be months later so I'd start over from the beginning. I ended up just playing the first few levels over and over a few times and still never enjoyed it much to go any further. Then Gears 2 came out and changed everything. It sucked me in and I loved it from beginning to end. It cleaned up the gameplay, made the cover system more responsive, made the characters much more interesting, and added a great story. It wasn't until after beating Gears 2 that I went back and beat GOW1 and found that I enjoyed it a little more than before, but I still feel it doesn't hold much of a candle to the sequel. I also discovered that Gears of War 1 is much more fun in co-op than solo. Sure, I suppose Gears 2 is better with co-op as well, but it's still awesome even if you're playing alone.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Bulldog19892

It is better in every way. I wouldn't say the story was that amazing though, and if you ask me the dialogue was flat-out awful, but it was fun as hell. They addressed almost all of my complaints about the first one.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead
Bulldog19892 said:
"It is better in every way. I wouldn't say the story was that amazing though, and if you ask me the dialogue was flat-out awful, but it was fun as hell. They addressed almost all of my complaints about the first one."
While I wouldn't say the dialogue was exactly Aaron Sorkin quality, it harked back to 80's action movies and soit fit in perfectly.
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Verdugo

GOW 1 was fairly enjoyable, definitely flat out fun at times, but not amazing. GOW 2 is a step above all of that.

Plus, playing Horde online can be a hell of a good time:D.