Xbox Game Pass for $2 right now, Good deal for PC also...

Moderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So this is timely as it will only remain valid for another 3 days but as of right now, Xbox Game Pass for both PC and XBOX is $2 which is an incredible deal...

Here is the link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass/cfq7ttc0k6l8/0001

As an exclusive PC user, I found this a fucking amazing deal considering I've been wanting to try out Halo Wars 2 on PC and I can even have the full experience with all the extra paid content being included with Game Pass. THE THING IS, I just found out that: 1. The Microsoft Store is still fucking trash 2. Games need to be BOTH Xbox Game Pass AND Xbox Play Anywhere in order to play on PC... which fucking sucks but I guess it makes sense because third parties would lose a shit ton money... now.... someone get Game Pass and 1v1 me Halo Wars 2 lol..

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Seems to be only available in the USA. Good deal still.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By pweidman

Incredible deal indeed. Also, FH4 goes right onto GP, Oct. 2nd. Anyone play the new MC collection that's been 4K'd and HDR'd? Curious how good the games look now. 343 is claiming solid 60 fps on them all too.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@pweidman: the MCC is pretty good. Particularly Halo 3. They never did any enhancements to 3 other than running native in 1080p. The additional bump to 4k with hdr makes it look very nice.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu said:

@pweidman: the MCC is pretty good. Particularly Halo 3. They never did any enhancements to 3 other than running native in 1080p. The additional bump to 4k with hdr makes it look very nice.

The stand-alone version of Halo 3 has been X1X-enhanced for awhile. Not quite full 4K, but pretty close.

Charongreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Awesome duder, I would have completely missed it. Thanks!

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the heads up, had to get redirected to the Canadian site but still got the month for $2 (CAD too so even cheaper actually)

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wait, Xbox game pass works on PC??

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pweidman: I played about five to ten minutes of each, then uninstalled it. The game simultaneously looks better than ever, while also worse than I remember. As an example, in Halo 4 textures are quite low, and one scene which opens up to an array of ships and space, an exterior of which you'll be a few minutes after is just a big glob. Lower resolutions I think it was more believable. Halo 3 to me is still the one that holds up best, even though you can argue it's not the best looking one overall.

teo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By imhungry

Wow thanks for the heads up. It's also apparently $2 in my local currency instead of USD so it's an even better deal.

Edit: I forgot how much of a mess the Microsoft Store interface is.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By pweidman

@teo22 said:

Why does it say "Over 100 games" but when I click on "Explore entire catalogue" there's only 24 games listed?

Click on "Show All Games". Those 24 were just "Featured" games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1
deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just signed up. Sale ends in three hours. You do get an unadvertised second month free. So my next billing is November 3rd now.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

It is not a good deal at all for PC, but it's one of the best things ever done for Xbox consoles.