Xbox One, Presentation is all Fluff?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This whole presentations seems to be nothing other then fluff? Yes they showed the box, but all the gameplay footage is definitely not real time in game footage. All the buzz words and the over selling of the grand idea with the TV stuff is really turning me away.

This whole things seems like a sales pitch to non gamers, who have no idea about games.

I don't know about you guys, but Sony had me excited about games. All of the developers being excited as well gives me hope.Microsoft has me thinking that all we are going to see is super focus tested content. Espn, sports games, cheap scifi show?

This is not were games are moving, games are moving into more indie scenes, purchase during development, kickstarter. I've bought the most indie games this year than any other year, and Microsoft not saying a word about anything creative has really turned me off.

No thanks Microsoft.

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Of course it is, I didn't expect anything else - it looks like an amazing console, especially for families, but I've learned during this generation that I'm totally fine with one console, and since I'm much, much more interested in PlayStation exclusives I'll stick with that console since this early look of the Xbox One, and the services around it, was exactly what I expected.

McTangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe if we add CPUs with loads of cores but running at pathetic speeds, people will think it's really powerful, for some reason, probably.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By StarFoxA

They didn't address the "online only" rumors, used games, or Xbox Live subscriptions, literally the three things that I was most interested in hearing about.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@starfoxa said:

They didn't address the "online only" rumors, used games, or Xbox Live subscriptions, literally the three things that I was most interested in hearing about.

Did they not say something along the lines of "using your current subscription" for XBL? Maybe I misinterpreted, but I took that as "yes, you still have to pay".

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was shit.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two new consoles, two press conferences that show why there is no need to buy during the "launch window". Wake me up when someone shows some interesting games.

(And make models without dumb shit I don't need like cable TV integration and share buttons.)

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ez123

Pretty crappy. If Sony announces that online is still free, the decision of which to get first(or at all) will be very easy. I think the controller loks nice, at least. The vagueness of the spec talk also leads me to believe the PS4 is more powerful. Even the few games they did show were disappointing. I wanted a PGR, damnit.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@starfoxa said:

Did they not say something along the lines of "using your current subscription" for XBL? Maybe I misinterpreted, but I took that as "yes, you still have to pay".

I was barely paying attention, so they probably said that. That's another strike against Xbox.

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starfoxa said:

For what they showed, I would have been more interested if they just pulled an Andy Kaufman and had someone on stage reading The Great Gatsby for the entire hour. Supremely disappointed.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jimmyfenix

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT ?

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

I feel like I know less than I did before the press conference.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By neoepoch

I love 5 billion transistors.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By icicle7x3

We saw J Allard, 10/10.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CptBedlam

lol .... HEY GUYZ! WE HAVE TV, FOOTBALL AND CALL OF DUTY!!!!111

PS4 it is for me.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, I'm interested in the Remedy game and since MW3 I'm finally intrigued by a new CoD game, but experiencing the campaign won't force me to own the new Xbox. There are still more games to be seen here soon but for now I'm a-ok with sticking to PC.

doltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By doltz

I'm sorry, but I have a Mac, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV that all work together, and I have a cable box... I'm going with the PS4, because I want a gaming console.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By toowalrus

To me, yes. They hyped up that TV stuff so god damn much. Sitting on the remote with a remote has NEVER bothered me. Sports games don't interest me, neither does Call of Duty.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Teoball

Hardware looks good and I want a new Remedy game. That's about it.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Meh, I'm interested in the Remedy game and since MW3 I'm finally intrigued by a new CoD game, but experiencing the campaign won't force me to own the new Xbox. There are still more games to be seen here soon but for now I'm a-ok with sticking to PC.

I don't know why this one intrigues you, everything they showed looks no different to the current CoD games. Even the story the guy spoke of sounded like typical military/war game, ooooh USA in disarray, attacks, blabla-fucking-bla.

and the gameplay they did show was standard CoD, nothing more.

Worst reveal ever.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By Seppli

This pitch was not for me. The gamepad isn't much of a step up. Only broad strokes info in regards to the actual hardware specs - with the heavy *triple OS* setup, I think the 3 GBs reserverd for OS rumour is true.

The entire multimedia angle has no value outside of the US anyways. All I get here Switzerland is overpriced on demand movies and that's it - at least last time I bothered to check. Kinda intrigued about XBox Original TV shows such as Halo though.

As a gaming enthusiast, I am not enthused with Xbox One. Playstation 4 remains my purchase priority thus far. What a shit pitch this was Microsoft.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Fearbeard

Yup, pretty much fluff.

Looks fine as a household entertainment device, but the thing that's going to get me to drop money on it is games and I barely know any more about those than I did before.

Plenty of time for them to reveal stuff before it launches, but the PS4 conference got me excited that they were focused on gaming at least and this is coming from someone who thought the PS3 was a complete disaster for the first few years of its life while thoroughly enjoying the Xbox 360.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By musclerider

I think we have to remember that this was broadcast on TV so they couldn't just target us internet forum shitlords.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102