XCOM iOS Topic [Did you bought XCOM: Enemy Unknown for iOS]

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By MedalOfMode

Poll XCOM iOS Topic [Did you bought XCOM: Enemy Unknown for iOS] (32 votes)

Yes 25%
No 75%

And what do you think about The Bureau? Will it come to the iOS?

• 
Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was very interested in buying it, but the $20 price point is a little too much to justify the purchase.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the bureau might have control issues on IOS devices but im looking forward for 2k to announce XCOM ENEMY WITHIN.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

"Did you bought" ?

Also i think they said it did well. Nah, i hate touch controls.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

Admittedly, I'm out of the loop on iOS devices and I already have the PC version. I'm sure it's a totally valid version of that game though.

As for The Bureau, I wouldn't rule it out, but the reason I can see Enemy Unknown working is because the controls don't have to be responsive in the same way a third-person shooter does. Maybe when Logitech finally comes clean on that controller they're supposedly making...

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Almost, but I already own it on 360. It looked great.

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey: Bad English :P It should be "Did you BUY it?"

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I did.

If you have an iPad 2 or Mini, don't bother. Unless they did some major patching to it, it's single digit frame rates.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

I did, regrettably. It runs terribly on iPad 2, so don't bother if you don't have the newer iPad. Happy to support the devs, but for me that's $20 wasted.

And for god's sake don't play it on a phone.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Fearbeard

I got it on my iPhone 5. Easily my best gaming experience on the iPhone so far. Frame rate seems solid and the controls are fine (all the problems Brad had in the quicklook are easily avoidable if you use the camera button instead of trying to move the camera with multitouch). I don't understand why the hate for the version. Sure you are playing on a small screen but that's the point. It's highly portable and offers the full XCOM experience so I can get a few turns in when I'm standing in line or on a break at work. That seems more useful to me then the iPad version. The place where I use my tablet the most is at home and if I was gonna play XCOM at home I'd play it on my PC or 360.

I also have no desire to see The Bureau come out on iPhone. XCOM works because it's a turn based strategy game so you have time to play around fine tuning your character placement before finalizing your action. I've yet to have a satisfactory experience with action games that use virtual joysticks or buttons and I don't see how they would make the game without those.

However if they announce Enemy Within to be a turn based sequel to XCOM and announce a phone version I will definitely grab that.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@natetodamax: Maybe you'll eventually get a newer iPad and it'll run great on it. Here's hoping! :)

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@natetodamax: try updating the app now, devs released an update thats supposed to help with performance on the lower end devices.

OneLoneClone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have bought if I hadn't already obsessed over that game for months last year.