Your favourite game , on your favourite console , ever ??

NinjaCupCaiks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NinjaCupCaiks

Im just curious as to see what games you all crown your all time favourites , on your favourite consoles . 
 Im hoping you come out with obscure retro titles , not bloody mass effect :P (though I am a fan of Mass effect) 
Mine is Virtua Cop on the sega saturn . I remember opening it on Christmas morning , disregarding all other presents and playing for like 3 hours . Amazing . What about you ? :)

Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nitrocore

Shenmue on the dreamcast, I know that the giantbomb guys hate it, and it didn't really stand the test of time, but it left me with some fond memories, and the soundtrack was amazing to boot,  this game will not be forgotten.......untill I die or go mental, or both and i'm a mental zombie, who knows.

NinjaCupCaiks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NinjaCupCaiks
@Nitrocore:  Thats definately one soundtrack that sticks in my mind , I completely agree , I love my dreamcast :)
Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Alex_V

Super Mario 64, on the Nintendo 64. Dull answer.

NeoGecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By NeoGecko

PoPoLoCrois for the ps1/psp or KungFu for the NES

NeoGecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By NeoGecko
@Nitrocore:
I quickly found that i did not have nearly enough time too play Shenmue, but what I played was fun.
Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Noodles

Ocarina of Time on N64. I have such great memories playing that as a kid, it was literally the only game I played for almost a year. It was all fun and games until I got to the Water Temple, then shit got real and I had to use a guide.

NinjaCupCaiks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NinjaCupCaiks
@Noodles: Completely remember the part youre on about :P Beautiful Game .
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Cerza

Chrono Trigger on the SNES. It may not seem like much now, but back then that game was the product of the best minds in the business of JRPG's. It was amazing in every respect and extremely forward thinking.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cerza said:
" Chrono Trigger on the SNES. It may not seem like much now, but back then that game was the product of the best minds in the business of JRPG's. It was amazing in every respect and extremely forward thinking. "
No, I can understand easily. I played Chrono Trigger last year for the first time since it never got a SNES release in Australia; pretty easy to see why you'd love it so.
ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By ColinWright

Yoshi's Island on the SNES. I can honestly say i played through it eight or nine times.

NinjaCupCaiks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NinjaCupCaiks
@Cerza: Yeah , as far as my extensive retro game knowledge goes , Ive heard nothing but praise for it , I'm getting into collecting retro titles now , Is It an essential purchase in your eyes?
Brontes_Muse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Brontes_Muse
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By EpicSteve

My favorite game ever is probably Final Fantasy IX, and Smash TV. Favorite console, I hate to say, but probably the 360 for all it's features.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The best experience I have ever had with a game was Burnout 2, I originally bought it on the Gamecube but the xbox and PS2 versions looked better. 

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Evilsbane

Half Life 2, PC. Episode 2 is better but nothing beat that feeling when I first got Half Life 2 that game is AWESOME.

Butchio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Butchio

super mario world on the snes

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ZenaxPure
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, it had a simple yet elegant plot, interesting characters, but probably most mind blowing at the time for me was how real the world felt. It is ironic that as a cel-shaded game it is one of the darkest and grimiest games I have ever played. All of humanity lives miles under ground, the lower social class the further underground you are which has less clean air so people are always sick and unhealthy etc. All Ryu wants is to take his friend to the top and to the "real world" because she is dying but that involves breaking laws and fighting the government. Also does a good job at mixing strategy RPGs and turn based combat together and making it ridiculously fast paced, so much fun. 

Sure the game has a lot of flaws like basically permanent death and a terrible save system but it is still my favorite of the favorites of video games.
NinjaCupCaiks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NinjaCupCaiks
@Zenaxzd: Wow , what platform is that on ? That sounds like such an amazing game world , im amazed ive never heard of it .
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Red

Favorite Console: PS2 
Favorite Game: Shadow of the Colossus

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ZenaxPure
@NinjaCupCaiks: PS2. Not technically my favorite console but the game is by far my favorite.
NinjaCupCaiks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NinjaCupCaiks
@Zenaxzd: Thanks , I'll see If I can get it cheap , I still play PS2 a lot these days :)
najaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By najaf
@Nitrocore said:
" Shenmue on the dreamcast, I know that the giantbomb guys hate it, and it didn't really stand the test of time, but it left me with some fond memories, and the soundtrack was amazing to boot,  this game will not be forgotten.......untill I die or go mental, or both and i'm a mental zombie, who knows. "
This; but Shenmue 2 holds the top slot in my book.
ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ZenaxPure
@NinjaCupCaiks: It certainly isn't for everyone because well, the game is hard as hell and there is incentive to restart over and over but yeah, flaws aside I can't get enough of it.
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cerza
@NinjaCupCaiks said:
" @Cerza: Yeah , as far as my extensive retro game knowledge goes , Ive heard nothing but praise for it , I'm getting into collecting retro titles now , Is It an essential purchase in your eyes? "
I would say it is. It's the most sought after and hard to find SNES game as far as I know. I consider it to be up there with Mario and Zelda in terms of importance from that era. If you can, try and get a copy that has the box, manual, inserts, and the 2 maps/fold out posters. Finding the maps/ fold out posters won't be easy, because they usually got trashed and/or lost, but if you can piece together the package or get one that has it all you will have a real collectors item. I should also mention that getting a complete SNES copy of Chrono Trigger in descent condition today tends to be a bit expensive. So be prepared to spend.
cess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cess

Vagrant Story on the Playstation.
Runner up to Castlevania 3 on NES.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By CornontheCobbe

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask for the N64. Do i need to explain why? I think not.

xionpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By xionpunk

Ah  it's hard to compare different generations.   On the PS2 I think I loved Jak 2 the most. I don't know why but that game just clicked with me.  But, for something less recent,  it's between Sonic the Hedgehog and Aladdin (for serious) on the Genesis.   

Edit: Oh wait, also  Punchout and Kirby's Adventure were games that I absolutely  loved on the NES.  I think I'm bad at this topic lol.

kenjisalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By kenjisalk
@cess said:
" Vagrant Story on the Playstation. "
Pretty much this.  The game is pretty much perfect, and a wonderful peak to an already great catalog of games on my favorite console to date.
Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice on PSP or Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 on PS2.

MrSpaceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MrSpaceMan

MGS on the PS1 :)

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points