Giant Bomb Live Stream Multiplayer Thing

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By TheMasterDS

Didn't catch its name, though it also officially did not have one, but it was mentioned in the Bombcast

Thursdays at 4 PM PDT (That's Giant Bomb Time), they live stream some multiplayer (with the community), starting with Super Street Fighter 4. 

What do you guys think should be next? I would love a TF2 or L4D2 night myself. 

Edit: This was about Thursday Night Throwdown for those of you in the future present who saw the name.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By lemon360

Halo 3 night for early Reach Beta giveaways.

Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bratcher_Lev

If I remember right, it sounded like they were ONLY playing SSF4.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheMasterDS
@Bratcher_Lev: I got the impression it was a weekly thing. Let me back it up and give it another listen. 

"Starting this Thursday we will be having a ... basically we're going to do a live video stream of popular online multiplayer games." 

Yep, it's recurring.
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Gabriel
@Bratcher_Lev said:
" If I remember right, it sounded like they were ONLY playing SSF4. "
No they said it would be a recurring thing, and i just want them to play Modern Warfare 2.
Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bratcher_Lev

Wow, I guess I zoned out for a moment there then. That can happen a coupla times over the course of the two hour podcast. Glad I was wrong, I never was much for Street Fighter.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By DystopiaX

When the beta comes out, they should play some Halo: Reach. I'm mainly saying this cause my xbox is getting fixed right now so I can't play it on Tuesday. L4d with 4 editors would be awesome as well.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheMasterDS
@DystopiaX: Come to think of it, the problem with L4D2 might be that only 4 community members could get into a single game. Though, it could be fun to watch 4 editors get torn to shreds by 4 excellent players.
Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Trilogy

I would love to play Red dead redemption with the guys when it comes out.

Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bratcher_Lev

As for the ACTUAL question: I agree with the OP (is that used here?) err... @TheMasterDS. I would enjoy seeing the bomb crew's take on Team Fortress 2. I'm curious to see how they play each of the classes. They talked about it a coupla bombcasts ago and I guess that planted a seed "GIANT BOMB TF2!".

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheMasterDS
@Bratcher_Lev: Yeah, it'd be great. Tested.com, another very fine website, had a TF2 night a couple weeks back. Was fun. Will's team lost every round I think, or at least the one time I was on Will's team was the one time I lost anyway. Pure coincidence though! 

With regards to versions with TF2 they'd really need to go PC only because it's tons better than the 360 version, but with L4D2 I'd rather see them hit both versions because L4D2 is good where ever. I guess though, it should be a function of how many people play either version and since people do play L4D2 on the 360, it should be alright.
Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bratcher_Lev
@TheMasterDS: Oh god, I didn't even know people still PLAYED TF2 on the 360. It's like Valve's red headed stepson. In my experience, people only actually talk and strategize  on L4D(2) on the PC, while they run around like idiots getting me and them killed on the 360.
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DystopiaX
@TheMasterDS: or computers, I think that it would be hilarious to just pit the four of them against computer opponents; look at the mario co-op QL they did.
TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheMasterDS
@Bratcher_Lev: That's what I'm saying, they wouldn't visit it because I doubt anyone's still playing it. I think that if anyone who really enjoyed the 360 version upgraded to the PC version. I know I did. 

As for L4D2, I've built a friends list full of good miced players over games of L4D/L4D2 players over the last year and a half. I think that if you can do that with your friends list, you'll be alright. 

@DystopiaX:  Yeah, I can see that. Best part about it is that since Brad has the most L4D2 experience, having reviewed it, he'd probably be saving everyone else. Unless the infected killed him first of course.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Azteck
@Gabriel said:
" @Bratcher_Lev said:
" If I remember right, it sounded like they were ONLY playing SSF4. "
No they said it would be a recurring thing, and i just want them to play Modern Warfare 2. "
No. Not MW2. Fuck that game. I'd prefer if they play some strange, obscure NES game or something.
TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheMasterDS
@Azteck: Not a lot of NES games with online multiplayer though. I suppose it's true that we kinda have seen a lot of MW2 through its 2 quicklooks, but the difference between the Quick Looks and this is that it would be the community they were playing against, not random dudes. 

That said, I wonder how much interaction they'll have with the community? Can they figure out a way to pay attention to the voice chat such that the players are talking to the crew? 
joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#17  Edited By joey

they should do fuckin counterstrike or somethin

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Azteck
@TheMasterDS: 
Oh, so they said they'd be playing it online? Haven't gotten around to listening to the bombcast yet, so pardon me. I guess games like SF4 and the likes are ideal. It's a shame though, since I don't own any of them, and don't plan on doing so either.
TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheMasterDS

You know, I know it's probably not played online at all anymore, but I would love a Nuts and Bolts edition of Multiplayer Thing. Make it happen Brad!

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Lies

Gotta have some Halo 3 at some point. I'd love to throw down against Drew.

Unfortunately the Reach Beta won't support custom games, but they could do an eight man party and just hop into matchmaking for some 4v4

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#21  Edited By jeff

We'll definitely do the Reach Beta at some point. We're also talking about Skate 3 and a few others. We'll try to mix up the platforms and stuff as we go, too. 

We'll play both the PS3 and 360 versions of SSFIV this week, that's for sure.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Counter-Strike or else.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheMasterDS
@Jeff: Awesome. Are you going to use GiantBombing for this and have us send friends requests to it if we want in? I can see that filling up real fast if that's the case. Hope that Halo 2's deactivation allows you a little more leeway there soon with a larger limit.

Also I have not gotten the big brother quest yet despite you very clearly looking at my topic. I guess it's glitched then. Oh well.
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By TheHT

TF2 or L4D2 would be awesomeeee.

Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bratcher_Lev
@TheMasterDS said:
" @Jeff: Awesome. Are you going to use GiantBombing for this and have us send friends requests to it if we want in? I can see that filling up real fast if that's the case. Hope that Halo 2's deactivation allows you a little more leeway there soon with a larger limit.

Also I have not gotten the big brother quest yet despite you very clearly looking at my topic. I guess it's glitched then. Oh well. "
Ha, Jeff commented on a topic I made and it didn't ding for me either. I sent him a PM about it and then INSTANTLY regretted it.
JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By JDUB_XL
 Does this event have an official name yet? Since it's a group event I have been thinking of things that involve multiple explosions and the best I have so far is "Cluster Bomb"
louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By louiedog

Giant Bomb posse in RDR?

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheMasterDS
@JDUB_XL: There's a topic here where they try to figure that out. If you want we can take the middleman out and discuss it here, but I'm fine with them having that conversation there.
JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By JDUB_XL
@TheMasterDS said: 

" @JDUB_XL: There's a topic here where they try to figure that out. If you want we can take the middleman out and discuss it here, but I'm fine with them having that conversation there. " 

Ok,  thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and posted in that thread too.